Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2016, 04:58 PM

1,281 posts, read 776,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
That's why they play the games...
I would bet big money on that in Vegas lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2016, 05:13 PM

6,793 posts, read 5,658,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfceast View Post
I would bet big money on that in Vegas lol
And that's why VEGAS has BIG FANCY HOTELS!

Old 11-28-2016, 07:27 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,462,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryffendor View Post
All absolutely, 100% true....but you are coming in the middle of the argument. This started a few pages back when Skins was crowing about a 3rd shot at the Cowboys in the playoffs. Don't just assume you are a lock for the playoffs, the Skins are in a fight with other teams. Barring a complete and total collapse, Dallas is making the playoffs. Other than the Bears game, Wash doesn't have an easy 5 games left....so I go back to my original, albeit obvious statements:

Is Wash behind the Giants....YES
Is Wash just ahead of the Eagles in the standings....YES
Is Wash closer to the Giants and Philly in the standings then they are to Dallas....YES
Let's set the record straight. Number one, this is a Redskins fan thread. If you can't take the optimism about the Redskins in this thread, then get the eff out of the thread. It's one thing if Redskins fans argue among ourselves, and often we do. However, we can crow all we want in here. Go complain about it in the Cowboys thread if you must, or, start your own thread. But know if you come in here, expect, at least from some of us 'skins fans, to be optimistic of our chances. You may not like it, but according to the rules, you have to respect it if you choose to continue posting in here. When I post in other teams' threads, I try to be as highly respectful as possible and avoid arguments. I suggest you do the same.

Secondly, my post came from, one, my observations of how well my team is playing, and two, how it would shake out if the season ended today. Currently, the 'skins have the sixth seed, and would play the Lions in the first round. If they beat the Lions, they would go to Dallas to face the Cowboys for a third time this season. That is absolute fact.

Sure, things can change between now and the end of the season, and if you were smart enough to go back through this thread and read my earlier posts, you'd see I've echoed that same sentiment. The Redskins could mess up and drop one game too many and miss the playoffs. They might wind up with the fifth seed. They may wind up playing the Seahawks if they advance in the playoffs, or they might be one and done in the playoffs. I am not skirting around the possibilities.

My post was mainly to say, I'm confident this Redskins team will make the playoffs - not at all different from the comment you made in this post above about the Cowboys. I could say the same exact thing about my Redskins. And since I am confident the 'skins can make it, it is not out of question to see that there could be a third meeting between the two teams again. Heck, I'll take that chance again. At least the Redskins would have sufficient time to prepare for the game.

Old 11-28-2016, 10:17 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
Quote:
As a Cowboy fan, Eagles and Wash do not concern me....Giants scare me....I would rather the Cowboys play any other team in the playoffs than the Giants
i am not concerned about the eagles, doubt they are making the playoffs this year. my thoughts on that can change though depening on how they play the packers tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfceast View Post
There is no way that skins team I saw on Thanksgiving will lose to the giants and eagles. They will definitely beat one of them.
i agree, if the redskins continue to play like they did on thursday, they will at least split with the eagles and giants, and probably sweep both games. however once again i will remind you that these are rivalry games, and anything can happen in these games.

Old 11-28-2016, 10:43 AM

158 posts, read 73,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
Let's set the record straight. Number one, this is a Redskins fan thread. If you can't take the optimism about the Redskins in this thread, then get the eff out of the thread. It's one thing if Redskins fans argue among ourselves, and often we do. However, we can crow all we want in here. Go complain about it in the Cowboys thread if you must, or, start your own thread. But know if you come in here, expect, at least from some of us 'skins fans, to be optimistic of our chances. You may not like it, but according to the rules, you have to respect it if you choose to continue posting in here. When I post in other teams' threads, I try to be as highly respectful as possible and avoid arguments. I suggest you do the same.

Secondly, my post came from, one, my observations of how well my team is playing, and two, how it would shake out if the season ended today. Currently, the 'skins have the sixth seed, and would play the Lions in the first round. If they beat the Lions, they would go to Dallas to face the Cowboys for a third time this season. That is absolute fact.

Sure, things can change between now and the end of the season, and if you were smart enough to go back through this thread and read my earlier posts, you'd see I've echoed that same sentiment. The Redskins could mess up and drop one game too many and miss the playoffs. They might wind up with the fifth seed. They may wind up playing the Seahawks if they advance in the playoffs, or they might be one and done in the playoffs. I am not skirting around the possibilities.

