Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2016, 08:22 PM

96 posts, read 105,296 times

Advertisements

Pettine needed to go. He was supposed to be a defensive coach and look how that turned out. Glad they fired Farmer too...look at all the bums he drafted. Gilbert, Mingo, and Erving are all busts. I don't know about drafting a qb this year. There aren't any qb's on the college level that overly impress me...but then again Johnny's off-field issues don't either. Ughhh..here's to another 3 years of rebuilding....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2016, 09:17 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,249,317 times
Give it a few years, guys. The Browns will be back to a 4 win season in no time.

Old 01-04-2016, 06:18 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,983,133 times
Can we please petition the NFL to intervene!!!!! This owner apparently doesn't have a clue! You're going to hire the coach, prior to the GM???? Really Mr. Haslam?!!! Here is the thing, for the sake of continuity and aside from a few changes on the coaching staff like getting rid of the defensive coordinator, I would have been OK with giving Pettine another shot, as well as holding on to the offensive coordinator! Oh well! So here we are, again starting from scratch! Meanwhile, to add insult to injury, the Jets s****ng the bed yesterday put the Steelers into the playoffs! You watch folks, they will end up in the damn Super Bowl! On top of it our stadium was taken over with a bunch of their fans, who got to celebrate it and rub it in our faces! I would hope that the sight of having a bunch of rival fans in your own house who not only beat your team, but is celebrating a spot in the playoffs would infuriate Mr. Haslam! I know that I certainly would be embarassed!!! Hell, I AM EMBARRASSED, and I'm just a fan!

As for Manziel! I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, and thought maybe that despite some of his off the field antics, that he could be our QB, and that he could get a lid on his issues. But after this latest debacle of videos of him in Vegas over the weekend, and now being MIA, they need to kick this POS to the curb! So, let me get this straight Johnny Night Club???? You're too hurt to play on Sunday, whining about a concussion, but you have no issue hopping a flight to Vegas to party prior to Sunday's game??? GET THE HELL OUT OF MY CITY YOU ENTITLED POS!!!! He, Justin Gilbert, and Dwayne Bowe all deserve to be bagging groceries at Giant Eagle! You fools are NOT worthy of being in the NFL, nor are you worthy of representing a franchise like the Cleveland Browns, in which you've contributed to making a mockery of what was once a great football tradition!

Old 01-04-2016, 06:34 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,614,129 times
Well said no1brownsfan.

Old 01-04-2016, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
Well said no1brownsfan.

Hey man, I realize that in the end, it's just a game, and life goes on. Having said that, the Browns were a big part of my life growing up, and in all my life I have never seen such ineptitude, and anything as bizzare as this! It's almost as if this is being done on purpose, because NOBODY is this bad FOR THIS LONG! The fans of this team, namely the season ticket holders absolutely need to do do something about this and hit this owner where it hurts.... in his wallet! I realize that a lot of fans are scared that lack of support will get the team moved again, and I've heard some say that having bad football is better than no football, but does anyone honestly think that is going to happen, or that the NFL would allow it to happen again? Come on folks! We've seen that movie before! It ain't gonna happen! Take a stand, and stop lining this guys pockets with your hard earned money, until this team proves itself!

Old 01-04-2016, 06:56 AM

7,593 posts, read 6,081,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Hey man, I realize that in the end, it's just a game, and life goes on. Having said that, the Browns were a big part of my life growing up, and in all my life I have never seen such ineptitude, and anything as bizzare as this! It's almost as if this is being done on purpose, because NOBODY is this bad FOR THIS LONG! The fans of this team, namely the season ticket holders absolutely need to do do something about this and hit this owner where it hurts.... in his wallet! I realize that a lot of fans are scared that lack of support will get the team moved again, and I've heard some say that having bad football is better than no football, but does anyone honestly think that is going to happen, or that the NFL would allow it to happen again? Come on folks! We've seen that movie before! It ain't gonna happen! Take a stand, and stop lining this guys pockets with your hard earned money, until this team proves itself!
Hey, it is a game but it is a business too. Being a Dolphin fan, I relate to ownership who does not understand the game, and in Miami, does not care.
But the thing is, while I am not a Browns fan, the Browns are football. There is a tradition that exists in the NFL and it is hard to imagine that core of what the NFL is without including the Browns right at the center.

Browns fans deserve better. NFL Fans deserve better.

As for the Johnny Drama Manziel, let him walk. Let him go to Dallas where they appreciate a circus atmosphere. Few teams in the league would have ever touched him anyway.

As for the business aspect, look at the Evil Patriots and learn. They made a business plan years ago and they stick to it. They have accountability, and they have long term planning, and they win year after year as a result. Teams like the Browns, the Dolphins, the Buccaneers, have no long term plan, they try every year to start over and in the NFL, that does not work.

The Browns will be good again, hopefully. Until then, all I can suggest, is win that Powerball Wednesday night and buy the team out.

I can relate to what you are saying. Football IS American and part of the American lifestyle. And it is no fun being disappointed year after year. Trust me, I know. I am a Dolphins fan.

Old 01-04-2016, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
Hey, it is a game but it is a business too. Being a Dolphin fan, I relate to ownership who does not understand the game, and in Miami, does not care.
But the thing is, while I am not a Browns fan, the Browns are football. There is a tradition that exists in the NFL and it is hard to imagine that core of what the NFL is without including the Browns right at the center.

Browns fans deserve better. NFL Fans deserve better.

