Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2018, 07:32 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,469,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
It's nice to see pod casts are a great option for these guys. That is a brutal business, in a snap of a finger boom you are gone. And it happens all the time to these guys. Here is a local guy with local team knowledge, both present and the past. Is he really supposed to get a gig as a sports talk host in Cincinnati?
I haven't really had a chance to catch any of his shows. Being down here in Carolina, I don't really pick up any stations that would cover Redskins stuff.

From what I was reading, it sounds like Snyder sold off the radio station?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2018, 09:26 AM

13,650 posts, read 20,777,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert Hall '62 View Post
Yeah, he seems to have a fetish for crushing windpipes.

Give it a rest, Doc.
Ah, Doc's a good guy.

You gotta give him credit. A decent TE but far from memorable. Yet he has made himself relevant (and employable) in the Redskins sphere of influence for decades.

Met him once- on the Metro of all places. Thanked him for 1983 and he had to think for a second about what I was referring to. Then he smiled.

Old 09-14-2018, 02:18 PM

16,278 posts, read 10,414,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Ah, Doc's a good guy.

You gotta give him credit. A decent TE but far from memorable. Yet he has made himself relevant (and employable) in the Redskins sphere of influence for decades.

Met him once- on the Metro of all places. Thanked him for 1983 and he had to think for a second about what I was referring to. Then he smiled.

Oh Doc is OK and I'm happy he found a post football career but I hate to see pros like Sheehan shown the door. His "manhood" and "I'm a champ" schtick is old. Now I know he didn't write the copy but he has an ad that starts with "I know a thing or two about winning". He constants references himself as a champion and he is. But let's not forget he was picked off the scrap heap after he was cut by a bad Bengals team. He was a role player on a great team and he acts like he's Derek Jeter.

Last edited by DaveinMtAiry; 09-14-2018 at 03:20 PM..

Old 09-17-2018, 01:53 PM

Attendance was something like 57,000 for the home opener. I noticed on TV that the stands were empty. Even after a great performance from the week before, fans didn't come out for the game. And, the weather was perfect, unlike what it was down here in NC.

I'm wagering how many fans next week will be Green Bay Packers fans.

Old 09-18-2018, 03:18 AM

16,278 posts, read 10,414,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
Attendance was something like 57,000 for the home opener. I noticed on TV that the stands were empty. Even after a great performance from the week before, fans didn't come out for the game. And, the weather was perfect, unlike what it was down here in NC.

Yeah that was talked about a lot. I think that is a very important signal to Dan that the fans have had enough. The Kirk thing is something I'll never get over. I still watch, I've missed 1 1/2 games in over 40 years, but I've lost all passion. That game told me my optimism was not warranted. I see 5-11 for sure now. When you are incapable of overcoming a 2 score lead early in the 4th quarter you have no chance of success.

Old 09-18-2018, 07:57 AM

14,323 posts, read 14,620,586 times
Good morning guys! It is Packer week, are you excited? I am, definitely want to put Week 2 in the rear view mirror! Such a strange game with the Vikings!

I think Cousins looked better than Packers expected. A tie though, either team should have won it, there were any number of mistakes. I want Packers to win the division, of course, but a competitive division is good. Vikings found their QB and they are close to a complete team.

Here's to a good game, and no strange ref calls! Good luck!

Old 09-18-2018, 08:18 AM

6,405 posts, read 8,987,536 times
Quote:

The attendance at the Redskins game was discussed on a radio show I was listening to yesterday. If I heard correctly it was the first game not to sell out since '67. That's an impressive stat if true.

Old 09-18-2018, 10:14 AM

17,586 posts, read 15,259,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
The attendance at the Redskins game was discussed on a radio show I was listening to yesterday. If I heard correctly it was the first game not to sell out since '67. That's an impressive stat if true.

Redskins have fudged the attendance for quite some time, moreso since Dan has been owner.

Sellouts and the "waiting list" for season tickets have been BS basically since the move to FedExField.

https://deadspin.com/the-sad-history...tin-1826841550

The first real cracks in the screen for people outside of DC was back in the great recession when Snyder started suing people who couldn't afford to renew. If you had a 200k person waiting list, why are you suing these people who fell into financial hardship?

Old 09-18-2018, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Good morning guys! It is Packer week, are you excited? I am, definitely want to put Week 2 in the rear view mirror! Such a strange game with the Vikings!

I think Cousins looked better than Packers expected. A tie though, either team should have won it, there were any number of mistakes. I want Packers to win the division, of course, but a competitive division is good. Vikings found their QB and they are close to a complete team.

Here's to a good game, and no strange ref calls! Good luck!
Hey Susan! I actually thought of you when I was watching the end of the Packers/Vikes game. Part of me wanted Cousins to play well, the other part of me didn't. I was very surprised this game ended in a tie, and it just further makes me dislike ties in the NFL. I think the teams should play until someone wins the game, period.

If you guys get the same Redskins team that I watched this weekend, Rodgers will have a field day.

Old 09-18-2018, 11:13 AM

17,586 posts, read 15,259,939 times
Quote:
Hey Susan! I actually thought of you when I was watching the end of the Packers/Vikes game. Part of me wanted Cousins to play well, the other part of me didn't. I was very surprised this game ended in a tie, and it just further makes me dislike ties in the NFL. I think the teams should play until someone wins the game, period.

My opinion, they should go to a college style OT. The changes guaranteeing both teams have possession in OT, unless a TD is scored are an improvement over the straight out sudden death.. But.. I like the idea of putting the ball on the 25 and each team gets a possession.. And that after 2 OTs they're forced to go for 2.

I like that idea better than just unlimited OTs in the current setup because.. Imagine a team with a short week, if you were doing something like a 'normal' OT with no limit to the number of OTs.. They play a double or triple OT game and then have to turn around and play on Thursday or something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football