Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2017, 05:25 AM

16,266 posts, read 10,392,447 times

Advertisements

I felt the need to apologize to the country for making them watch a game like that. Fortunately the Giants were worse than we were.

F You Mara and that salary cap penalty you orchestrated. How does 2-9 taste you dick?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2017, 06:59 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,461,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
I felt the need to apologize to the country for making them watch a game like that. Fortunately the Giants were worse than we were.

F You Mara and that salary cap penalty you orchestrated. How does 2-9 taste you dick?
And they are officially out of the playoffs. Hopefully the Redskins can take care of the Cowboys, which I hear there are some grumblings in D-town about the coaching staff. Hopefully they continue their woes for at least one more week, lol!

Old 11-27-2017, 08:10 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,105,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
And they are officially out of the playoffs. Hopefully the Redskins can take care of the Cowboys, which I hear there are some grumblings in D-town about the coaching staff. Hopefully they continue their woes for at least one more week, lol!
A win on Thursday and I'm officially on the playoffs bandwagon.

Chargers have been playing really well lately, but after that we've got AZ, DEN, and NYG. All very winnable games.

Old 11-27-2017, 08:36 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,663,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post

Chargers have been playing really well lately, but after that we've got AZ, DEN, and NYG. All very winnable games.
Even more than playoffs I want them to do it this week: We are a split family: only 2 Redskins fans and the rest are Cowboys all the way: Damn, I would love to rub the Cowboy fans faces in the dirt. Well, I wouldn't go that far, but I sure would be on cloud 9.

Old 11-27-2017, 10:47 AM

Quote:

Yeah, unfortunately, even if the 'skins win out, they can still miss the playoffs, but doesn't stop me wanting them to win out regardless. Losing both to the Vikings and the Saints really hurt us. Had we won one of those games, I think the 'skins would've been in a really good position. Still, finishing at 10-6 is nothing to be upset about in my opinion. Especially if we can hand those Cowboys an L on Thursday night.

Old 11-27-2017, 12:13 PM

4,829 posts, read 4,281,291 times
We've had some luck in the running back position this season, regarding next man up. Fat Rob filled in a bit then got hurt. Chris Thompson played well and then he got hurt. Now Perine has had 2 consecutive 100 yard rushing games. He had some bad runs where holes didn't open up, but he had some good runs for 10-12 yards as well. It was good to see the Crowder of old again on Thursday. He put on a clinic!

Old 11-28-2017, 06:44 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,105,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
Yeah, unfortunately, even if the 'skins win out, they can still miss the playoffs, but doesn't stop me wanting them to win out regardless. Losing both to the Vikings and the Saints really hurt us. Had we won one of those games, I think the 'skins would've been in a really good position. Still, finishing at 10-6 is nothing to be upset about in my opinion. Especially if we can hand those Cowboys an L on Thursday night.
I'm totally with ya, brother.

Even at 10-6, we could definitely still not get in. And I agree, the losses to the Saints and Vikings really hurt. Infuriating the way we lost those games.

And yet I keep telling myself. If we somehow finish 10-6, or even 9-7, as the most injured team in the NFL....that's a positive for me. Sign kirk, Sign Zach Brown, draft a bunch of nasty guys on both sides of the line, and get ready for 2018.

Fun fact? Through 12 weeks, based solely on opponents records, the Washington Redskins have had the #1 toughest schedule in the NFL in 2017. On top of that, we have 15 guys (FIFTEEN!) on IR that were on the roster week 1. That is ****ing unbelievable.

This goes WAY beyond just the Redskins. I can't ever remember a team in NFL history EVER having nearly 28% of their week 1 roster out for the season.

Old 11-28-2017, 08:16 AM

Quote:
I'm totally with ya, brother.

Even at 10-6, we could definitely still not get in. And I agree, the losses to the Saints and Vikings really hurt. Infuriating the way we lost those games.

And yet I keep telling myself. If we somehow finish 10-6, or even 9-7, as the most injured team in the NFL....that's a positive for me. Sign kirk, Sign Zach Brown, draft a bunch of nasty guys on both sides of the line, and get ready for 2018.

Fun fact? Through 12 weeks, based solely on opponents records, the Washington Redskins have had the #1 toughest schedule in the NFL in 2017. On top of that, we have 15 guys (FIFTEEN!) on IR that were on the roster week 1. That is ****ing unbelievable.

This goes WAY beyond just the Redskins. I can't ever remember a team in NFL history EVER having nearly 28% of their week 1 roster out for the season.
Yeah, I mean, injuries are going to happen and it's tough to put blame on any particular reason as to why a team has so many on IR other than it just being bad luck. However, having a solid, deep roster is the job of the GM, and since our VP was so eager to fire the only "football" guy we've had in the front office for a long time, then I put the blame on Bruce Allen for not having solid depth all around.

Old 12-01-2017, 06:47 AM

4,829 posts, read 4,281,291 times
Man, Jamison Crowder has fallen off a cliff this season. He played rough last night. Two fumbles and almost had a third. Tipped pass inside the 10 that turned into a pick. Doctson continues to come into his own. The Cowboys rolled over the Redskins last night. The Skins looked out of sorts, even more so, than other games playing with all these injuries. Perine couldn't get in much of a rhythm either.

Old 12-01-2017, 07:37 AM

16,266 posts, read 10,392,447 times
Yeah I have no idea what is happening with Crowder. One good games and the rest have stunk. Defense actually came to play yesterday but the offense kept shooting themselves in the foot. But the 2nd half the defense was worn down and mailed it in, sad to see. But let's be honest, this team with a preseason roster is in no position to win a road divisional game, they came in with virtually no chance.

Despite the fumble the play of Kirk Cousins was the only thing that was positive. He was under constant pressure and created on broken plays, the thing some said he could not do. Without the drops and a tipped pass his numbers would have been even better, both pics were not his fault. Redskins fans wanting to start over with another QB are freaking morons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football