Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2011, 01:14 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal794 View Post
After yesterday's game, I'm a little scared for the rest of the season. Winning by only one point, with 3 seconds on the clock, to the Miami Dolphins of all people.
It's not only the defense, but also the offense that needs to pick things up a little if we wanna go further.
Oh well, at least we won.
But you can't keep saying that because at some point all of those 1 point late FG wins are going to catch up with them. Sometimes a WIN is not a WIN no matter what the record says.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2011, 02:13 PM

3,390 posts, read 4,948,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
But you can't keep saying that because at some point all of those 1 point late FG wins are going to catch up with them. Sometimes a WIN is not a WIN no matter what the record says.
Dolphins should have won that game, but couldn't find the end zone if it was two inches away. When a team makes it down in scoring range 5 times and comes away with four field goals, they're probably going to lose. The cowboys are really lucky the dolphins reverted to their old selves on their last drive and turned all conservative and withdrew into their shell because the game would have been over if they had tried to get a first down or two.

Old 11-25-2011, 02:25 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzpost View Post
Dolphins should have won that game, but couldn't find the end zone if it was two inches away. When a team makes it down in scoring range 5 times and comes away with four field goals, they're probably going to lose. The cowboys are really lucky the dolphins reverted to their old selves on their last drive and turned all conservative and withdrew into their shell because the game would have been over if they had tried to get a first down or two.
I agree, they stole 2 games in a row.

Old 11-25-2011, 10:35 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,891,217 times
Look, a win is a win.

This ain't college where style-points mean the world. Had the same convo today on ESPN 103.3 with Galloway and Company (damn, it's good to be home).

I hate the way that defense looks, but I see more confidence with this year's team.

Old 11-26-2011, 01:26 PM

8,746 posts, read 9,029,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
I hate the way that defense looks, but I see more confidence with this year's team.
I agree, this is not the same team we had before Garrett took over. There's still some work to be done but there's been improvement in some areas this year, including playing with more confidence. Just look at the way that Robinson has stepped up in Austin's absence for example. Bryant and Murray have been doing well, even Romo has elevated his play somewhat. There are some good things going on with this team and they don't seem to give up when they make mistakes or fall behind like they used to. A confident team is always going to perform better so that's a huge difference IMO.

Old 11-27-2011, 01:53 AM

185 posts, read 511,846 times
I'm hoping that we will be able to continue winning while @Arizona...I think the key lies with both the offense and the defense.

Old 11-27-2011, 04:22 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,099,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
The last 3 weeks they have been HYPING up the cowboys. The Cowboys haven't lost since that Sunday night game against the Eagles.
This^^^^^^

To hear people like Hugh Douglas tell it the Cowboys were going to destroy the Dolphins in that game. I remember the ESPN pregame anchors before that Dolphins/Cowboys were on the Cowboys hype train hard. Hugh Douglas in particular was on the shaft like a cheap hooker.

Old 11-28-2011, 07:37 AM

1,895 posts, read 3,414,676 times
all my points have been covered but one...PENALTIES.

The Cowboys look good to get in the playoffs, but to WIN in the playoffs, they must play smarter. I'm not sure what's going on with all the false starts, but they are drive killers!! Can't win in the playoffs like that...i hope in the remaining weeks, we can clean up our play and start building leads in the 1st half...

Old 11-28-2011, 07:41 AM

10 posts, read 18,440 times
The Cowgirls WOULD have a chance IF they would utilize the key players to their potential. EVERY time the go the the play offs they LOSE!!! I'm tired of the kicker winning games for them? When the hell did football become all about a fg? I AM NOT A FAN!!! ugh... I'm really sorry that you believe that they are going all the way, or even have a chance.

Old 11-28-2011, 07:46 AM

1,895 posts, read 3,414,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSunShine2011 View Post
I'm really sorry that you believe that they are going all the way, or even have a chance.
ummm...read much? not sure who you're referring to, but there's absolutely NO talk of the COWBOYS going all the way.

and please, try being a little more original..."cowgirls" is over used.

one more thing, Bailey is a field goal kicking machine, and there shouldn't be any criticism hurled his way.

es todo...thanks for the playing!

Last edited by rugerjitsu; 11-28-2011 at 07:56 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football