Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2013, 10:46 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,462,224 times

Advertisements

Interesting. Hope this helps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2013, 07:38 PM

14,321 posts, read 14,611,366 times
Interesting but I wonder how the surface is underneath the grass, how much preparation they did. It will be subject to weather issues and I'll be curious to see how a "new" surface holds up.

Old 06-25-2013, 04:47 PM

402 posts, read 852,774 times
Default Looks good

Glad they've got something that down that looks like a fix. We'll see how it holds up. Not sure why that playing surface has been so problematic. If this doesn't work, they'll have to look into one of those hybrid surfaces.

Old 08-07-2013, 11:15 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,106,572 times
Hats off to Shanahan and Bruce Allen for the dratfing they've done since Shanny got here two years ago. Ryan kerrigan (who was up for defensive rookie of the year), RG3 (nuff said), Alfred Morris (#2 running back in the nfl last year), Kirk Cousins (voted the #1 backup quarterback in the NFL).

And now in the 2013 draft, without a 1st round pick, we've got Bacarri Rambo, a 5th rounder, and David Amerson, a 2nd rounder, both fighting to possibly start this season.

Old 08-12-2013, 06:01 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,658,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Hats off to Shanahan and Bruce Allen for the dratfing they've done since Shanny got here two years ago. Ryan kerrigan (who was up for defensive rookie of the year), RG3 (nuff said), Alfred Morris (#2 running back in the nfl last year), Kirk Cousins (voted the #1 backup quarterback in the NFL).

And now in the 2013 draft, without a 1st round pick, we've got Bacarri Rambo, a 5th rounder, and David Amerson, a 2nd rounder, both fighting to possibly start this season.
Aren't ALL ROOKIES UP for rookie of the year or is that only reserved for certain rookies?? not sure what that is suppose to mean. Still, Kerrigan is a nice player/pick. RG3 was really a no brainer. Any team in that spot would have taken him so the bigger or more impressive move was the trade up to get him..

Alfred Morris, now there is something to brag about.
Kirk Cousins. voted what? who votes on best backups? That's a fairly LAME claim to fame if you ask me. Besides, if is is that great a QB or backup QB, we'll know as soon as his contract is up because he will sign with another team.

Old 08-12-2013, 06:32 AM

yep, its great that he'll sign with another team. I personally LOVE Kirk Cousins, and I'll be sad to see him go. But his trade value has sky-rocketed since last year and he will get us some great picks. Plus, RG3 will be the starter here for the next 13 years, so Kirk deserves to go start elsewhere. You can call it lame if you want, but when Kirk is in high demand and we trade him for some big picks, I'll be sure to quote you.

Kerrigan was 2nd in defensive rookie of the year, behind Von Miller.

Point I was trying to make it that, long time Redskins fans who are familiar with the disaster that was Vinny Cerato and Dan Snyder running the team, can finally rest easy as we've now got competent people in the front office making good decisions. The Redskins are finally being run like a professional organization again.

Old 08-12-2013, 12:00 PM

6,793 posts, read 5,658,994 times
Now if you trade Cousins for some picks then the pick would prove a good pick, but they have yet to do that.. so

Old 08-14-2013, 03:26 PM

8,632 posts, read 12,990,645 times
Donovan McNabb says "Robert Griffin III is getting brainwashed." I guess this is constructive criticism. lol.

Donovan McNabb: Robert Griffin III is 'getting brainwashed'

Old 08-15-2013, 07:04 AM

McNab is an idiot. He's still salty about the way his time ended in DC, and he's been hating on the Redskins ever since.

Griffin is just fine. Apparently McNab has been trying to "reach out" to Griffin and be some kind of mentor to him. Griffin wants no part of that, and that probably pisses off Donovan too, so McNab continues to spew crap out of his mouth.

Old 08-22-2013, 02:13 PM

Wow, Redskins thread knocked down to the second page. well, thought I'd bump it with something funny.

I didn't get to see the article, but on redskins radio station this morning, the hosts read a few quotes from Troy Aikman about RG3's rookie year. somewhat critical of Robert, saying he needs to become a better pocket passer (which is true somewhat but he's already pretty good in the pocket), and several other random criticisms or RG3.

I guess some Redskins stat junky got annoyed by Troy Aikman's negative comments and did some digging. Turns out RG3, in his rookie year, had a better season than Troy Aikman did his superbowl year. LOL!

Aikman's Superbowl year compared to RGIII's rookie year:

1992 – Aikman -3,445yds, 215ypg, 23TD, 14INT 63.8%comp
2012 – Griffin – 3200yds, 213ypg’ 20TD, 5INT 65.6%comp
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football