Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2018, 11:10 PM

17,380 posts, read 14,911,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Are you kidding me? "No Foot Access"? Whoa, sounds crazy? Where would the Packers be without foot traffic? I realize totally different situation as Lambeau is in a residential area but still strange.

Owners do tend to shoot themselves in the foot when they don't realize it is the small $ fans that got them off the ground in the first place.

Here's hoping to a good game today, no ridiculous penalties but hard fought! Enjoy!

Atlanta tried the same thing a few years ago... https://deadspin.com/the-atlanta-bra...dan-1783149400

More classiness from Snyder.. https://deadspin.com/never-forget-da...-sk-1828976458

I mean, those are just the low hanging fruit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
Never know what to expect week to week. Only thing for sure is, next week, the 'skins won't lose. They have a bye week, lol! I have to say, it feels a lot better going into the bye week 2-1 as opposed to 1-2. Got the Saints coming out of the break. That will be a tough game.

Tell me about it. It all hinges on the running game. Smith hasn't done a great job at QB this year, but.. as it has been for the past several years.. If they can establish a run game.. They do quite well. And.. I said signing AP was good just from an experience standpoint. Lord.. The man still has it. He moves more than rookie RBs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Enjoyable game to watch as a Skins fan for many years that I lived in the area, 1974-2005. Fond memories of Sonny vs Billy, the Hogs, Joe Theisman and his restaurant in Falls Church, Coach Gibbs, Jack Kent Cooke, et al. Lots of memories.... The team and the fans deserve a great year.

A win is a win.. Concerns.. Are still there. Love me some Vernon Davis. He's another one that still has it. But.. Doctson.. If he's just there to get PI calls, ok.. But I'd prefer he actually catch some balls. Decent game from Crowder.. Richardson broke another one.. But.. WRs are MIA for the most part.

I find it quite interesting that Perine was inactive. Thinking they wanted to see what Bibbs did in a real game situation. He wasn't out there much, didn't do much.. But I think it speaks volumes as to what the coaching staff thinks of Perine that he was inactive this week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2018, 05:45 AM

16,086 posts, read 10,242,517 times
I never saw this game as a win and I'm very happy about it. But I also understand it was a gift. So many Packers penalties and huge huge dropped passes. Grudog got conservative again and somehow believed scoring 3 second half points is ok. They still can't stop the run, I have no idea what has happened to Zach Brown and Ryan Kerrigan but they were 2 of the better players on this team last year.

I'm certainly glad the call didn't hurt the Pack as the Redskins' drive died after it was made but there are no words to describe the roughing the passer penalty on Clay Mathews. WTF is he supposed to do? I hope there is the appropriate outrage so the league will fix this huge problem.

Old 09-24-2018, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
I'm certainly glad the call didn't hurt the Pack as the Redskins' drive died after it was made but there are no words to describe the roughing the passer penalty on Clay Mathews. WTF is he supposed to do? I hope there is the appropriate outrage so the league will fix this huge problem.

First time I saw it, real time, I thought that he drove him into the ground. But replays.. Play looked clean.

Old 09-24-2018, 12:56 PM

13,608 posts, read 20,659,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
First time I saw it, real time, I thought that he drove him into the ground. But replays.. Play looked clean.
It was. But it was neither the first nor the last BS call of the season and it did not actually help the Skins at all.

It might have been a watershed moment as it exemplifies what the NFL would like and what is actually possible.

Old 09-24-2018, 01:09 PM

I should mention.. Previously I talked about Bibbs being active.. Bibbs has been active every game.. I mixed him and Cobbs up. Too many B's in the names apparently. I was thinking they had brought Cobbs from the practice squad when Fat Rob was put on IR.

Old 09-24-2018, 01:53 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,318,804 times
Does anyone have a link of the Payne hit on Rodgers that was a no call?

I missed the game and see people are talking about that play but can’t actually find it...

Old 09-24-2018, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
Does anyone have a link of the Payne hit on Rodgers that was a no call?

I missed the game and see people are talking about that play but can’t actually find it...
I do not but I was concerned at the time it was a penalty, then after the Mathews call Pack fans have every right to wonder what on Earth is going on.

Old 09-24-2018, 06:07 PM

5,915 posts, read 6,397,511 times
I don't think there should've been a call on any of the QB hits, whether Matthew's hit, Payne's, or whoever else. It's getting to where the complaints will happen anytime a QB gets hit at all. The NFL seriously needs to revise this ruling.

Old 09-24-2018, 08:44 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,568,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
I don't think there should've been a call on any of the QB hits, whether Matthew's hit, Payne's, or whoever else. It's getting to where the complaints will happen anytime a QB gets hit at all. The NFL seriously needs to revise this ruling.
Agreed. I understand that concussions have been a problem, and is what spawned these excessive flags, but to make every other tackle on a QB a continuously questionable "roughing the passer" penalty is being waaay over-protective. Review & revise ASAP.

Old 09-25-2018, 08:13 AM

Oh I'm not saying Payne's was a penalty, just that it was a Hell of a lot worse than what Mathews did. But again there is not a specific rule in place about it as there is now regarding falling on a QB.

Is there any discussion inside the league about looking into this:? I mean this is crazy. Every game is halted with constant flags now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football