As for the Johnny Drama Manziel, let him walk. Let him go to Dallas where they appreciate a circus atmosphere. Few teams in the league would have ever touched him anyway.

As for the business aspect, look at the Evil Patriots and learn. They made a business plan years ago and they stick to it. They have accountability, and they have long term planning, and they win year after year as a result. Teams like the Browns, the Dolphins, the Buccaneers, have no long term plan, they try every year to start over and in the NFL, that does not work.

The Browns will be good again, hopefully. Until then, all I can suggest, is win that Powerball Wednesday night and buy the team out.

I can relate to what you are saying. Football IS American and part of the American lifestyle. And it is no fun being disappointed year after year. Trust me, I know. I am a Dolphins fan.

Hey KingCat... The Dolphins are ALSO football and have quite a tradition as well! Don Shula, Larry Czonka, The No Name Defense, The Marks Brothers, Duper and Clayton, and of course Dan Marino. I have always had a soft spot for Miami, and maybe it was because I had a great uncle that lived down there (he was from up here) and the many Florida trips I took as a kid probably figured into that too. Plus, Don Shula is a Cleveland guy, and got his career started in the NFL as a member of the Cleveland Browns. So, you guys also deserve better. With all of the transplants though, it has to be frustrating to see your home stadium almost turn into a home game for the other team. It's frustrating here too, because with the proximity of Pittsburgh from Cleveland, not to mention a bunch of homegrown Steelers fans (front runners IMO), there are times it has looked like a home game for them as well! In Miami, I kind of understand that, because of the transplants! In a place like Cleveland, it should be unacceptable! There should be no reason why our stadium should be overrun by fans of the rival team, and again I would hope that the owner would take notice of this, and would be furious about it!

Old 01-04-2016, 07:49 AM

1,769 posts, read 1,689,358 times
Here is the latest on Manziel from Rotoworld:

ESPN Cleveland's Bruce Hooley was told by colleague Tony Grossi that Johnny Manziel showed up to the Browns' facility "disheveled and inebriated" earlier in the week.

Grossi didn't report it at the time, so this has been passed by word of mouth, but it wouldn't be out of character for Manziel. The 23-year-old quarterback has long been a partier and drinker, which is fine, but when it starts interfering with work it becomes a problem. And that's what's been happening with Manziel. He was later spotted in Vegas over the weekend, and went AWOL from the team on Sunday morning by not showing up for a 9 AM meeting with the team medic. Sunday morning meetings are standard for all players with concussions, and Manziel suffered one last week and entered the league's protocol Wednesday. It's becoming clear that Manziel isn't long for Cleveland and may be working himself out of the NFL altogether. Jan 4 - 1:26 AM
Source: Bruce Hooley on Twitter

Old 01-04-2016, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jardine8 View Post
Here is the latest on Manziel from Rotoworld:

ESPN Cleveland's Bruce Hooley was told by colleague Tony Grossi that Johnny Manziel showed up to the Browns' facility "disheveled and inebriated" earlier in the week.

Grossi didn't report it at the time, so this has been passed by word of mouth, but it wouldn't be out of character for Manziel. The 23-year-old quarterback has long been a partier and drinker, which is fine, but when it starts interfering with work it becomes a problem. And that's what's been happening with Manziel. He was later spotted in Vegas over the weekend, and went AWOL from the team on Sunday morning by not showing up for a 9 AM meeting with the team medic. Sunday morning meetings are standard for all players with concussions, and Manziel suffered one last week and entered the league's protocol Wednesday. It's becoming clear that Manziel isn't long for Cleveland and may be working himself out of the NFL altogether. Jan 4 - 1:26 AM
Source: Bruce Hooley on Twitter

I hope for his sake he has saved up some of those millions that he has already made, because with the way he is going he may at best end up in the Arena League! My neighbor who IMO is a front runner, is a huge Manziel fan, and thinks that Manziel is too good for Cleveland, and hopes he goes elsewhere! The other day he was like "God I would hope that I don't have to cheer for Dallas!" This guy mind you, claims he is a Browns fan, because he is from Cleveland, yet constantly bashes them, cheers against them, and then claims the Cavs are his team! I mean, that is all well and good, but if we're comparing notes, at least the Browns have won titles, as have the Indians... The Cavs still haven't won anything yet. Meanwhile, you heard nothing from my neighbor about the Cavs when Lebron was gone!

At any rate... Johnny, too good for Cleveland???? More like we're too good for Johnny, and deserve much better as fans, then some entitled punk, who has been coddled all of his life!

Old 01-04-2016, 08:23 AM

1,769 posts, read 1,689,358 times
The red flags were there for Manziel at least as far back as July of 2013 when he was kicked out of the Manning Passing Academy by Archie Manning. Manziel was reportedly late for almost every camp meeting and the last straw was when he "overslept" one morning and was late for a session.

Archie Manning knew from friends that Manziel had been spotted on Bourbon Street in New Orleans (which is an hour from site of the Passing Academy) as late as 4AM that morning and gave Manziel an opportunity to come clean and tell the truth. Manziel instead decided to lie to both Archie Manning and his parents and claim that he just overslept. Archie decided that he needed to leave.

You would think the embarrassment of being kicked out of their Passing Academy by the Mannings would be embarrassment enough and that Manziel would go home and keep a low profile. Instead, Manziel was back out on Bourbon Street again later on that night, the same day that Archie told him to leave. The warning signs were there long before he was a 1st round draft pick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football