Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2017, 01:33 PM

16,278 posts, read 10,411,688 times

Advertisements

Agree with the last 2 posts. Kirk was OK, certainly not the problem, but he left a lot of plays on the field. But this was all on the defense, they really miss Ioanidis and Jonathan Allen. There is a huge difference when those guys are out and we rely on Ziggy Hood and company. But it seemed as if all of the best players were bad. Norman was horrible, catch that interception please. Brown had 10 tackles but many of them were downfield. Kerrigan was invisible, as was Preston Smith (again). Scherff was hurt but that's no excuse, he sucked.

Really disappointed they made a stiff like Casey Kelwhateverhisnameis look so good. He showed that if a defense gets him moving left he is very inaccurate. But given a clean pocket with good targets most any competent QB will hurt you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2017, 01:44 PM

5,922 posts, read 6,468,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Agree with the last 2 posts. Kirk was OK, certainly not the problem, but he left a lot of plays on the field. But this was all on the defense, they really miss Ioanidis and Jonathan Allen. There is a huge difference when those guys are out and we rely on Ziggy Hood and company. But it seemed as if all of the best players were bad. Norman was horrible, catch that interception please. Brown had 10 tackles but many of them were downfield. Kerrigan was invisible, as was Preston Smith (again). Scherff was hurt but that's no excuse, he sucked.

Really disappointed they made a stiff like Casey Kelwhateverhisnameis look so good. He showed that if a defense gets him moving left he is very inaccurate. But given a clean pocket with good targets most any competent QB will hurt you.
Also noticed that Ryan Kerrigan was being held all day long, on almost every play. I know it's not a penalty if the refs don't see it, but man, some of it was blatant! We are definitely hurting without Jonathan Allen and Matt Ioannidis. I don't see why we don't just go ahead and start Spaight at inside linebacker? I always felt he has worked his butt off and deserves more playing time. He definitely provided a spark yesterday.

Nobody expects us to beat New Orleans next week - neither do I! So, let's hear it for a possible upset this week!

Old 11-13-2017, 02:23 PM

3,733 posts, read 2,560,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
Nobody expects us to beat New Orleans next week - neither do I! So, let's hear it for a possible upset this week!
(37), Hear Hear..
We've seen how high Washington's ceiling is, with their Ws in Seattle & LA, and their near-win vs KC. That's a frustrating part of following Washington.. they can win big games, and then look average in between those games. I think Redskins are due another upset.. but even with some big wins, they finish 8-8..

Old 11-15-2017, 05:11 AM

With Compton out we are looking at Speight calling the defenses as that's not Brown's thing. This has to be a bit concerning, he is certainly not experienced in that role.

Old 11-16-2017, 01:55 PM

Quote:
With Compton out we are looking at Speight calling the defenses as that's not Brown's thing. This has to be a bit concerning, he is certainly not experienced in that role.
Who knows? Spaight actually served as a spark to the defense last week, so maybe it works out?

Old 11-18-2017, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
Who knows? Spaight actually served as a spark to the defense last week, so maybe it works out?
He's played well but to my knowledge he does not have a lot of experience in being the QB of the defense.

Old 11-20-2017, 04:28 AM

So anyway two league sources called Bruce Allen to say that intentional grounding call was incorrect. That's how it goes when you are a Redskins fan.

Old 11-20-2017, 08:25 AM

Quote:
So anyway two league sources called Bruce Allen to say that intentional grounding call was incorrect. That's how it goes when you are a Redskins fan.
Yeah, I heard about that as well. That was a huge call, because not only did it penalize the 'skins 10 yards, but it was also a loss of down AND a 10 second roll off on the clock. Pretty much screwed the Redskins of a chance to kick the game winner.

But even before that, should've never even got to that point. Losing a 15 point lead in the last 6 minutes of the game is inexcusable. Lots of blame to go around. Coaching, poor decisions on the field, horrible tackling, etc. This one hurt. I know I shouldn't let it bother me the way it did, knowing that New Orleans was the better team anyway, but this loss straight up hurt! So demoralizing. Had the 'skins gotten blown out, I don't think it would've hurt nearly as bad as this loss. *Sigh*, to be a Redskins fan. It's a tortured life. I know, not nearly as bad as a Browns fan, but at least as a Browns fan, you probably expect the worse and don't take them seriously. As a Redskins fan, especially one who got to witness the glory years, it's torture, because every year, it seems like the expectations are there. Seems like the right group of players are there. Seems like the coaching staff is hopeful, and then by the end of the season, it's all the same story, just rinse and repeat.

Old 11-20-2017, 09:29 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,775,774 times
I cannot recall ever seeing anyone collapse that badly.

Old 11-20-2017, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
I cannot recall ever seeing anyone collapse that badly.
Well....last year's Super Bowl.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football