My post was mainly to say, I'm confident this Redskins team will make the playoffs - not at all different from the comment you made in this post above about the Cowboys. I could say the same exact thing about my Redskins. And since I am confident the 'skins can make it, it is not out of question to see that there could be a third meeting between the two teams again. Heck, I'll take that chance again. At least the Redskins would have sufficient time to prepare for the game.
Wait a minute skins, I see you on Cowboy threads all the time, so you should follow your own advice. Please point out to me where I said you shouldn't be optimistic? The skins are a good team, I didn't deny that. All I said was it seems you have your sights set on Dallas, when I think you should be looking to whos a whole lot closer to you in the standings and you still have to play. These 2 teams are not in the same boat. Hypothetically if Dallas goes 2-3 down the stretch or even 1-5, they may not win the division, but its a good bet they make the playoffs (12-4 or 11-5 record)....if the Skins go 2-3 or 1-5, that would be pretty tough for them to make the playoffs, unless you are fully confident that 8-7-1 or 7-8-1 is a lock for a playoff spot

Old 11-28-2016, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Wait a minute skins, I see you on Cowboy threads all the time, so you should follow your own advice. Please point out to me where I said you shouldn't be optimistic? The skins are a good team, I didn't deny that. All I said was it seems you have your sights set on Dallas, when I think you should be looking to whos a whole lot closer to you in the standings and you still have to play. These 2 teams are not in the same boat. Hypothetically if Dallas goes 2-3 down the stretch or even 1-5, they may not win the division, but its a good bet they make the playoffs (12-4 or 11-5 record)....if the Skins go 2-3 or 1-5, that would be pretty tough for them to make the playoffs, unless you are fully confident that 8-7-1 or 7-8-1 is a lock for a playoff spot

Quote:
Eagles and Giants are closer to the Redskins than Dallas is (record wise). you seem to be liking the idea of getting Dallas a 3rd time in the playoffs. You should be worried about making the playoffs instead of a rematch

/\ This right here. I take that as being talked down to and disrespected. You are in the Redskins thread, not the Dallas Cowboys thread, not the NFC East thread. You make the same statement in those threads - Fine! We'll have a conversation. But don't come here to the Redskins thread and telling us fans what we should or shouldn't do. You want to talk strategy, X's and O's - I have no problem with that. Want to say something derogatory about us 'skins fans - don't let the door hit ya on the way out.

And yes, you'll see me posting in other teams' threads, because I like talking football with fans from different teams, including the Cowboys fans. If there is ever an argument, or if I purposely offend someone, I apologize, but I do try to clarify my position in any debate.

Now, having said all of that, my original post was in no way, shape, or form disregarding any other team on the Redskins schedule. But my opinion is, the Redskins will make the playoffs and if so, they DO have a good shot at seeing the Cowboys again. And if they DO, it is very tough beating a team three times in one year. That was my whole point. It was a passing thought of basically saying, "Hey, who knows, might see us again!" And then you took off on some tangent about how the Redskins fans, namely me, am/are too concerned about playing the Cowboys again this year. All I'm concerned about right now is beating Arizona. But I would love for the 'skins to have another shot at the Cowboys this year. I don't mind that challenge.

Old 11-28-2016, 01:33 PM

158 posts, read 73,618 times
Quote:
/\ This right here. I take that as being talked down to and disrespected. You are in the Redskins thread, not the Dallas Cowboys thread, not the NFC East thread. You make the same statement in those threads - Fine! We'll have a conversation. But don't come here to the Redskins thread and telling us fans what we should or shouldn't do. You want to talk strategy, X's and O's - I have no problem with that. Want to say something derogatory about us 'skins fans - don't let the door hit ya on the way out.

And yes, you'll see me posting in other teams' threads, because I like talking football with fans from different teams, including the Cowboys fans. If there is ever an argument, or if I purposely offend someone, I apologize, but I do try to clarify my position in any debate.

