Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: who will have the better record?
the jets 15 31.91%
the packers 28 59.57%
they will have the same record 4 8.51%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 07:49 AM

3,047 posts, read 9,031,232 times

Advertisements

So far so good is right!

and i was very happy to see the overrated vikings go down once again.

just remember when it comes to the Vikings, there are 2 facts to always remember:

1) They have the worst QB in the NFL

2) They routinely have the worst pass defense in the NFL

It will be a good test for Green Bay's defense next week when they take on a capable QB in Jon Kitna with elite WR's like Roy Williams and Calvin Johnson (could be the best WR in the league). of course the lions don't have a defense so that will influence the result of the game.

but rodgers looked great...but every QB who plays that poor viking secondary looks great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2008, 09:59 AM

1,240 posts, read 2,238,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At1WithNature View Post
So far so good is right!

just remember when it comes to the Vikings, there are 2 facts to always remember:

It will be a good test for Green Bay's defense next week when they take on a capable QB in Jon Kitna with elite WR's like Roy Williams and Calvin Johnson (could be the best WR in the league). of course the lions don't have a defense so that will influence the result of the game.

but rodgers looked great...but every QB who plays that poor viking secondary looks great.

Oddly enough, I agree with your entire post.
Jackson is awful and the Viking pass defense is a joke. We'll take it and move to week 2.
Kitna can look like Steve Young one week and then like Rex Grossman (oops, sorry) the next. Just a little inter-division ribbing. Orton looked pretty solid by the way. So depending on which John Kitna shows up on Sunday will have a lot to do with the Pack going 2-0 to start. Every year we hear how much improved the Lions are, and every year, the same old Lions. So it should be interesting.
I look for your Bears to be 2-0 after their trip to Carolina. As much as I don't like the Bears, I found myself rooting for them (under my breath of
course) against the Colts. I was glad to see the Colts get beat.

Hey At1, we actually made it through an entire exchange without mentioning the "F" word once! I was sort of happy (in a wierd way) to see him get the Jets off on a good note. With Brady down now (the Pats are still very tough) there will be even more excitement and expectations for the Jets (and Bills) that they might have a shot at that division. Should be fun to watch.

Have fun with the season, and we'll see you on the 16th of November!

Old 09-12-2008, 03:55 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,919,325 times
Favre got so lucky that Brady is out for the season.

That said, I still can't see the Jets winning the AFC East.

Old 09-12-2008, 04:17 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,289,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At1WithNature View Post
So far so good is right!

Calvin Johnson one of the best WR's in the League? Seriously? Not even the best WR on his team not even close in the division.

All Rodgers has to do is manage the game like he did last time. Maybe he doesn't throw more TD's than Favre but he will also throw less INT's.

Old 09-14-2008, 10:40 PM

A-Rod is a much better QB than B-Fav so far this year.

Old 09-14-2008, 11:55 PM

1,920 posts, read 2,779,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
A-Rod is a much better QB than B-Fav so far this year.
when you guys play the Pats, a defensive monster of the NFL and WIN then you can talk.

AR did his job well however.

Old 09-14-2008, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sberdrow View Post
when you guys play the Pats, a defensive monster of the NFL and WIN then you can talk.

AR did his job well however.
My team already beat the Patriots in the Perfect Upset!

Go Giants!!

Old 09-15-2008, 12:00 AM

1,920 posts, read 2,779,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
My team already beat the Patriots in the Perfect Upset!

Go Giants!!
Yes you did....and its startin to look like you guys are for real

Old 09-15-2008, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sberdrow View Post
Yes you did....and its startin to look like you guys are for real
Osi who? Strahan what? LOL ... I just hope you didn't jinx the Giants.

* Knocking on wood!! *

Old 09-16-2008, 07:17 AM

3,047 posts, read 9,031,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
Calvin Johnson one of the best WR's in the League? Seriously? Not even the best WR on his team not even close in the division.

All Rodgers has to do is manage the game like he did last time. Maybe he doesn't throw more TD's than Favre but he will also throw less INT's.
If you don't realize how good Calvin Johnson is, then you are stuck in the past. The man is a BEAST and he proves it every Sunday. He shredded the packers so I don't know why you are denying Calvin Johnson's greatness. What did he have, another 100 yard outing and 2 TD's?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/statis...on=2&year=2008

Calvin Johnson is 2nd in the NFL in receiving yards and he is just getting started...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football