Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2016, 02:59 PM

1,281 posts, read 776,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Eli has 2 rings ...and before you say it was because of the defense they won, look at his playoff run numbers. Off the charts..knows how to win when it counts.
Those rings came from the giants being defensively dominant and stopping Tom Brady. The final score of the SB was 17-14. Plus how good can a QB be when he started every game and his team missed the playoffs 6 out of 7 seasons? I don't think Eli is a good QB and will continue to explain why each time.

And let's not forget his hailmary pass in the SB when he just threw it up with his eyes closed and the guy caught it on his helmet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2016, 03:00 PM

Quote:
patronizing? I'm saying you should want an SB APPEARANCE. Anything less is a FAIL.
The season is only a fail if the Cowboys lose the first game.

Old 12-03-2016, 03:03 PM

10,006 posts, read 11,151,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfceast View Post
Those rings came from the giants being defensively dominant and stopping Tom Brady. The final score of the SB was 17-14. Plus how good can a QB be when he started every game and his team missed the playoffs 6 out of 7 seasons? I don't think Eli is a good QB and will continue to explain why each time.

And let's not forget his hailmary pass in the SB when he just threw it up with his eyes closed and the guy caught it on his helmet.
That was the SB..look at the numbers in the NFC playoff games leading up.

Eli created that play. Without his houdini act..it never happens. Great clutch players find a way. Hey, I never said Eli was a great QB...very inconsistent. But when it counted..................

Old 12-03-2016, 03:06 PM

Quote:
The season is only a fail if the Cowboys lose the first game.
When you win the first playoff game...you'll be singing a different tune.

Old 12-03-2016, 03:13 PM

Quote:
That was the SB..look at the numbers in the NFC playoff games leading up.

Eli created that play. Without his houdini act..it never happens. Great clutch players find a way. Hey, I never said Eli was a great QB...very inconsistent. But when it counted..................
At best he is average and won't say bad because he has playoff wins. But definitely not elite since like you said he is too inconsistent.

Old 12-03-2016, 03:15 PM

Quote:
When you win the first playoff game...you'll be singing a different tune.
I don't recall no pressure being put on a young troy aikman to win the SB when the cowboys reached the playoffs in 1991. And that was his 3rd year in the league so why would fans expect dak to win a SB and it's only first season? I don't think it will be right at all and I would hope most fans can look at the big picture.

Old 12-03-2016, 04:04 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
It reminds me nothing of the 2007 team. They are not as big headed, they are not led by a cupcake coach who never won a playoff game at that time, Jerry isn't running the show, and there is better leadership on this team. If the fans chests are all pumped up. So what. They are fans. What do you expect them to be like? Humble? There is not one fanbase that would be humble at 11-1.
at 11-1, i look on this like patton did in late 1944, and recognize that dallas could still theoretically miss the playoffs. i see a path to the super bowl for the cowboys though, but it is still a bit fuzzy. if prescott starts to get a swelled head, if prescott gets injured, along with romo, and the cowboys lose their last 5 games, and other teams step up and win out, the cowboys could be on the outside looking in.

i will get pumped up about the playoffs when the cowboys secure a playoff berth. i will get pumped up about the division championship when the cowboys secure that, etc.

overall though i am quite happy with what the cowboys have done this year, they have far exceeded what i was expecting from them this year.

Old 12-03-2016, 04:13 PM

6,793 posts, read 5,658,994 times
Quote:
patronizing? I'm saying you should want an SB APPEARANCE. Anything less is a FAIL.
YOU SAID GRAB IT... not sure what we are suppose to grab. I suspect your just trying to stir things up..

Old 12-03-2016, 04:14 PM

4,454 posts, read 3,390,563 times
Guys, please calm down. It isn't a big deal.

Old 12-03-2016, 04:34 PM

Quote:
I don't recall n so why would fans expect dak to win a SB and it's only first season? I don't think it will be right at all and I would hope most fans can look at the big picture.
Because you don't necessarily get more chances.. hey no sense in arguing it..if that's how you feel so be it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football