Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2014, 10:48 AM

3,755 posts, read 4,801,691 times

Advertisements

Usually, the teams that have been the most successful in the NFL over the last 13 or 14 years all have owners who stay out the way. They let the coaches coach and the GMs make the personnel moves. Washington and Dallas, especially Dallas, are two examples that go against this and the records of the two teams show it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2014, 06:24 AM

16,278 posts, read 10,414,707 times
I'm the biggest Snyder basher out there but all evidence is pointing to him not being involved in personnel decisions. That is not the case in Dallas so there's hope.

As for the trade I still back it. My team dared to be great and it should be obvious by now that the way to compete year after year is to have a great QB. IMO Kirk Cousins will never be that guy. Sure Griffin's success only came in the read option but so did Russell Wilson's so don't tell me it's a gimmick.

Old 09-16-2014, 02:03 PM

3,550 posts, read 6,490,393 times
:shrug:

Old 09-17-2014, 10:01 AM

32,101 posts, read 34,720,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
As for the trade I still back it. My team dared to be great and it should be obvious by now that the way to compete year after year is to have a great QB. IMO Kirk Cousins will never be that guy. Sure Griffin's success only came in the read option but so did Russell Wilson's so don't tell me it's a gimmick.
Russell Wilson has the ability to sit in the pocket, go through his reads, and execute consistently. RG3 can't do that yet. And it's not like the knee injury is the reason for that. Many of the holes we currently see in his game were pointed out by scouts when he was at Baylor.

RG3's future as an NFL QB will all depend on how quickly he can develop his pocket skills. According to everything I've read, he's making slow progress on that front, while Cousins is learning the new system rather quickly.

Old 09-17-2014, 12:00 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,110,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Russell Wilson has the ability to sit in the pocket, go through his reads, and execute consistently. RG3 can't do that yet. And it's not like the knee injury is the reason for that. Many of the holes we currently see in his game were pointed out by scouts when he was at Baylor.
As much as this paragraph hurts my feelings, you are spot on with your analysis/opinion LOL.

I am a Redskins homer, and I love me some RG3, but he still has to become more comfortable in the pocket and go through his progressions quickly. Now granted, he was looking very smooth in the 1st quarter of game 2 before he went down, I'm hoping to see more of that.

Wilson knows how to tuck and run without taking big hits like Robert. Wilson knows how to throw the ball away before contact, and Wilson progresses through his reads better than Robert.....at this point anyway.

RG3 showed signs of just how good he was his rookie year. Hell, he led the NFL in completion percentage from week 1 through week 13. and he had a TD/INT ratio of 4:1, only QB with a better ratio than that? Peyton Manning.

Robert was looking strong at the beginning of last week, and hopefully he'll comeback in a month or so and pick up where he left off. Cousins is a good QB and will win us some games, but we all saw him go 0-3 last year and throw more INTs than TDs.

Words cannot explain how bad I feel for RG3, but sometimes I wonder if his body is just too brittle for the NFL.

Old 09-21-2014, 10:28 AM

408 posts, read 723,821 times
Kinda wish this one was a home game... this would have been a great tailgating day.

Old 09-21-2014, 06:08 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,110,408 times
man...tough loss and all that, way too much to talk about there....

but Cousins might have taken over this team today. even in a loss, he was incredible. yes, he choked late on that last drive, his age and lack of playing time showed. remember, this is only his 5th start.

Nobody is more of an RG3 homer than me, but damn....427 yards and 3 TDs? unreal.....

Old 09-22-2014, 06:01 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
RG3 might be done as a starter for the Redskins.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post

but Cousins might have taken over this team today. even in a loss, he was incredible. yes, he choked late on that last drive, his age and lack of playing time showed. remember, this is only his 5th start.

Nobody is more of an RG3 homer than me, but damn....427 yards and 3 TDs? unreal.....
I already pegged this one. The only question for Cousins is how he will adapt when teams get a bunch of film on him. But he looks good.

Old 09-22-2014, 07:13 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,611,960 times
Somebody's gotta say it: Kirk Cousins looks way more like the 'Skins' legit QB than RG3!

Old 09-22-2014, 07:46 AM

32,101 posts, read 34,720,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post

I don't think he choked. It was just a bad pass. And it wasn't necessarily a bad pass because it was inaccurate; I think it was a miscommunication between Cousins and Garcon. It looked like he expected Garcon to stay outside. I think Cousins put the ball exactly where he wanted to put it, but as you know, it takes two to tango. That's something that will probably work itself out once he's had more time to work with the first corps receivers. One reason why QBs like Peyton and Brady look so good is that they spend so much time with their receiving corps to make sure they make them look good. Peyton and his receivers always seem to be on the same page.

Now an inaccurate passer was Tavaris Jackson. That dude just didn't have it. He would throw the ball at your feet on a simple five and out route. I didn't see Cousins doing that yesterday. He was accurate.

There's no question, imo, that Cousins is a better QB than RG3. Everyone says RG3 has a higher ceiling, but I'm not sure if that's even the case, as he lacks the two most important things a good QB should have: vision and pocket presence. You can be accurate, have a strong arm, and be athletic as all get out, but those things won't necessarily make you a good QB. Yeah, RG3 can do things that Kirk Cousins can't do, but Brady can't do those things either. When's the last time you saw Tom Brady break out for a 73-yard TD run?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football