Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2010, 05:49 AM

3,681 posts, read 9,058,916 times

Advertisements

Who cares what those jokers say anyway? They are almost ALWAYS wrong!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2010, 10:22 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyDizzle23 View Post
Be careful blanketing an entire network for the opinion of one analyst (a former football player at that). If you listened to his point, it isn't too far fetched. I think it's more of a carryover from the Haynesworth deal cuz you're in that huge contract and can't get the guy on your practice field. It's a huge distraction and teammates and coaches are speaking out against Haynesworth. Plus, I don't think any team really had a significantly bad offseason. This situation stands out at the moment.

Besides, if you wanna make the argument the Redskins "won" this offseason, they "win" the offseason every year. How's that been working out at the bottom of the division? You make big splashes with players that are seriously overrated or past their prime, and you get nothing more than drips out of them during the regular season when it counts.

They have Mcnabb, and had the best offseason in their division, The End

Old 06-23-2010, 10:49 AM

219 posts, read 261,003 times
Okay, if it's that simple...I was sayin listen to his argument. Like a typical fan, you justify things in simple black and white, hear a couple words, and blast away. But games are won and lost on the field, not in the offesason. Their locker room will probably implode at some point anyway.

Old 06-23-2010, 10:53 AM

1,261 posts, read 2,023,571 times
Only time will tell, I do think they were rather hard on the skins given what they were able to do in the off season.

Plus, who cares if there is some blind homerism here now and then, that's essentially all these sports conversations revolve around.

Old 06-23-2010, 01:32 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
HUH????-LOL

Am I missing something or did they not get MCNABB in a trade????
But they have potentially the biggest contract signing bust in NFL history in Albert Haynesworth to deal with. If he is not gone by the season's beginning the Skins are going to implode (again.)

Old 06-23-2010, 02:29 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,075,065 times
The Skins got Jamaal Brown, which was a hell of a trade. Keep in mind he was an all pro when healthy in NO. McNabb was also a nice addition.
At the same time they traded away a lot (3 fairly high picks) to get this and they still don't have any fresh legs at running back, Larry Johnson is a ticking timebomb, as is DeAngelo Hall, their interior o-line qualifies for social security, and Albert Haynesworth is a disaster waiting to happen. This franchise could very easily go right back into the hole they've seemingly been the last decade if things don't go perfect.
I think it's inaccurate to say they had the worst offseason in the conference, but at the same time saying they had the best offseason is just as inaccurate.

Old 07-27-2010, 06:59 AM

I am ready for this season to start already.... Trying to get tickets for the Colts vs. 'Skins at Fed Ex Field and make the roadtrip to DC with a bunch of my buddies who are Colts fans!

What's the word locally about Haynesworth, training camp etc..local DC folks?

Old 07-27-2010, 11:04 AM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
I am ready for this season to start already.... Trying to get tickets for the Colts vs. 'Skins at Fed Ex Field and make the roadtrip to DC with a bunch of my buddies who are Colts fans!

What's the word locally about Haynesworth, training camp etc..local DC folks?
Skins will defintely battle the cowboys for the NFC East this season

Old 07-28-2010, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Skins will defintely battle the cowboys for the NFC East this season
I don't know man... I have been a 'Skins fan long enough to know better! I NEVER set the bar that high... Because I don't want to end up disappointed again! I'd be happy with 8-8 and absolutely thrilled with 9-7!!

I'd love to hear some local perspective on Training camp and how it's going? Haynesworth situation? Mike Shanahan? Anything?

Old 07-28-2010, 05:48 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
I don't know man... I have been a 'Skins fan long enough to know better! I NEVER set the bar that high... Because I don't want to end up disappointed again! I'd be happy with 8-8 and absolutely thrilled with 9-7!!

I'd love to hear some local perspective on Training camp and how it's going? Haynesworth situation? Mike Shanahan? Anything?

It's not possible for any team to go 8-8 with Donovan Mcnabb at QB
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football