Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2015, 11:53 AM

4,454 posts, read 3,393,373 times

Advertisements

It's sad that Romo's out for the year because that is his second injury this year as he got hurt at Philadelphia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2015, 12:29 PM

6,793 posts, read 5,662,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
that assumes that everything would have gone the way you indicate. the redskins could have used a fake injury to stop the clock, or caused a penalty to again stop the clock. for instance, lets say the redskins need that time, so they take a player that has essentially no meaning in the game, and while the clock is running, he commits an unsportsman like conduct penalty, giving up half the distance to the goal on fourth down, by starting a fight. now dallas has to run their fourth down play, ie kicking the field goal, and now has the three point lead. washington then has nearly one minute after the kick off to get down field and either score the field goal, or the touchdown. either way dallas, given the mount of time left on the clock when washington scored, still has time to get down and try to score the touchdown, assuming washington scored their touchdown.
An injury would stop the game clock and play clock.. as soon as the injured player left the field, both clocks would start back so that would NOT have saved them any time..

A penalty would have moved the ball closer to the line plus given the Cowboys a 1st down... so that's 3 more knees.. no way that helps the Skins save time...

I believe the scenario I laid out above was the best case scenario for the Skins and time had the Cowboys taken 3 knees... Regardless, its a moot point because they didn't and worse, McFadden ran out of bounds on the first play..

Old 12-08-2015, 12:29 PM

14,322 posts, read 14,620,586 times
He reinjured his collarbone, and now they think he can come back and play in the playoffs. Already had that discussion with someone on here.

Old 12-08-2015, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
He reinjured his collarbone, and now they think he can come back and play in the playoffs. Already had that discussion with someone on here.
NO.. he's not coming back this year.. if the Cowboys somehow back into the playoffs, it could only happen with Cassell playing well... so why would they pull a guy playing well to put in an oft injured QB... I don't see that happening..

Old 12-08-2015, 12:40 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,161,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1986pacecar View Post
Please explain why Dallas just didn't take a knee when they got the turnover rather than have McFadden score with over a minute and half to play. Stupid decision nearly cost them the game. I thought the defense played really well but Cassel is turning into Weeden with his conservative play. It was heartening to get the win but you're deluding yourselves thinking we've got any chance to run the table. Tough schedule and an anemic offense doesn't bode well for long term success.
Its called terrible coaching. Clock management issues are rampant throughout the league.

Old 12-08-2015, 12:43 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,161,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
that assumes that everything would have gone the way you indicate. the redskins could have used a fake injury to stop the clock, or caused a penalty to again stop the clock. for instance, lets say the redskins need that time, so they take a player that has essentially no meaning in the game, and while the clock is running, he commits an unsportsman like conduct penalty, giving up half the distance to the goal on fourth down, by starting a fight. now dallas has to run their fourth down play, ie kicking the field goal, and now has the three point lead. washington then has nearly one minute after the kick off to get down field and either score the field goal, or the touchdown. either way dallas, given the mount of time left on the clock when washington scored, still has time to get down and try to score the touchdown, assuming washington scored their touchdown.
???? do you understand how that works? A penalty still means there are 3 downs to run. No matter WHAT Washington tries to do 3 knees means a FG with about 15 seconds left...terrible clock management.

The other scenarios you present are ludicrous./

Teams cant figure out how to end games..its an NFL epidemic.

Old 12-08-2015, 12:45 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,904,705 times
This week's result: Cowboys BEAT the Redskins: 19-16

2015 Regular Season Record: (4-8)

Next Game: @ Green Bay

Thankfully, we played a sorry Washington team that's just as horrible WITHOUT our best QB.

Old 12-08-2015, 01:10 PM

14,322 posts, read 14,620,586 times
I actually watched part of the game, and couldn't believe all the FGs! When Packers played Vikes in MN, they won but Crosby kicked 5 FGs, all over 40 yards, outdoors, NFL record. Having Aaron, who would think 5 FGs.

I was curious to see how the 'boys were doing, minus Romo. Lee (?) didn't play last year right? I think the Cowboys could give Packers fits IF the 3 guys on the Oline who were out against the Lions are still out.

Packers are hard to figure this year, beat Lions and Vikes on the road, lost to Lions and Bears at home, usually it is the opposite. Lambeau has been good to them in the past. Those were low scoring games, they should have won. Crosby missed a FG, and dropped passes are a huge issue (still).

Packers will probably be favored but Cowboys will be on fire, I'm sure, NFC East is like the NFC North, 2013! Should be a great game!

Old 12-08-2015, 01:45 PM

Packers early favorites by 7....

Old 12-08-2015, 04:12 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
NO.. he's not coming back this year.. if the Cowboys somehow back into the playoffs, it could only happen with Cassell playing well... so why would they pull a guy playing well to put in an oft injured QB... I don't see that happening..
i doubt seriously that romo will be back anytime this season, even if the cowboys make the playoffs.

Quote:
I actually watched part of the game, and couldn't believe all the FGs! When Packers played Vikes in MN, they won but Crosby kicked 5 FGs, all over 40 yards, outdoors, NFL record. Having Aaron, who would think 5 FGs.

I was curious to see how the 'boys were doing, minus Romo. Lee (?) didn't play last year right? I think the Cowboys could give Packers fits IF the 3 guys on the Oline who were out against the Lions are still out.

Packers are hard to figure this year, beat Lions and Vikes on the road, lost to Lions and Bears at home, usually it is the opposite. Lambeau has been good to them in the past. Those were low scoring games, they should have won. Crosby missed a FG, and dropped passes are a huge issue (still).

Packers will probably be favored but Cowboys will be on fire, I'm sure, NFC East is like the NFC North, 2013! Should be a great game!
the packers are going to be an interesting game for sure, the cowboys are riding a high by beating their main rival, and they have the revenge factor from last season after losing to the packers in the playoffs. green bay on the other hand will be ready for the cowboys, and they are in a must win situation as they are tied with the vikings at the top of the NFC east, and even though if the playoffs were to start today, both would be in, there is the question of seeding. so it will be an interesting game, perhaps the boys can play spoiler?

but with the jets, bills, and redskins again, dallas's road to the playoffs is indeed a rough one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football