Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2013, 05:47 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,644,254 times

Advertisements

It does seem the only way the Cowboys can win Sunday is via a 45-42 shootout. I don't like Romo's chances trying to out throw Peyton.. which brings me back to WHY did the Cowboys not make a play for Peyton last off-season? WHY?!

I will tell you why, because Jerry wont admit that Romo just MAY not be the QB that he wants him to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2013, 06:38 AM

14,311 posts, read 14,569,094 times
I don't think Peyton would have been interested in Dallas, unless it was his only choice. I can't see him wanting to be around a control freak owner who thinks he knows more than his coaches. Cowboys main problem is Jerry Jones.

Old 10-03-2013, 06:42 AM

320 posts, read 537,580 times
Quote:
It does seem the only way the Cowboys can win Sunday is via a 45-42 shootout. I don't like Romo's chances trying to out throw Peyton.. which brings me back to WHY did the Cowboys not make a play for Peyton last off-season? WHY?!

I will tell you why, because Jerry wont admit that Romo just MAY not be the QB that he wants him to be.
Nah....I can't agree with you on the Tony Romo front. He isn't the problem this year (or most years for that matter). Unless Tony has been sneaking in to play cornerback or free safety then I don't see how anyone can blame him for what's happening to this team. In 4 games he has 8 TD vs. 1 INT to go along with 72% completions. I'll take that any time as will about 26 other teams in the league right now.

The reason you say that Romo is going to need to beat Manning in a shootout is because you understand that if the Cowboys can't keep Danny Woodhead under raps then what the heck are they going to do with Manning, Eric Decker, Demarius Thomas and Wes Welker? Tony Romo can only play one position and he's doing that very well. The defense needs to step up--especially the secondary. I know it's easy to put the blame on the quarterback but Romo can't do everything for these guys. The defense is getting paid too and they need to start playing like it. When they do, you'll see a different Cowboys team.

Old 10-03-2013, 01:00 PM

I don't blame Tony Romo for the teams defeats this year.. but I do blame Jerry for not making a play for Peyton Manning. Regardless of how well Romo plays, Manning is a major upgrade. The Chiefs scored 17 points and beat us.. the Chargers scored 30. I think Manning wins at least one of those game regardless of the defense.. but i could be wrong.

Old 10-03-2013, 02:07 PM

4,300 posts, read 4,399,432 times
Peyton didn't want to come to Dallas because he is all about football. He knows Jerry is not. This lack of ethos at Valley Ranch is the very reason why - no matter what Head Coach (or any other coach) they hire, or whatever players they bring, or whatever schemes they decide to use - they will continue to be mediocre. Only when Dallas is sold and bought by someone who wants to own a football team - and not a multi-million dollar corporation - will there be change.

Old 10-04-2013, 05:57 AM

I do agree Peyton would have never come to Dallas but it would have been nice if the Cowboys had shown some interest.

Old 10-04-2013, 05:07 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,144,967 times
Run the ball and keep it out of Peyton's hands, unless you want your defense sucking and blowing for their lives.

As for hope of seeing another dynasty in Dallas, my hope is to outlive Jerry.

Old 10-06-2013, 05:51 PM

7,583 posts, read 6,051,038 times
Well, The Cowboys lost the Big Super Bowl Rematch today in a high scoring shootout BUT they showed their two weaknesses, Offensive line and coaching (Ownership maybe?)
THey can be good at times, but that Offensive line is offensive, and the defense took too many penalties. The coaches need to work on accurate play and clean execution of plays.

Old 10-06-2013, 05:56 PM

8,601 posts, read 14,821,213 times
What will Romo be remembered for? Being the only QB in Cowboys history to throw for 500+ yards in a game or throwing the game-losing pick with 2 minutes left?

Old 10-06-2013, 05:57 PM

8,601 posts, read 14,821,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
Well, The Cowboys lost the Big Super Bowl Rematch today in a high scoring shootout BUT they showed their two weaknesses, Offensive line and coaching (Ownership maybe?)
THey can be good at times, but that Offensive line is offensive, and the defense took too many penalties. The coaches need to work on accurate play and clean execution of plays.
Cowboys O-Line played very well today. Broncos pass rush was invisible. Romo had all day to throw. It was the first time this year that Denver's really missed Von Miller

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 10-08-2013 at 03:17 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football