Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2010, 05:50 AM

1,895 posts, read 3,414,676 times

Advertisements

one reason why Wade Phillips just doesn't make sense as a Head Coach.

Last weeks game, there was a penalty over a "Celebration", where Columbo chest bumped another player and fell to the ground...while i don't believe it should have been a penalty, i also don't believe a "Celebration" was called for seeing how they were playing like $h!t.

after that game, Wade Phillips was asked by a reporter, "Shouldn't your players be celebrating only after a win at this point?", and Wade Phillips response was, "Every team in football celebrates after scoring, it's an emotional sport, and you want your players celebrating." Wade Phillips went back and forth with this reporter, not backing down with this claim.

fast forward to last night, after the game...

Wade Phillips was asked again about the "Celebration" penalty...and what was his answer?? that's right folks, "We shouldn't be celebrating utill we win a game, period."

**now, if that's what he thinks, why in the hell didn't he preach that after last weeks game??

UNACCEPTABLE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2010, 10:10 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,858,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
I'm a member of cowboyszone.com. I also read other blogs about the Cowboys. It's great to see that the Cowboy fans are now seeing what the real problem is and it's Jerry Jones. The fanbase is starting to turn on him and that's good news. I hope Jerry is enjoying this. He made this bed.
There is and has always been a large contigent of Cowboys fans that have never liked Jerry Jones from Day 1. I'm one of them. Jerry Jones is the problem w/ this team and always has been. It will not change until the day he is GONE from the organization. Whenever that may be........

Old 10-18-2010, 11:47 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,034,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
This week's result: Cowboys lose to the Vikings 24-21

2010 Record: (1-4)

..... someone's gettin fired.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TT Dave View Post
It's official...we suck!! JJ definitely needs to clean house. I wish he would fire himself and hire a real GM but that aint gonna ever happen...lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmHeP9Sve48

November 7th: Dallas @ Green Beigh

Old 10-18-2010, 11:53 AM

22,378 posts, read 38,888,203 times
Americas Team? Maybe this year is better stated their record feels like "Americas Economy"

Old 10-19-2010, 04:39 PM

20,514 posts, read 33,513,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
Americas Team? Maybe this year is better stated their record feels like "Americas Economy"
They deserve every bit of flack, criticism, and hilarious comments they get.

Old 10-19-2010, 04:58 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,891,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
They deserve every bit of flack, criticism, and hilarious comments they get.
Sad to say, but I actually agree.

And the fact that TCU and the Rangers doin' VERY well and taking some of the spotlight should add on to it....

Old 10-19-2010, 06:05 PM

3,135 posts, read 3,779,241 times
Quote:
Sad to say, but I actually agree.

And the fact that TCU and the Rangers doin' VERY well and taking some of the spotlight should add on to it....

True that In a year that has the potential to be one of our worse in years, TCU and the Rangers are a breath of fresh air

Old 10-19-2010, 06:46 PM

3,390 posts, read 4,948,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
There is and has always been a large contigent of Cowboys fans that have never liked Jerry Jones from Day 1. I'm one of them. Jerry Jones is the problem w/ this team and always has been. It will not change until the day he is GONE from the organization. Whenever that may be........

He wouldn't have to be gone if he'd let his uber large ego take the hit and resign himself as GM and let a real coach do their job, but I realize that he is incapable of that so he probably needs to go. Sad really, because he is responsible for the JJ hire, which netted the Cowboys a couple of Superbowl rings in the mid 90s.

I'm not a Cowboy fan, I like the Miami Dolphins and always have. But, I don't hate the Cowboys either and I root for them to win unless they're playing the Dolphins.

It's pathetic how talented that team is and how they are a shambles right now, and I'm not rubbing it in. So much talent and nothing to show for it.

I would have liked to see them be the first home team in the Superbowl this year, playing (perhaps?) the Dolphins. The Dolphins have at least an outside chance of going there; the Cowboys, not so much.

Old 10-19-2010, 10:12 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,891,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdomcome1 View Post
True that In a year that has the potential to be one of our worse in years, TCU and the Rangers are a breath of fresh air
Yeah... BTW, that's now a 3-1 lead over the Yankees.

Old 10-19-2010, 10:31 PM

3,135 posts, read 3,779,241 times
Quote:
Yeah... BTW, that's now a 3-1 lead over the Yankees.

AMEN to that!!! I'm lovin' it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football