Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2016, 11:20 AM

16,266 posts, read 10,392,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
I'd say there's a good chance both Culiver and Roberts are cut once they are healthy. Norman will only count $8 million against the cap this year. Cutting Roberts alone will make room for that hit.

While the ultimate number appears to be huge, when it comes down to it, Norman is only guaranteed around $36 million. It's actually a pretty good deal for both Norman and the Redskins.

Now the Redskins can focus on other areas of need in the draft. I'm excited to see who SM gets tomorrow night!
It's amazing when I read on another board from ignorant fans of other teams that they called this "same old Redskins" when we haven't been the same old Redskins since 2010. This was a great signing, SM picks his spots. You want to see the same old Redskins, look at what the Giants did this off season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2016, 12:09 PM

5,922 posts, read 6,461,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
It's amazing when I read on another board from ignorant fans of other teams that they called this "same old Redskins" when we haven't been the same old Redskins since 2010. This was a great signing, SM picks his spots. You want to see the same old Redskins, look at what the Giants did this off season.
Absolutely. The big splashes that the Redskins have made have been wise moves that aren't cap killers. Those moronic fans don't read past the headlines "5 years / $75 million", so they assume all the money is guaranteed. Only about $36 million of it is guaranteed and only about $8 million will count this year. So, technically, the Redskins could get rid of Andre Roberts (which would be a smart move) and still keep Chris Culliver. If Culliver is 100%, between him, Norman, and Breeland? Then throw in Hall and Blackmon in the mix...that's a pretty good secondary. Just need that one safety with a killer instinct and nobody is going deep on the Redskins.

I have a feeling SM will probably wind up going linebacker, running back, and possibly center in the earlier rounds.

Old 04-28-2016, 05:41 AM

I've been discussing the draft a lot on another boards and I would honestly be fine with virtually evey player mentioned. I love the safety Joseph, the center Kelly, or any of the DL. All will fill huge needs. I hope it's not a WR, still think they can make it work with the current group for a few more years, but if they can get a real difference maker ther I can't argue the long term benefits of that. This is a great draft, GMSM will find a really good player here.

Old 04-28-2016, 07:26 AM

Quote:
I've been discussing the draft a lot on another boards and I would honestly be fine with virtually evey player mentioned. I love the safety Joseph, the center Kelly, or any of the DL. All will fill huge needs. I hope it's not a WR, still think they can make it work with the current group for a few more years, but if they can get a real difference maker ther I can't argue the long term benefits of that. This is a great draft, GMSM will find a really good player here.
Same here! Gosh, I just realized the draft is tonight! I'll be at church with my small group, but you know I'll be checking out my phone for updates, lol!

Honestly, this draft is very deep in those positions you just mentioned. And same with me, I'd be happy with any of those guys. I personally think this was not a good year for quarterbacks, which stuns me to no end that there were two teams who traded up to jump up to #1 & #2 to grab Wentz and Goff. They might turn out to be John Elway and Joe Montana for all I know, but we've had much deeper quarterback classes in the past, and I kind of felt this was an "off" year for drafting quarterbacks. Which, hey, fine with me if Philly wants to draft one of these guys this year and be short on draft picks for the next couple of years. Didn't work out so great for us, but every situation can't always be like ours.

I AM laughing at the LA Rams though. All of their moves were mostly for big splash publicity. I don't see it ending well for Jeff Fisher.

Old 04-28-2016, 09:37 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,105,948 times
With the DL depth, sounds like we'll trade down to acquire more picks. #doworkscot

Old 04-28-2016, 03:10 PM

17,562 posts, read 15,220,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
With the DL depth, sounds like we'll trade down to acquire more picks. #doworkscot
If Shaq Lawson is on the board.. Take him.

Old 04-29-2016, 06:36 AM

As I said I didn't want a WR unless he is a real difference maker. Well here he is, the big true #1 this team has been searching for since Art Monk. I love this pick, it's a great move for the future with the contracts of the 2 starters. With the DL sliding I think we can still get a great defensive player tonight.

Old 04-29-2016, 10:13 AM

Quote:
As I said I didn't want a WR unless he is a real difference maker. Well here he is, the big true #1 this team has been searching for since Art Monk. I love this pick, it's a great move for the future with the contracts of the 2 starters. With the DL sliding I think we can still get a great defensive player tonight.

Yes! I was thinking we would pick up the Center, Kelly, but he got drafted a few spots ahead of the 'skins, so I think SM went BPA, and Josh Doctson was definitely a great pick! The draft is so deep with defensive guys that the 'skins won't have an issue with addressing areas of need.

Now, Kirk Cousins will have absolutely no excuse for failing.

Old 04-29-2016, 12:58 PM

17,562 posts, read 15,220,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
Now, Kirk Cousins will have absolutely no excuse for failing.
Well.. Except that the running game is a big-ass question mark with no veteran leadership.

Old 05-01-2016, 03:47 PM

707 posts, read 1,406,895 times
Yeah we still need some OL help, maybe we can pick up one or two before the season starts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football