Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2013, 07:45 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,462,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Well, when you guys get tired of RGIII, just him send our way.

Sincerely,
fans of at least 28 other teams!
Trust me, if we move RGIII, it won't be because we're tired of him. It will be because he was not as advertised. But don't hold your breath on that. Giving him a full offseason to work on his mechanics and his reads, he'll be much more improved next year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2013, 07:57 AM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma5cmpb View Post
I dont get all of the hate for RGIII. What is really the problem?
Too much talk,... not enough production,... with the backdrop of high expectations that have not been met.

Old 11-21-2013, 08:30 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,106,572 times
As much as I love Robert, I have to admit that he's got an ego the size of Texas. I hope struggling this year and some of his own teammates calling him out will humble him some. He's a great kid and very positive person, but he loves himself.

we have a core group of guys on offense for this team to be really good. With a full off-season to work on his accuracy and mechanics, I believe Robert will be fine. We need interior lineman, a true #2 receiver, and a right tackle.

Old 11-21-2013, 08:34 AM

8,629 posts, read 9,130,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
As much as I love Robert, I have to admit that he's got an ego the size of Texas. I hope struggling this year and some of his own teammates calling him out will humble him some. He's a great kid and very positive person, but he loves himself.

we have a core group of guys on offense for this team to be really good. With a full off-season to work on his accuracy and mechanics, I believe Robert will be fine. We need interior lineman, a true #2 receiver, and a right tackle.
Above all, a never defensive coach.

Old 11-21-2013, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma5cmpb View Post
I dont get all of the hate for RGIII. What is really the problem?
Washington D.C. media. THAT is really the problem. They are notorious for blowing everything out of proportion that has to do with the Washington Redskins. It's as simple as Griffin having a sophomore slump - mainly because he had to use the entire offseason to rehab his injury. Add a great rookie season to the equation, it can make it a blessing and a curse. The expectations were inflated after year one, and despite the injury, people expected Griffin to come in and do exactly the same thing he did last year, if not better. IF Griffin had not gotten injured (and probably would have beaten the Seahawks in the playoffs if so) he would have had an entire offseason to work on developing his ability to read defenses, go through his progressions, his mechanics, sliding, etc... instead, he spent the entire offseason working on rehabbing the knee AND came back much earlier than what he was expected.

Honestly, in retrospect, it probably would have benefited both RGIII AND the coaching staff if RGIII had to sit out most, if not all this season.

Old 11-22-2013, 08:32 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,106,572 times
^ totally agree. leave it to the DC media to spin things into a dooms day scenario.

Griffin is 23 years old. he will be fine. Look at Cam Newton's second year. awful. not look at him, the Panthers are for real.

Old 11-22-2013, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
^ totally agree. leave it to the DC media to spin things into a dooms day scenario.

Griffin is 23 years old. he will be fine. Look at Cam Newton's second year. awful. not look at him, the Panthers are for real.
Exactly! In this day and age of instant gratification, thanks to the internet, people want instant results in all walks of life. Fast food, movies and TV shows on demand, they expect top rate pay straight out of college, etc...people don't have patience anymore.

Old 11-23-2013, 08:31 AM

2,366 posts, read 2,638,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
Exactly! In this day and age of instant gratification, thanks to the internet, people want instant results in all walks of life. Fast food, movies and TV shows on demand, they expect top rate pay straight out of college, etc...people don't have patience anymore.
Patience? Since 1992, the Redskins have won only two division titles, and just four playoff appearences only advancing to the divisional round twice and lost the last three playoff games to the Seahawks (2005, 2007, 2012). This is Shanahan's fourth year and they are in the same position they were in last season. Fans have been patient long enough.

Old 11-25-2013, 10:52 AM

3,520 posts, read 9,235,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
Trust me, if we move RGIII, it won't be because we're tired of him. It will be because he was not as advertised. But don't hold your breath on that. Giving him a full offseason to work on his mechanics and his reads, he'll be much more improved next year.
RG3's biggest problem, besides having a sensitive ego (which itself is a problem) is that he's an injury waiting to happen. He has a similar build as Michael Vick, and much like Vick, Griffin doesn't appear to be very good at avoiding hits.

Old 11-25-2013, 07:31 PM

14,321 posts, read 14,611,366 times
OK, watching a little bit of the game, I agree with the announcers. RG3 is trying to do too much and takes a bad hit. He has a guy open should have gone for a quick, short pass but holds the ball looking for a bigger play, gets hammered.

I agree he is going to get hurt, I'm surprised he hasn't already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football