Now, having said all of that, my original post was in no way, shape, or form disregarding any other team on the Redskins schedule. But my opinion is, the Redskins will make the playoffs and if so, they DO have a good shot at seeing the Cowboys again. And if they DO, it is very tough beating a team three times in one year. That was my whole point. It was a passing thought of basically saying, "Hey, who knows, might see us again!" And then you took off on some tangent about how the Redskins fans, namely me, am/are too concerned about playing the Cowboys again this year. All I'm concerned about right now is beating Arizona. But I would love for the 'skins to have another shot at the Cowboys this year. I don't mind that challenge.
If you ask me today, I would say 3 teams from the NFC East make the playoffs....I don't understand, how in my opinion, Washington SHOULD NOT worry about the Cowboys any longer (you have already played them twice) and SHOULD worry about making the playoffs. Yes, I know you are currently the 6th seed, but that is not a lock with 5 games to go. Now, if you were the 6th seed with a 2 game lead and 1 game to play, ok then, no worries....I don't understand how when I say "you should be worried about making the playoffs" is derogatory or being talked down to. If you genuinely took it that way, then I apologize. Now, getting back to football talk. Lets be honest, while its not impossible to catch Dallas, I think you will agree its highly unlikely....5 games left so in theory, you have to run the table and go 11-4-1, Dallas on the other hand has to go 1-4....is it possible, yes. Is it likely? mmmmmmmm probably not. You are basically 1.5 games in back of the Giants and depending on what Philly does tonight, you could be only 1/2 game in front of them....The one team everyone seems to be leaving out of the playoff talk is Tampa. Big win for them yesterday

Last edited by Gryffendor; 11-28-2016 at 01:42 PM..

Old 11-28-2016, 02:39 PM

Quote:
If you ask me today, I would say 3 teams from the NFC East make the playoffs....I don't understand, how in my opinion, Washington SHOULD NOT worry about the Cowboys any longer (you have already played them twice) and SHOULD worry about making the playoffs. Yes, I know you are currently the 6th seed, but that is not a lock with 5 games to go. Now, if you were the 6th seed with a 2 game lead and 1 game to play, ok then, no worries....I don't understand how when I say "you should be worried about making the playoffs" is derogatory or being talked down to. If you genuinely took it that way, then I apologize. Now, getting back to football talk. Lets be honest, while its not impossible to catch Dallas, I think you will agree its highly unlikely....5 games left so in theory, you have to run the table and go 11-4-1, Dallas on the other hand has to go 1-4....is it possible, yes. Is it likely? mmmmmmmm probably not. You are basically 1.5 games in back of the Giants and depending on what Philly does tonight, you could be only 1/2 game in front of them....The one team everyone seems to be leaving out of the playoff talk is Tampa. Big win for them yesterday
Nobody asked you. Will you please give it a rest? Go back to your Cowboys forum and stop bothering us.

Old 11-28-2016, 02:51 PM

1,281 posts, read 776,015 times
Quote:
The bucs are close but have to keep winning or hope the skins lose

Old 11-28-2016, 03:23 PM

17,565 posts, read 15,226,764 times
Quote:
Nobody asked you. Will you please give it a rest? Go back to your Cowboys forum and stop bothering us.
Don't get why you all are getting so torn up over this.. Especially because.. he's basically right. I agree with his assessment.

Have you seen the teams that the Vikings and Bucs have left to play?

Vikes - Cowboys, Jags, Colts, Packers, Bears

Bucs - Chargers, Saints x2, Cowboys, Panthers

The Vikings should be able to pull a 4-1 out of that.. The question is.. Wow.. They've been inconsistent.

The Bucs should also be able to pull a 4-1.. The thing is.. Winston is such a sophomore QB this year.. you really have no idea who will show up. And, apparently after yesterday.. no idea which defense will show up.

Thinking that the playoffs are in the bag is dangerous thinking right now. I think there's a good chance we overtake the Giants for the first wild card, but that's not a given. and that tie just throws things into a total mess.

If either of those teams goes 4-1 and the skins go 3-2 down the stretch.. Outside looking in. Skins still have to play the Cardinals in Phoenix and Carolina at home. Carolina.. We don't know which team will show up.. Don't take anything for granted. Just as, if I was Dallas and had to play the Redskins a third time.. I wouldn't count that as an automatic win. Wasn't it Jacksonville back in '99 or so that only lost to the Titans all year? And lost three times to them? Division games, man.. Anything can happen.

The grip on that last playoff spot is still tenuous. In 2 or 3 weeks.. I hope it's firmed up significantly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football