Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2015, 01:22 PM

16,278 posts, read 10,414,707 times

Advertisements

Take a look at this play, particular #39 Browner and #44. Both are totally dogging it, in a 14-14 game in the second quarter. As Browner approaches the 40 yard line instead of going after the ball carrier he peels back and hits the blocker. Is anyone wondering why Rob Ryan was fired today? They should fire Browner too.

https://instagram.com/p/-HroOuIShJ/?...ins_highlights
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2015, 02:56 PM

5,922 posts, read 6,469,795 times
As much as I enjoyed this game, I couldn't bring myself to smile and feel comfortable until about midways through the fourth quarter. I kept thinking to myself, "This is Drew Brees we're playing. He can easily turn this thing around."

Kirk Cousins continues to impress me. This might be a homer statement, but I am completely sold on rolling with Kirk Cousins for the next few years. I think you stick with the chemistry, and you continue to build the team up around him. Finding a franchise quarterback is so hard to do, and it's even harder when you still have holes that you need to fill. Not saying Kirk Cousins is a franchise quarterback, but he's good enough to continue on with the Redskins to give McCloughan a couple more seasons to build those guys up around him. If Kirk fizzles out next season or the season after that, then by that point, I feel like the team, overall, is going to be solid and finding a good quarterback to plug in will be a lot easier.

I'm making another homer statement (Dave will just love this!) Here's a bold prediction. If the Redskins somehow manage to go down to Charlotte and come away with a win, the Redskins will win the division. If they lose, I think it will be a dog fight.

Old 11-16-2015, 05:11 PM

17,585 posts, read 15,259,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
I'm making another homer statement (Dave will just love this!) Here's a bold prediction. If the Redskins somehow manage to go down to Charlotte and come away with a win, the Redskins will win the division. If they lose, I think it will be a dog fight.
Dallas is the only team that it would take a miracle for them to win the division at this point.

We have the tie breaker over Philly at the moment.. Bradford is out and they have to play the Patriots and Cardinals still.

Giants have a very tough schedule upcoming.. Jets, Dolphins, Panthers and Vikings. They're in the drivers seat.. But it's a tenuous hold.

Dallas.. Their biggest problem is being 2-7.. But, they don't have it easy, either. Dolphins, Panthers, Packers and Jets.

Old 11-17-2015, 04:33 AM

Quote:
As much as I enjoyed this game, I couldn't bring myself to smile and feel comfortable until about midways through the fourth quarter. I kept thinking to myself, "This is Drew Brees we're playing. He can easily turn this thing around."

Kirk Cousins continues to impress me. This might be a homer statement, but I am completely sold on rolling with Kirk Cousins for the next few years. I think you stick with the chemistry, and you continue to build the team up around him. Finding a franchise quarterback is so hard to do, and it's even harder when you still have holes that you need to fill. Not saying Kirk Cousins is a franchise quarterback, but he's good enough to continue on with the Redskins to give McCloughan a couple more seasons to build those guys up around him. If Kirk fizzles out next season or the season after that, then by that point, I feel like the team, overall, is going to be solid and finding a good quarterback to plug in will be a lot easier.

I felt the same way about that game, didn't relax until the pick 6. Also feel the same about Kirk. I was dogging him for his accuracy but that has improved. All I was hoping for is your scenario, he is good enough to hold down the job for several season while GMSM improves the roster.

As for winning the division I don't see a win in Carolina but I'm cool if you want to keep hope alive. Hell even with a loss they're still in it. Terrible break with the schedule not getting Dallas once without Romo. We've only played 2 division games so far, that's weird.

Old 11-17-2015, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
I felt the same way about that game, didn't relax until the pick 6. Also feel the same about Kirk. I was dogging him for his accuracy but that has improved. All I was hoping for is your scenario, he is good enough to hold down the job for several season while GMSM improves the roster.

As for winning the division I don't see a win in Carolina but I'm cool if you want to keep hope alive. Hell even with a loss they're still in it. Terrible break with the schedule not getting Dallas once without Romo. We've only played 2 division games so far, that's weird.
I know we'd be licking our chops at the thoughts of catching Dallas without Romo, but history should tell us all logic and stats go out the window when those teams play each other. Knowing our luck, the Redskins would play a horrible game against a Cassel led Cowboys team and the 'boys would come out with a 'W'. I actually like the idea, better, of playing the Cowboys with Romo in there, as I feel it gives our team no excuses and just more confidence to know they can beat a hated division foe with its stars in the lineup.

A win in Charlotte is going to be very tough, but for some reason, I don't find it impossible or improbable. This is around the time when undefeated teams start to stumble. It's awful hard to win ten games in a row in the NFL, especially when your loss column has a big fat 0 in it. As a team, you just seem to be a target. Where as, when you're a team like the Redskins, who seems to be heating up at the right time, rolling off seven or eight wins in a row is more about survival than perfection. And I think when you're in that situation, you play with a lot more intensity and fear of losing than you do when you're trying to remain perfect. I don't see any perfect team in the NFL, and if not the Redskins, someone is going to hand the Panthers a loss or two, as well as the Patriots.

That all being said, it's going to be a tough game, and the Redskins can't allow the Panthers to jump out ahead of them early. I think if the game is close in the 4th quarter, I think the advantage goes to the Redskins. I just want to enjoy myself at the game. I like the Panthers too and hope they go 15-1 this year and only make the Super Bowl if the 'skins don't make the playoffs!

But yeah, talking about Kirk Cousins, I am actually at a point in my mind where I feel if the 'skins lose, it's not because of Cousins. It's because the team around him let him down. That was the story against the Patriots - Cousins actually played a pretty decent game against them from what I understand. It was just unfortunate that the Patriots jumped out 14-0 before the 'skins even had a chance to touch the football.

Old 11-18-2015, 05:20 AM

Yeah I'm much more comfortable with Kirk now than a few weeks ago. As you predicted maybe his accuracy can improve. But I still hesitate to believe our offensive problems have been cured after facing a bad defense that wasn't even trying. Run game will have a big challenge ahead of them.

Redskins win in a blowout, Maryland beats Georgetown in a great game. Having a good week.

Old 11-18-2015, 09:22 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,110,408 times
If we can contain Stewart, and limit Cam's running on us and keep him in the pocket... ....skins win.

Old 11-18-2015, 12:52 PM

Kirk Cousins named NFC Offensive player of the week for the second time this year. Congrats to captain Kirk!

Old 11-18-2015, 01:43 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,611,960 times
Quote:
Kirk Cousins named NFC Offensive player of the week for the second time this year. Congrats to captain Kirk!
Wow. Congrats to the Kirk Man!

Old 11-21-2015, 04:33 AM

Carolina really isn't that good, these are the teams they have played.

JAX (3-6)
HOU (3-5)
NO (4-6)
TB (4-5)
SEA (4-5)
PHI (4-5)
IND (4-5)
GB (6-3)
TEN (2-7)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football