Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2016, 09:40 AM

796 posts, read 505,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
nick foles would be a great back up to romo. they are similar styles of QBs, and foles already has starting experience as well. and i believe that foles is the youngest of the three listed so he has that advantage going for him as well.
True plus the Boys won't have to give up much for foles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2016, 11:20 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,611,100 times
Nick Foles' role may just be better for all if he ends up in a back-up position. He has many qualities which would serve a team (and him) best in a bench role. At least at this point. No need to give up on any decent QB just because a starting role is not currently available. Plus, Foles is a Texas guy.

Old 08-03-2016, 01:06 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
remember that foles did well at philly in his first season there, and went downhill after the offensive line ws compromised. then he went to the rams where the offensive line was not that good to begin with. put him behind the dallas offensive line and see what happens. like a a young romo, foles needs a little more time to make plays. given more experience though and he will be much better than he is now.

Old 08-03-2016, 02:02 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,611,100 times
Quote:
remember that foles did well at philly in his first season there, and went downhill after the offensive line ws compromised. then he went to the rams where the offensive line was not that good to begin with. put him behind the dallas offensive line and see what happens. like a a young romo, foles needs a little more time to make plays. given more experience though and he will be much better than he is now.
Yep, I happen to believe that as well.

Old 08-07-2016, 04:31 PM

well sine foles signed with the chiefs, it seems that vick is openly interested in playing for the cowboys, even as a back up. not a bad choice imo, what do you guys think?

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2..._the_dall.html

Old 08-07-2016, 04:35 PM

4,454 posts, read 3,392,799 times
Quote:
well sine foles signed with the chiefs, it seems that vick is openly interested in playing for the cowboys, even as a back up. not a bad choice imo, what do you guys think?

NFL rumors: Michael Vick wants to play for the Dallas Cowboys | NJ.com
That's not a bad idea. Vick has been inconsistent at times in his career. I think he should be a backup for Tony Romo if Vick wants to play in Dallas.

Old 08-08-2016, 11:17 AM

796 posts, read 505,279 times
Vick getting older but I think for the right price he would be a decent backup. I think he would do better than weeden and cassel.

Old 08-08-2016, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VABlkCONSERV View Post
Vick getting older but I think for the right price he would be a decent backup. I think he would do better than weeden and cassel.
weeden disappointed me greatly, but cassel should have been much better than he showed. but then again it didnt help either one that dallas became a one dimensional team when bryant went down and when we lost most of our running back corps. with no ball control to speak of, the defense had to stay on the field much longer, and as such was worn out by the fourth quarter, which is where they lost all their games.

with the running back corps we have this season, and the receivers we have, the cowboys should have a decent season this year, even if romo goes down again. even though he needs more work, i think prescott can handle running the team and would be fairly successful.

that said however, i would prefer that dallas find a decent back up, and someone like vick who has experience reading defenses and running the offense, would be a fine addition to the team.

Old 08-08-2016, 10:04 PM

perhaps the cowboys are going to go with jameill showers as their back up this season? they dont seem to be in any hurry to replace kellen moore at this point.

Old 08-09-2016, 11:37 PM

apparently since moore went down with injury, and with romo taking non practice days, it seems that prescott and showers are getting a lot more reps, and developing nicely. is it possible that dallas is going to forego replacing moore and going with what they have?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football