Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2014, 01:11 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,789,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
They've been waiting for 6 weeks to say something. Is it any shock that they are flocking out now?
Not shocking at all...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2014, 01:15 PM

7,569 posts, read 6,022,116 times
Default I wish we could have injury free football.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Okay, seriously people are putting too much emphasis on Romo and his injury. One, The Cowboys success has mostly been due to Demarco Murray and his ability. That takes the pressure off Romo to pass and therefore he hasn't had the opportunity to screw up as much. He chokes later in the season so his being sidelined would actually help the team, not the opposite. The road gets tougher for the Cowboys from now on so they'll have had their best playing now behind them.
Their coaching isn't any better, Romo isn't any better, their defense isn't any better.
First, I am glad the Cowboys lost. However, I did not like how it happened. I know injuries are a part of the game. Players know the risks when they step out on the field. I hate seeing a good player like Romo going down with an injury. I wanted to see the best Skins team beat the best Cowboys team.

Since we are inundated with Cowboys on TV, and since I hear it from relatives and friends who llive for the Cowboys and football, let me point a few things out.

Injuries will happen. But that is not the major concern for the NFL's best O Line. Even the best OLine is vulnerable at times, and the Redskins found their Achilles's heel. While they are a great Run line, they have problems stopping the outside blitz.

Demarco Murray is a great player. He is on the level of Dorsett and Smith. HE is carrying the Cowboys, and if he goes down with an injury, (And I hope he does not) then the offense has a problem. The backup QB can work hard this week in practice and get his timing down, because that was his main problem last night. The Tight Ends and receivers are always on target. The Offensive line is overall good, at least with the run. They are inexperienced enough to let a redskin defense fluster them though. Romo can sit out, but Murray cannot.

And as much as I despise the Cowboys, I love watching Murray play. He is that good.

As for the defense, the UFO defense as they are called, well, the Redskins showed what happens when you pick apart inexperienced, weak and practice squad level players one by one. The defense was worn down by the end of the game, and they were getting beat one on one. If someone on the defense went down with an injury, it would make no difference, because the caliber of player from starter to bench is minimal on that team. And all along, we said that the defense would be the problem. Now it is starting to show, and do not expect it to get easier against the weapons of the Pesky Red Birds and the Nasty Green and silver birds.

Finally, as a medical person, I would like propose and investigation of the medical licenses of those who allowed Romo to return to the game. Having done some training at a certain Dallas hospital, I know how about anyone can slip through the system, but watching an obviously injured player in overtime was unacceptable on all levels, especially from a medical standpoint. Now I understand Romo wants to play, and he has played injured before. I also know the argument about "Well he gets millions to play not sit on the bench" Not withstanding that his backup was doing fine, and that Murray could have driven down to the goal line, Romo looked weak, inaccurate, and slow. He should not have risked further injury. The coach and the medical team should be held accountable. I would add the owner if he were competent enough to understand. Romo never should have been allowed back out, I don't care how bad he wanted to play. It was obvious that he was hurting, and if the MRI shows any dislocations or tears today, then the league needs to look into the situation further.

Old 10-28-2014, 02:14 PM

45,295 posts, read 26,785,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post

I knew it would be a matter of time before we saw one of these.

And we still have the Jaguars, Bears, Redskins and Giants again on schedule. The Eagles have a tougher road than us.
True...

4 division games plus Seattle, GB, Carolina, Ten, Hou for the Eagles

Three weeks in succession... Dal, Sea, Dal... doesn't seem right.

Old 10-28-2014, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
True...

4 division games plus Seattle, GB, Carolina, Ten, Hou for the Eagles

Three weeks in succession... Dal, Sea, Dal... doesn't seem right.
... I think that's the result of just running out of room, perhaps?

It does seem strange that the Cowboys and Eagles are practically playing back-to-back games.

Old 10-28-2014, 03:35 PM

796 posts, read 502,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
... I think that's the result of just running out of room, perhaps?

It does seem strange that the Cowboys and Eagles are practically playing back-to-back games.
Its very weird but it has happened before with divisional teams. Saints and Panthers had a similar schedule with only one game between their 2 games...same with Broncos and Chiefs. I think the 49ers and Seahawks have their 2 games within 3 weeks this year too. Intact their first rivalry game is Thanksgiving night after the Boys play the Eagles.

Old 10-28-2014, 06:45 PM

20,501 posts, read 33,331,850 times
It's time for Dallas to start investing in the dline now. In fact the entire defense. I think Carr is gone after this season no matter what happens the rest of the way. So a corner is needed. But the dline must be addressed.

Old 10-29-2014, 06:32 AM

7,569 posts, read 6,022,116 times
AOL.com Article - Romo returns from injury, but Cowboys lose to Redskins

The video mentions the injury and the medical follow up, without saying much. Kind of typical for ESPN.
SO here is what we know.

Romo was obviously hurt in the game. He was given an Xray, which showed no fracture, and given a pain shot. Pain med use is very common in the NFL. When he returned to the game, he appeared to be weak and injured.
Xray will not show the degree of damage that a CT or MRI will show.

If he is questionable, and if he plays next week, against a tough RedBurd defense, things may get worse for him regardless.

Old 10-29-2014, 08:00 AM

191 posts, read 179,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
AOL.com Article - Romo returns from injury, but Cowboys lose to Redskins

The video mentions the injury and the medical follow up, without saying much. Kind of typical for ESPN.
SO here is what we know.

Romo was obviously hurt in the game. He was given an Xray, which showed no fracture, and given a pain shot. Pain med use is very common in the NFL. When he returned to the game, he appeared to be weak and injured.
Xray will not show the degree of damage that a CT or MRI will show.

If he is questionable, and if he plays next week, against a tough RedBurd defense, things may get worse for him regardless.
Here's the thing that concerns me about Romo and his injury: when the cowboys had the 8-8 seasons he was constantly playing with painful and limiting injuries. The punctured lung, the cracked ribs, the bad back that finally showed up last year. When Romo got back on the field Monday night he played the exact same way he did during those incredibly mediocre seasons, in pain and making bad decisions when it counted the most. I wish him well.

Old 10-29-2014, 10:46 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,797,374 times
With all the injuries he had and his age it looks like he only has about 2 years left

Old 10-29-2014, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
With all the injuries he had and his age it looks like he only has about 2 years left
I admire the toughness, but at some point, you're going to have to be honest with yourself.

At some point, you have to take care of yourself instead of worry about the rest of the world. Don't kill yourself trying to prove someone wrong...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football