Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2015, 09:03 PM

1,069 posts, read 712,595 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
start with j maehl and j mathews and cooper. add in sproles who like to get out in the flat and catch passes, along with their tight ends celek and ertz. granted they are a young crowd, but capable, and they will give the dallas secondary trouble.
i am a cowboy fan, alot of teams give their secondary trouble....i have listened all preseason to the so called experts saying philly is a contender. and i honestly ask how....Murray is a really good back and Sproles is a nice change of pace back, but not a probowl RB....their O line is shaky and all of a sudden Bradford, who was nothing special with StL, is now an elite QB? How is that possible. The only established WR they have is Cooper, and he is average at best. Same with Ertz, he is an average TE....People are talking SB, i dont see them making the playoffs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2015, 11:30 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep It Simple View Post
i am a cowboy fan, alot of teams give their secondary trouble....i have listened all preseason to the so called experts saying philly is a contender. and i honestly ask how....Murray is a really good back and Sproles is a nice change of pace back, but not a probowl RB....their O line is shaky and all of a sudden Bradford, who was nothing special with StL, is now an elite QB? How is that possible. The only established WR they have is Cooper, and he is average at best. Same with Ertz, he is an average TE....People are talking SB, i dont see them making the playoffs
understand that philly has a bunch of new players, ten new starters in fact, and they need a little time to gel as a team. once they do they will be a tough team to beat. dallas may beat them sunday, but dont count the eagles out just yet. for instance last season the seahawks started the season 3-3, and ended up in the super bowl. last season dallas was supposed to be an 8-8 team at best, and they nearly beat green bay to advance to the third round of the playoffs.

so lets not count anyone out just yet, remember we have played only one game so far, and as has been noted several times, one game does not a season make.

Old 09-20-2015, 05:02 PM

8,605 posts, read 14,888,798 times
Welp the Romo haters are gonna get to see how the Cowboys do with Brandon Weeden. Romo broke his left collarbone today and is gonna be out for a large chunk of the season.

Old 09-20-2015, 05:45 PM

6,572 posts, read 6,738,168 times
Sorry to here about Romo.....damn shame for you guys The Cowboys have had the worst luck.

Old 09-20-2015, 07:03 PM

6,793 posts, read 5,661,715 times
Bitter Sweet. Anytime the Cowboys beat the Eagles, its very sweet.. but losing Romo will be a tough pill to swallow. The only hope now is to remain afloat until Romo comes back late in the year. fingers crossed they can churn out some wins without Romo!

Old 09-20-2015, 07:27 PM

3,266 posts, read 5,632,596 times
I'm still wonderin' if Philly is that bad or the Cowboy D is good. Philly looked like something that fell out of the south end of a north bound cow.

Old 09-20-2015, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTex View Post
I'm still wonderin' if Philly is that bad or the Cowboy D is good. Philly looked like something that fell out of the south end of a north bound cow.
the cowboys D is good, and they were hitting on all cylinders, but by the same token the eagles offense was shall we say offensively bad. they were not in the same book let alone the same page. still the eagles have talent, and if they get it together, they can still contend for the NFC east title.

as for the cowboys, phillys D was good enough to give the cowboys trouble finishing drives. and the big question is, how will the dallas offense work with weedon running things? weedon did look decent replacing romo in this game, perhaps that will carry over to atlanta next week, and the rest of the season? we shall see. i think the cowboys however will be on the hunt for another QB. perhaps two this week. who knows, perhaps tebow will get back on an NFL team this season. question is, who else is out there?

Old 09-20-2015, 09:16 PM

5,163 posts, read 3,656,420 times
If they can win, or maybe keep their head above water with Weeden at QB, then I will have to give Garrett a lot of credit as a head coach!

Old 09-20-2015, 09:18 PM

796 posts, read 505,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Bitter Sweet. Anytime the Cowboys beat the Eagles, its very sweet.. but losing Romo will be a tough pill to swallow. The only hope now is to remain afloat until Romo comes back late in the year. fingers crossed they can churn out some wins without Romo!
I agree.

