Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2014, 11:53 AM

692 posts, read 999,417 times

Advertisements

Just a rant: the interview by notPamOliver sideline reporter with Dale Earnhardt, Jr. went on way too long. Yes it's just pre- season, but show the game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2014, 02:42 PM

6,793 posts, read 5,627,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubina View Post
Just a rant: the interview by notPamOliver sideline reporter with Dale Earnhardt, Jr. went on way too long. Yes it's just pre- season, but show the game.
yep, they do that during preseason and if MY team is playing, it takes too much away from the game but lets face it.. during a 2nd half preseason game, you might get a viewer to hang around longer with a sideline interview vs any action on the field.

Being a JR fan myself and not a Redskin fan, i know i enjoyed the Jr interview more than the game.

Old 08-21-2014, 11:51 AM

5,915 posts, read 6,397,511 times
RG3 will definitely not last if he doesn't learn how to slide AND throw the football away! He has a good, accurate arm, I wished he'd learn to trust his protection and the receivers a little more. I know he wants to be electrifying, but a great player learns how to dial it down and only turn it up when the game is on the line.

One thing I DO remember about ol' McNabb in the beginning of his career. He had the legs to make some plays, but he stood in there and worked through his passing. Eventually, his passing became solid and he could beat ya with his legs if he had to. Robert seems to be more athletic than what McNabb was, but he needs to learn how to control it better. And for Pete's sake, it's freakin' preseason! Throw the stupid football away!

Old 09-03-2014, 02:34 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,066,018 times
Okay Redskins fans, let's do this. I see a win in Texas on Sunday.

Don't ask me to explain myself, because I can't LOL....but RG3 will be okay week 1. he didn't look great in the preseason, but I feel like he'll be fine for the opener against the Texans.

Clowney and Watt are gonna be coming for that ass, so I hope we bring in tight ends to help protect. Morris will be fine, Garcon is Garcon, and I'd love to get some screens going with D.Jax. Jordan Reed is a sleeper TE that will produce. all we need is for Robert to get these guys the ball.

Redskins 27, Texans 20.

Old 09-03-2014, 07:24 PM

23,771 posts, read 28,850,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
...Clowney and Watt are gonna be coming for that ass, so I hope we bring in tight ends to help protect...
tee hee hee

Old 09-04-2014, 04:12 AM

16,086 posts, read 10,242,517 times
In all honestly I can't think of too many teams that would be a worse situation to open with. RGIII is taking hits from all sides because suddenly he has become the only player in the history of the league who is judged by 20 preseason passes. Kap had 0 TDs too and an off season arrest yet the hate keeps coming for RGIII only.

So now he goes to Houston to face perhaps the fiercest pass rush in the league. No this is not a good situation, I'd love to see him stand in the pocket for 4 seconds as Nick Foles is able to do But it's not going to happen so they will have to call a lot of quick throws, let's hope it works.

Old 09-07-2014, 03:19 PM

6,212 posts, read 9,151,041 times
O Line was good for most part other than those key butterfinger fumbles (that FG block could've been corrected if not for the constant damn fumbles/turnovers), protection is still lackluster, RG3 is still trying to get a feel for movement within the pocket, special teams are.....eh..., and the D seemed to have been tiring out slowly during the second half to me. That Watts dude was on fire today (got sick of hearing his name lol). 0-1...Wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't against the Texans...Can't sleep on those underdog teams this year. Welcome to DC Jay Gruden, you got a lot of work ahead of you.

Oh well, on to the next game.

Old 09-08-2014, 07:48 AM

agree with everything, Cave.

very frustrating to watch two fumbles inside Houston's 10. Roy Helu was missing blocks left and right (on both the extra point and the blocked punt).

The defense did a hech of a job. Not saying that Fitzpatrick is Aaron Rodgers, but we held the Texans to just 10 points. Griffin looked confused at first, but started to settle down int he second half. too bad the best pass he threw all day was the one to Paul that he fumbled

Morris is usually old reliable but his fumble really killed us too. Both of those turnovers came off long, momentum building drives. Leave it to the skins to kill a good thing.

If we can't beat Jax next week, the season is over LOL.

Old 09-08-2014, 08:42 AM

3,550 posts, read 6,462,384 times
looks like another looooooooooooong season

Old 09-08-2014, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamota View Post
looks like another looooooooooooong season
yup.

unfortunately, as Redskins fans, we're used to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football