Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2017, 03:25 PM

16,269 posts, read 10,395,161 times

Advertisements

They showed the fans chanting "Stay on Strike" in this show. Maybe it was you?

I can't remember how I felt when the first game started. I'm sure I was still supporting the real players and thought this was a bunch of nonsense. But I do remember that the games counted and by the MNF game against Dallas I was all in. I was a bartender in a small Cheers like place and I was yelling like it was the Super Bowl. As I recall a few of the customers didn't give a damn, I'm sure I annoyed them. Also remember that night as it was Black Monday when the stock market crashed. We thought '08 was bad, how about down 45% in 2 days?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2017, 09:03 PM

17,567 posts, read 15,226,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
I went to one of those games at RFK. What a blast. First we gravitated around the striking Skins before the game and then went in and watched it from the 3rd row or so.

As we left after beating the Cardinals, everyone was chanting, "Stay on Strike!"

I have not seen the episode yet and had never thought about whether they deserve a ring or not. It's a very peculiar situation. The only similar one I can think of- and it's a stretch at best- is that fella who campaigned to give Adrian Dantley a ring after the Pistons traded him and then won the NBA crown.
I was at that game, too.. And remember meeting Charles Mann on the picket line.

My opinion.. Yes, they deserve rings. They don't win those three games, Redskins likely don't win the Super Bowl.

They would have still made the playoffs, as a #4 seed..

So, then you have

1) 49ers
2) Bears
3) Saints
4) Redskins
5) Vikings

So, you have Vikings @ Redskins for the wildcard.. Redskins likely win, as they had just beaten the Vikings in the finale (In OT)

Then they travel to the 49ers.. I don't think they win that game.Assuming they do.. Then it's the NFC Championship against either the Bears or the Saints. In Chicago or New Orleans.

They could have beaten the Saints.. But no off week against the Bears, that game, which they won in the real world, is far tougher.

My only issue is.. I'd say 90% of the players would immediately hock the rings.. Which is the one reason I would say NOT to give them to them.

Old 09-16-2017, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
I was at that game, too.. And remember meeting Charles Mann on the picket line.

My opinion.. Yes, they deserve rings. They don't win those three games, Redskins likely don't win the Super Bowl.

They would have still made the playoffs, as a #4 seed..

So, then you have

1) 49ers
2) Bears
3) Saints
4) Redskins
5) Vikings

So, you have Vikings @ Redskins for the wildcard.. Redskins likely win, as they had just beaten the Vikings in the finale (In OT)

Then they travel to the 49ers.. I don't think they win that game.Assuming they do.. Then it's the NFC Championship against either the Bears or the Saints. In Chicago or New Orleans.

They could have beaten the Saints.. But no off week against the Bears, that game, which they won in the real world, is far tougher.

My only issue is.. I'd say 90% of the players would immediately hock the rings.. Which is the one reason I would say NOT to give them to them.
Excellent points. I'm back on the fence again. But if it's their ring they have the right to sell it right?

Old 09-16-2017, 10:33 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,106,572 times
Pretty nervous about the game tomorrow. I read that Doctson is "questionable". Man, our 2016 draft class is looking horrific at the moment. First and second rounders a complete waste so far. At least Fuller appears to be developing.

I think the D will do okay, run D looked better than last year so hopefully Gurly won't shred us. I hope we get to Gurley early and often.

All depends on which Kirk shows up tomorrow, per usual. Here's to hoping the o-line does a better job. Cousins would have a much easier time trying to throw the ball if we could actually muster some sort of running game to keep the Rams D honest. Kirk has to do his part and cut down on the bonehead turnovers. I believe we win that game if we score a TD where Kirk threw an INT in the redzone. Poor decision to throw of his back foot and the ball sailed on him. Not even a great play by the Eagles' DB, just a horrific throw.

I am excited, but very nervous. Still really pissed that we're already in the hole now at 0-1, which we have been every year during the Gruden era. Already 0-1 in the division, and already lost a home game.

Old 09-17-2017, 01:33 PM

I'm not optimistic at all, that's a good front we are facing.

Old 09-17-2017, 05:42 PM

3,728 posts, read 2,551,518 times
Hail..

Week 2, Redskin O-line looked a lot better, strong first half running-game. Cousins closed out the game. Boring at times, but good road win.

Any one else notice there was a lot of burgundy & gold in the Coliseum stands (?)

Old 09-18-2017, 05:42 AM

Well that was certainly surprising, didn't see that coming. Kirk is still struggling but the last 2 drives shows the difference between an established NFL QB and what you get when you rely on the draft, even with the top pick. I would be very very concerned about Jared Goff if I were a Rams fan.

Old 09-18-2017, 06:57 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,106,572 times
Cousins still looked pretty bad at times, but he came through when we needed him. Defense played well enough to get us the W. Body bag game for us, lots of guys went down. Broken rib for Kelley? That's bad. I like Perine and I'm glad he's getting involved, but I'm not sure he's ready to be a 25 carries per game guy yet. Thompson....wow. No wonder we locked him up last month.

If we don't miss that FG and Thompson makes that catch he dropped wide open over the middle, the game isn't nearly as close. Still, a win is a win. Ugly game, but a very strong and emotional TEAM win. Everybody did their part, we did just enough to get the W.

Raiders coming to town.....yikes.

Old 09-18-2017, 07:09 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,767,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Excellent points. I'm back on the fence again. But if it's their ring they have the right to sell it right?
Years ago, Alvin Garrett sold his ring. He caught a touchdown pass in SB XVII.

Old 09-18-2017, 07:12 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,462,224 times
Coach Gruden actually listened to me! He rant he ball like crazy yesterday, and the Redskins were having big time success.......before Kelley goes down with broken ribs!

Well folks, like it or not, we are going to be seeing a lot of Perine in the next several weeks, so I hope he shows us why he was a good draft pick. The Redskins, once again, will need to rely on their running game if they have a hope of winning the next couple of games. Pryor - I am souring on him pretty quick. I am souring on Doctson even quicker. Can't get on the field and if he does, he isn't targeted. I hate to say it and you all know I'm one of the more optimistic Redskins fans, but I think we have Taylor Jacobs 2.0 on our hands. When Ryan Grant is your goto guy, you know you're in trouble!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football