Which games you feel we have good potential of winning? Here are some of the upcoming games:

Week 3: vs Falcons
Week 4: @ Saints
Week 5: vs Pats
Week 6: Bye
Week 7: @ Giants
Week 8: vs Seahawks
Week 9: vs Eagles
Week 10: @ Bucs
Week 11: @ Dolphins
Week 12: vs Panthers (Thanksgiving)

Man I wish Brady was out for those first 4 games because if he keep playing sloppily with those penalties and turnovers, he and Belicheck will make the Boys pay. Of the near games, I feel we can win against the Falcons if we can contain Julio and everybody step up. The Saints lost at home to the Bucs today and last year they lost 3 home games in a row but they gonna be itching for a win by Week 4 and that's a Sunday Night primetime game so that's gonna be tough. The second Giants game gonna be tough because they play us hard no matter what place they are in. Seahawks of course is gonna be a tough game even with Romo regardless of them possibly starting out 0-2. I think some of these games we can squeak out a victory if our D continue to preform well, keep strong running game, O-line step up, everyone cut out all those penalties, and WEEDEN TAKE CARE OF BALL.

Old 09-20-2015, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VABlkCONSERV View Post
I agree.

Which games you feel we have good potential of winning? Here are some of the upcoming games:

Week 3: vs Falcons
this will be an interesting game. can weedon get and keep the cowboys moving offensively? this game will be a test for weedon for sure. if he can build upon what he did today in relief of romo, he has a shot. and it helps that the defense is playing well.

Quote:
Week 4: @ Saints
hopefully weedon can at least keep the offense on a even keel giving the team a chance at winning, again defense is going to be very important here.

Quote:
Week 5: vs Pats
a big test for weedon and the boys, especially the defense. if the team is not too beat up, the game will be close, but i think this is the first loss of the season for the boys. we shall see.

Quote:
Week 6: Bye
a chances to rest and regroup. if the boys can get here with one or two losses, they should be in good shape the rest of the season.

Quote:
Week 7: @ Giants
a tough game for sure, the giants will be out for revenge, especially playing at home. can the defense stymie manning and company again? and can the offense take advantage? romo was reading the giants defense in game one, will weedon have a similar performance? not likely.

Quote:
Week 8: vs Seahawks
tough game. seattle will be ready for the boys, and i don think weedon will be ready for the seahawks. and coming off a tough game, the defense will probably be beat up a bit. i think seattle gets this one.

Quote:
Week 9: vs Eagles
again the eagles will be looking for revenge, but will their offense be up to the task? at this point in the season i think so, so our defense will need to be on their game, and that may be tough coming off two tough games in a row.

Quote:
Week 10: @ Bucs
this will probably be the easiest game the boys play to this point.

Quote:
Week 11: @ Dolphins
Week 12: vs Panthers (Thanksgiving)
if the boys can get through these games and have no more than 3 losses, perhaps four, they shuld be sitting rather pretty at the top of the nfc east.

Quote:
Man I wish Brady was out for those first 4 games because if he keep playing sloppily with those penalties and turnovers, he and Belicheck will make the Boys pay. Of the near games, I feel we can win against the Falcons if we can contain Julio and everybody step up. The Saints lost at home to the Bucs today and last year they lost 3 home games in a row but they gonna be itching for a win by Week 4 and that's a Sunday Night primetime game so that's gonna be tough. The second Giants game gonna be tough because they play us hard no matter what place they are in. Seahawks of course is gonna be a tough game even with Romo regardless of them possibly starting out 0-2. I think some of these games we can squeak out a victory if our D continue to preform well, keep strong running game, O-line step up, everyone cut out all those penalties, and WEEDEN TAKE CARE OF BALL.
the cowboys have a target painted on their backs right now, and so they need to have good games from the defense, and a solid performance from weedon. he doesnt have to be a good as romo, but he does need to win some games. the boys also need to get a good back up to weedon, perhaps two, this week. and get them into the swing of the boys offensive scheme.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football