Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2015, 06:40 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,904,705 times

Advertisements

Simple question... if we win the next 7 and STILL not make the playoffs, then what?

It would be a total waste.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2015, 06:53 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
I don't see them winning out regardless of Romo return or not. They have a few tough games left on the schedule, and will have to win 5 in a row just to get to 500. Also, they will have no control over the teams in the division that are ahead of them, except the redskins who they have to play twice yet. Also the Miami game is no slam dunk, Romo wont have his rhythm in top form in his first game back. I don't see them beating the panthers, packers, and the jets. Since they can't win without Romo, all the other team have to do is keep the pressure on him, keep him on the run. Even playing at Buffalo in late December is going to be no easy task.
i never said it would happen, i just said it could happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Simple question... if we win the next 7 and STILL not make the playoffs, then what?

It would be a total waste.
not really, it gives the boys a place to start building for next year. as a coach can point to the season and remind the team that good things happen when everyone plays as a team instead of a bunch of individuals in the same uniform.

Old 11-15-2015, 07:16 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,656,695 times
Digging your way out of such a deep hole after a 2-7 start, will be physically and mentally draining in my opinion. Every game becomes like an elimination game if you have any hope of making the playoffs. Plus you will have to be watching the teams that are ahead of you in the standing every week and hoping they lose as you win. Each time they win, your chances get smaller and smaller.

Old 11-15-2015, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Digging your way out of such a deep hole after a 2-7 start, will be physically and mentally draining in my opinion. Every game becomes like an elimination game if you have any hope of making the playoffs. Plus you will have to be watching the teams that are ahead of you in the standing every week and hoping they lose as you win. Each time they win, your chances get smaller and smaller.
i disagree with most of your post. you focus on the task at hand, winning the upcoming game.

as for watching the team above you, dont bother, because you cant make them lose, so it becomes a distraction that you dont need. so you ignore what else is going on in the division, so you can focus on the task at hand. providence will take care of everything else.

Old 11-16-2015, 05:49 AM

12,970 posts, read 9,656,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i disagree with most of your post. you focus on the task at hand, winning the upcoming game.

as for watching the team above you, dont bother, because you cant make them lose, so it becomes a distraction that you dont need. so you ignore what else is going on in the division, so you can focus on the task at hand. providence will take care of everything else.
Ok then, I guess we shall wait and see. Ever since I can remember, teams are watching what the other teams do late in the season, that's how some teams make it into the playoffs because a certain team in the conference or division lost a game. Not to mention the tremendous amount of pressure on that team knowing they have to pretty much run the table to get in. But good luck to you man, hope it plays out like how you believe it can.

Old 11-16-2015, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Ok then, I guess we shall wait and see. Ever since I can remember, teams are watching what the other teams do late in the season, that's how some teams make it into the playoffs because a certain team in the conference or division lost a game. Not to mention the tremendous amount of pressure on that team knowing they have to pretty much run the table to get in. But good luck to you man, hope it plays out like how you believe it can.
one thing i learned while racing years ago is that i cant control what the other teams and drivers do, i can only focus on what i have to do, and what my driver has to do. to that end it was my responsibility to get my driver to focus on the task at hand, and get them to do what was necessary for them to be as successful as possible.

Old 11-16-2015, 08:49 AM

1,659 posts, read 1,658,574 times
Have to agree that the season can be written off. Expecting Romo to step right back in and play lights out after missing 7 weeks due to injury is unrealistic. I didn't get to see the game, they showed the god awful Redskins-Saints mismatch, so I can't comment on how badly they played other than to say couldn't we score more than six damn points! I'm guessing the defense played okay but what happened to the offense. Looking at the stats is eye opening. 12 first downs, 42 yards rushing (where's that vaunted offensive line?) and Bailey missing a FG! And what's with Dez not even making an attempt to catch that last throw? This season can't get much uglier.

Old 11-16-2015, 11:03 AM

4,828 posts, read 4,284,428 times
I'd bust the rest of the season and just try and eliminate as many teams as you can from playoff contention. For instance, a team that needs to beat you to get in the playoffs, really try and beat them. The running game was terrible with McFadden yesterday, but the running game has honestly been terrible all season. The transition from Murray to Dunbar, Randle, McFadden, and Christian has been awful. We all knew the passing game was going to struggle minus Dez and Romo. Terrance Williams probably already knows his walking papers have been signed when the season is over. Relying on a highly decorated, but too old to be of value Witten doesn't help either. They're trying to treat him like Tony Gonzalez; however, Gonzalez still had Julio Jones and a declining Roddy White ahead of him.

I've never been a Cowboys fan. They beat down my Bills in the 90s and that's when my disdain for them started. Last season was the season to make some noise and "the catch" ultimately soured the season.

There's no reason why a team that has talent goes 0-7 when they're QB and leading receive goes out. The Patriots have just about perfected the next man up philosophy.

Dallas is just not as good as we hoped, with the trading of Murray. Their run game has just been freaking awful this season, outside of the McFadden 140 yard game and Joseph Randle's 3 touchdown 89 yard game. Stick a fork in this season and start looking to move some chess pieces for next season.

Old 11-16-2015, 11:12 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Culture...

Report: Greg Hardy Arrived Late For Practice, Missed Meetings Last Week

FOX Sports’ Mike Garafolo reported Sunday there were even more issues with Hardy in the week of preparation leading up to the Cowboys’ eventual loss to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. According to the report, Hardy showed up late to work Thursday. Additionally, Hardy also missed “nearly all of the morning’s meetings,” per the FOX Sports report.

It’s unclear if Hardy was disciplined for his latest transgression. If he was, it wasn’t reflected in playing time as he played all of the Cowboys’ loss Sunday against the Bucs.

Old 11-16-2015, 11:17 AM

796 posts, read 505,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Culture...

Report: Greg Hardy Arrived Late For Practice, Missed Meetings Last Week

FOX Sports’ Mike Garafolo reported Sunday there were even more issues with Hardy in the week of preparation leading up to the Cowboys’ eventual loss to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. According to the report, Hardy showed up late to work Thursday. Additionally, Hardy also missed “nearly all of the morning’s meetings,” per the FOX Sports report.

It’s unclear if Hardy was disciplined for his latest transgression. If he was, it wasn’t reflected in playing time as he played all of the Cowboys’ loss Sunday against the Bucs.
Awful! His performance this season isn't worth all this media circus. He played well during the Pats game first half but not anything else thats worth all this constant headache and controversy. I dont think it's best to resign him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football