Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2012, 03:59 PM

2,222 posts, read 3,599,312 times

Advertisements

I should know better ... I've been in this situation before, Skins look great in the first three weeks then rip my heart out ... I know I shouldn't say this but I can't help it:

GUYS, WE FOUND OUR QUARTERBACK !!

I would say RGIII looked like a stud out there, but honestly that would be selling him short. When was the last time the Skins put up 40 in a game? I can't even remember.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2012, 04:03 PM

27,167 posts, read 43,857,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Sure was.

pretty bad job by the officials today, and yet the Redskins still went into the saints dome on opening day with a rookie qb and beat 'em.

RG3 19/26, 300 yards, 2 touhdowns. QB rating 145.

can't WAIT to see all the sports talk shows tomorrow. RG3 is the hottest, #1 player in the league right now. He'll be the #1 topic or discussion nationwide.
I think it's great that your rookie QB did well on his opening day but would caution against getting too carried away given the fact the Saints despite all their bumbling put up 32 points against the Redskins defense, despite Brees throwing three interceptions and the Saints committing 12 penalties for over 100 yards. The excessive ESPN hype will probably stay in gear until the next team the Skins play gets a handle on their offensive scheme, a la Michael Vick a few years ago. In other words, enjoy today!

Old 09-09-2012, 04:10 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,126,539 times
Very nice game today for the Skins. Well done.

Old 09-09-2012, 04:15 PM

19,743 posts, read 22,635,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnbiggs View Post
I should know better ... I've been in this situation before, Skins look great in the first three weeks then rip my heart out ... I know I shouldn't say this but I can't help it:

I would say RGIII looked like a stud out there, but honestly that would be selling him short. When was the last time the Skins put up 40 in a game? I can't even remember.
Man don't SAY that!! You wanna jinx it again this year?!

It was good to see the skins post up some scores against a team like the Saints. I've been a skins fan all of my life, and I'm waiting for them to field another NFC east contender.

My hopes are not UP with a rookie quarterback- and that's all I'm saying

Old 09-09-2012, 04:18 PM

1,216 posts, read 1,082,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post

My hopes are not UP with a rookie quarterback- and that's all I'm saying
Ya gotta be pretty darn excited though.

Old 09-09-2012, 04:24 PM

5,922 posts, read 6,462,224 times
RGIII and company put up 40 points against a good Saints defense without Garcon for three quarters of the game. That's with a second year WR who was on the practice squad last year, and a rookie RB. If everyone on offense stays relatively healthy, beware Redskins opponents.

Old 09-09-2012, 04:36 PM

927 posts, read 1,389,806 times
The poise, the intelligent decisions, the running ability, everything about RG3 was absolutely impressive. For someone playing in their first NFL game against an early season contender Griffin looked like a total veteran. Poise is the operative word here when describing RG3's demeanor. I'll say it also, the Redskins finally have a quarterback! Hats off also goes to the defense today. They were after Brees for much of the game and the secondary was exceptional. Kudos go to the Shanihans for a brilliantly called game. I want more of this all season!

Old 09-09-2012, 05:53 PM

2,366 posts, read 2,638,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
I think it's great that your rookie QB did well on his opening day but would caution against getting too carried away given the fact the Saints despite all their bumbling put up 32 points against the Redskins defense, despite Brees throwing three interceptions and the Saints committing 12 penalties for over 100 yards. The excessive ESPN hype will probably stay in gear until the next team the Skins play gets a handle on their offensive scheme, a la Michael Vick a few years ago. In other words, enjoy today!
The game was no where near as close as the score indicated. Redskins had their way with the Saints right from the start. One of the touchdowns by the Saints was the result of a blocked punt and another by a poor decision on S Madieu Williams which gave the Saints an easy touchdown in the redzone.

Old 09-09-2012, 10:56 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,106,572 times

Old 09-10-2012, 08:40 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnbiggs View Post

Oh, it has been awhile since they have really looked this good: I think we can go back to the 1980s. I told my hubby they could be another Cowboys of the 90s. All young, newly drafted players with skill and heart. I know, it is sickning to compare them with the Cowgirls ever, but they do remind of those early Troy days. May we all celebrate if and when they make the playoffs and may those on this forum who say they will finish last in their division eat CROW!!!!!

those who are saying, it is just the first game: of course it is, but anyone who is thinking the game was a fluke needs to tell us that again in say, 6 or 8 weeks...Maybe, maybe not...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football