Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2013, 03:03 PM

17,574 posts, read 45,971,621 times

Advertisements

Obviously it is only one game, but having the most first downs against in NFL history has to be a bit embarrassing for a defense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2013, 06:12 PM

17,574 posts, read 45,971,621 times
IRVING, Texas -- If the Dallas Cowboys want to stay atop the NFC East, they will have to do so without linebacker Sean Lee for the next three or four weeks, sources told ESPN.com.

Sean Lee will miss at least three weeks because of a hamstring injury, according to sources.
Lee suffered a pulled left hamstring in the second quarter of Sunday's 49-17 loss to the New Orleans Saints.

Lee, who underwent an MRI on Monday, said after the game that he knew the injury was "not good."

On the short end of the timetable, Lee could miss two games because the Cowboys have a bye this week. Dallas returns to the field on Nov. 24 against the New York Giants and plays the Oakland Raiders four days later on Thanksgiving. That could put Lee's return at Dec. 9 against the Chicago Bears.

Old 11-11-2013, 07:14 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,305,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TT Dave View Post
Reps to you! I agree! Talent has never been the issue. It's the organization of the team, which is led my an ego-maniacal owner who thinks he can coach as well as any coach in the league. It's a recipe for disaster and that's why we're seeing the on-going train wreck that the Cowboys have become. IMO, Jerry will never learn. As a Cowboys fan, it is certainly painful to watch because most of us know that the Cowboys could be so much better if Mr. Jones wasn't the meddling owner that he is.

As far as this week's game goes, when a team gives up over 600 yards it's fairly difficult to have a chance to win the game...lol. I know the Cowboys have had a lot of injuries on defense but that's just awful! When Ryan was with the Cowboys they had a lot of defensive injuries as well but they were at least competetive on defense in most of the games despite those injuries. I was hopeful that the changes with Kiffin would make a difference but it sure doesn't look like it's going to work out. However, I certainly agree that Jerry shouldn't have commented on that issue publicly.
Kiffin had a nice run in Tampa, but my God did that guy have some talent to work with. I'm not saying he's an amateur coach, but the players made that guy look better than he really is, IMO.

Old 11-11-2013, 07:18 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,305,381 times
As unthinkable as it was in about week five, the NY Giants could still take the division - and perhaps comfortably. Eli Manning has been an interception machine this year, but we all know how the Giants work: if they look competitive in the first 8 games expect them to flame out spectacularly in the home stretch. Conversely, if they look sub-par the first 8 games, they could easily come back and win a Super Bowl. It seems implausible but for all we know, this could be another deep run by the Big Blue Wrecking Crew. Philly's offense under Foles looks pretty good too, I'd add.

Old 11-12-2013, 06:18 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,626,600 times
The Cowboys will undoubtedly play better in NY, they could not play worse.

I still think the Giants are that good but obviously, neither are the Cowboys.
The next game could be one of those make it or break it type of games. If the Cowboys lose and fall out of 1st place in the East, they may not get back there...

The wheels could easily fall off this team.. if they have not already.

Old 11-12-2013, 11:22 AM

5,914 posts, read 6,395,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
As unthinkable as it was in about week five, the NY Giants could still take the division - and perhaps comfortably. Eli Manning has been an interception machine this year, but we all know how the Giants work: if they look competitive in the first 8 games expect them to flame out spectacularly in the home stretch. Conversely, if they look sub-par the first 8 games, they could easily come back and win a Super Bowl. It seems implausible but for all we know, this could be another deep run by the Big Blue Wrecking Crew. Philly's offense under Foles looks pretty good too, I'd add.
I would not be surprised at all if the Giants came back and won the division. I actually feel sorry for the team that does win the division. They'll probably get embarrassed in the playoffs.

Old 11-12-2013, 02:03 PM

The Giants have (at least recently) been a pretty good 2nd half time... as in 2nd half of the season. They certainly weren't as bad as they were playing and if they can get that Andre Brown RB going, they could make a lot of noise.

