Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2018, 01:08 PM

16,274 posts, read 10,401,684 times

Advertisements

That Guice injury was a blow to the crotch, still pissed about it. Maybe it's because it looked OK at the time, Ioanidas was the guy who looked to be wrecked. The early report said sprained MCL, this news came out of the blue and was a real blow. This was the one rookie I saw making an immediate impact, I was really looking forward to watching him play. Now we return basically the same OL and the same RBs. Why on Earth would we expect anything different?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2018, 08:38 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,464,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
That Guice injury was a blow to the crotch, still pissed about it. Maybe it's because it looked OK at the time, Ioanidas was the guy who looked to be wrecked. The early report said sprained MCL, this news came out of the blue and was a real blow. This was the one rookie I saw making an immediate impact, I was really looking forward to watching him play. Now we return basically the same OL and the same RBs. Why on Earth would we expect anything different?
That's exactly how I felt. Guice was bringing the excitement - that different dimension to the offense that just hasn't been there in recent years. Yes, we know it's all hype until we actually see it out on the field, but I think everyone involved with the organization could see he was something special. To lose him for the entire season was a huge punch to the gut. As a Redskins fan, you almost feel like you need to scratch the 2018 season and just move on to the 2019 season. But, then again, I'm sure Minnesota fans felt the same way last year, and their team made it all the way to the NFC Championship game. So, who knows? It could've been that Guice was going to have this injury, regardless if it was the first preseason game, second, third, or any game during the regular season. He probably needs the surgery to completely strengthen his ACL, and hopefully he comes back stronger next year. Remember Terry Allen? He had two knees that were surgically repaired, and he still had some good seasons in his twilight with us and when he was with Minnesota.

Old 08-16-2018, 09:22 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,770,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Considering how we know that will work, should we sign another back from somewhere else?

Old 08-16-2018, 09:53 AM

17,568 posts, read 15,237,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Considering how we know that will work, should we sign another back from somewhere else?

I kicked the thought around of trying to pick up Bo from Dallas. The reason I thought of him is because I don't think there's any way he makes the team. But.. The reason I thought that was looking for a power back and I think Thompson fits that bill. Anyone else, meaning any other style of runner, I think is a lateral move.

Get through 2 or 3 games, see how Perine and Kelley are doing and perhaps if the wheels are coming off.. Make a move then.

Old 08-16-2018, 09:04 PM

3,733 posts, read 2,553,512 times
Jets-Skins was a fun preseason game..

I thought McCoy & Hogan both looked pretty good.
And this young receiver 89 (Simms, I think), showed some killer hands. Hopkins was 5 for 5 in the kicking game. A good night..

Old 08-16-2018, 09:15 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,609,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babe_Ruth View Post
Jets-Skins was a fun preseason game..

I thought McCoy & Hogan both looked pretty good.
And this young receiver 89 (Simms, I think), showed some killer hands. Hopkins was 5 for 5 in the kicking game. A good night..
I'm right there with you, Mr Ruth. The 'Skins looked very good tonight.

Old 08-17-2018, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt AZ View Post
I'm right there with you, Mr Ruth. The 'Skins looked very good tonight.

5 field goals.. 0 TDs.

How did the RB's do, which everyone should be focused on..

Martez Carter, 7 rushes for 45 yards.. Hey.. Not bad.. a nice 6.4 ypr average. Oh.. 33 yards came on one carry? so, that's 6 rushes for 12 yards?

Hey.. Perine.. 1 rush for 30 yards... One.. Rush. And then he sprains his ankle.

Fat Rob.. 7 for 17. Yeah.. Not good.

There were bright spots in the game.. Don't get me wrong. But saying things look good is having on a big ass set of rose colored glasses.

Old 08-17-2018, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
5 field goals.. 0 TDs.
How did the RB's do, which everyone should be focused on..
Martez Carter, 7 rushes for 45 yards.. Hey.. Not bad.. a nice 6.4 ypr average. Oh.. 33 yards came on one carry? so, that's 6 rushes for 12 yards?
Hey.. Perine.. 1 rush for 30 yards... One.. Rush. And then he sprains his ankle.

Fat Rob.. 7 for 17. Yeah.. Not good.

There were bright spots in the game.. Don't get me wrong. But saying things look good is having on a big ass set of rose colored glasses.

Labonte, Why should we be focused on Washington's run game (?)
They have none.. that's a given.
It was up to Cousins to carry the offense.. Not it will be up to Smith. (fingers crossed)
I thought the take away from last night was that the backup QBs looked pretty good & this rookie receiver #89 has really strong hands..

Hail.

Old 08-17-2018, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babe_Ruth View Post
Labonte, Why should we be focused on Washington's run game (?)
They have none.. that's a given.
It was up to Cousins to carry the offense.. Not it will be up to Smith. (fingers crossed)
I thought the take away from last night was that the backup QBs looked pretty good & this rookie receiver #89 has really strong hands..

Hail.

So.. The people that will be riding the bench, assuming they're even on the roster, looked good against 2nd and 3rd stringers.. And this gives you hope for a good year?

Old 08-17-2018, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
So.. The people that will be riding the bench, assuming they're even on the roster, looked good against 2nd and 3rd stringers.. And this gives you hope for a good year?
I never said I have hope for a good season.. where'd you read/gather that (?)

I was commending the guys who had a good game last nite. I thought the Redskins were average with a very good Cousins.. now I believe they're worse (with Smith).

Just my opinion.. but please comprehend my posts & opinions before u criticize/belittle them, peace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football