A home playoff game vs the 49ers/Panthers (most likely) would not be a treat for the div winner but a home playoff game, non the less is a home playoff game and anything can happen. Remember the 7-9 Seahawks beat the defending Super BOwl Champs Saints a few years back.. so anything can happen.

Old 11-14-2013, 12:20 PM

20,500 posts, read 33,308,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
I like Jason Garrett, and I get the feeling that on another team, he'd probably be capable of getting better results. But he's clearly falling into the category of another one of JJ's 'Sir, yes, sir," coaches, and I'm getting so fed up with it as a fan. It's just hard to take the Cowboys product seriously. It's one thing to go through a period of management transitions and decisions that just don't work out. What's happening with Dallas is completely a different story. It's a team that actually gets good talent, and it frequently also brings in good coaches. There's no reason Dallas shouldn't have played in at least one Super Bowl over the past five or six years, and one could easily argue that they've had the talent to play in more than just one. Their problem is that Jerry Jones wants to get credit for being a string puller and behind the scenes coach. The one guy who actually had the balls to tell him that he sucks at coaching, he fired...but not before winning two Super Bowls and putting them in a great position to win yet another after his departure.

And even when Jerry Jones knows he's wrong, he still refuses to step aside and let someone else actually run the team. When will the guy learn? Maybe Cowboys fans should stop paying money to fill his beloved stadium. Of course then he'd probably threaten to take the team to L.A.
He won't learn. He destroyed the talent and personality of the 90s team and he did the same with what Parcells was built after he left. That 2007 team was just an extension and hunger of Parcells and it all but fizzled in 2010. 2008, we dropped the ball because Jerry wanted to go get people like Tank Johnson and Pacman. Did we really need them? No. But Jerry wanted that splash. He is a world class joke and he knows it. He knows his resume would result in him being fired years ago if it was a competent organization. He knows this team is average. But he sucks us in with his optimism and this time, the Cowboy fans in Dallas are getting sick of it. People don't like spending money on mediocre businesses. So why do we continue to do it with this one? He mishandles draft picks and cap space. We pay players that do not warrant the type of contracts they get.

He knows he's running out of time though. Romo only has 3 more years and if he doesn't get a super bowl in those years, he may never get one. I don't think he's willing to go through a rebuild with a new qb. He was lucky that Payton found Romo otherwise, we would have had Testaverde and Bledsoe up until 2008 at least. He also destroyed Romo with giving him terrible coaching. Garrett's offense has no imagination, no creativity, no structure. Romo had to tell Dez to do something he rarely does and that's line up in the slot and move around. The result was a 44 yard completion. It made the defense confused on that play. Romo did this. Garrett does not have the brain to do it. His offenses have been figured out long ago. Ravens told you that in 2008 but Garrett lacks the ability to adjust DURING games.

This franchise does not know what they want to do which is why they are squandering what should have been an easy division win this season. Thank you Jerry and Jason. Clowns.

Old 11-14-2013, 12:58 PM

They certainly do not have an identity, especially on offense. They run the 20 times one week and 5 times the next. You would have thought that they won the game in which they it 20 times and lost the that they ran it 5 times, but just the opposite is true.

They do not know who or what they are.

Old 11-14-2013, 01:52 PM

20,500 posts, read 33,308,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
They certainly do not have an identity, especially on offense. They run the 20 times one week and 5 times the next. You would have thought that they won the game in which they it 20 times and lost the that they ran it 5 times, but just the opposite is true.

They do not know who or what they are.
They have none on defense either. What are they trying to accomplish? What's the plan? You paid a man corner 50 million dollars and moved up to draft a physical man corner, drafted 3-4 scheme linebackers; and your defense is now the worse in the league. Why? Because they simply don't know what they want to do. This defense is on pace to become the worse defense in the history of the NFL. The front office is scrambling and 31 teams are laughing at them because they know that the people running it don't know a thing about the game. Jerry Jones has destroyed this franchise with his ego.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football