Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2017, 08:13 PM

45,541 posts, read 27,152,040 times

Advertisements

Police have cleared Whithead of all charges.

This is the one the Cowboys got tough with. Nice job...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2017, 08:18 PM

45,541 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
considering that the current NFL commissioner is being a dictator at this point, the cowboys have good reason to release whitehead. he hasnt lived up to his potential over the last couple of seasons, and there is the distinct possibility that even if he goes to VA and gets his name cleared, he will still face a four game suspension by the dictator.....er commissioner.
My point is that maybe the Cowboys were planning to release him.

They played the role of finally being tough on players and their conduct, and they couldn't even get that right.

Old 07-26-2017, 01:28 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
My point is that maybe the Cowboys were planning to release him.

They played the role of finally being tough on players and their conduct, and they couldn't even get that right.
they probably were going to release him anyway, and the bench warrant, though unwarranted, was the impetus for releasing him.

as for not getting it right, that may not be the cowboys fault on this, they were given information that lucky is a suspect in a crime,and that he failed to show for a hearing on that crime. and even though now the charges have been dropped against him, he still failed to appear in court like he should have.

Old 07-26-2017, 05:26 AM

14,321 posts, read 14,611,366 times
This seems like it was for show, hoping to deflect other conversations, which will not quiet down. Lucky Whitehead isn't guilty of anything.

Old 07-26-2017, 07:19 AM

3,264 posts, read 5,628,678 times
"Lucky" was released for not communicating with management/coaching about this incident plus other unreported incidents.

Whitehead was on his way out and I think only still in camp as insurance against injury. Ryan Switzer will be the starter at punt returner and also plays designed for LW when he was in the slot. Switzer has so much more upside than Whitehead. Being a hardcore Cowboy fan (vs some here who are just casual observers) I know how hard it was to trust LW on the field. He made multiple bad decisions and turnovers. We who are Cowboy followers knew he would be cut and to me the timing is meaningless. I never liked him as a player.

In reality this works out well for him because he has a chance to catch on with some other team. I think he'd be a good fit for GB.

Old 07-26-2017, 07:26 AM

3,264 posts, read 5,628,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post

Everything on NFL Network at the moment is about the Cowboys, you would think they played in the SB!
Surely you know why .

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/n...-for-top-spot/

Who are the Most Popular NFL Teams?

(Ratings maybe?????????)

Old 07-26-2017, 07:37 AM

796 posts, read 505,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTex View Post
"Lucky" was released for not communicating with management/coaching about this incident plus other unreported incidents.

Whitehead was on his way out and I think only still in camp as insurance against injury. Ryan Switzer will be the starter at punt returner and also plays designed for LW when he was in the slot. Switzer has so much more upside than Whitehead. Being a hardcore Cowboy fan (vs some here who are just casual observers) I know how hard it was to trust LW on the field. He made multiple bad decisions and turnovers. We who are Cowboy followers knew he would be cut and to me the timing is meaningless. I never liked him as a player.

In reality this works out well for him because he has a chance to catch on with some other team. I think he'd be a good fit for GB.
I agree about Whitehead getting cut or just being there for insurance and his lack of production and bad decision making. I just think how this situation was handled was wrong. But Switzer was gonna get his reps regardless if Whitehead was there or not. I also think it was poor judgement for Whitehead to post that stuff about his dog being held for ransom.

At least he has a chance to find another team. But this is a bad look on the Boys FO and Garrett about how they handled this.

Old 07-26-2017, 03:51 PM

3,755 posts, read 4,798,306 times
Quote:
Lucky Whitehead wasn't even in VA at the time and police admit someone else used his information. Cowboys probably were going to release him but the way they handled it was untimely. He doesn't have to go to VA to clear his name, whole thing is dropped. For Cowboys to act so fast on this, and totally lax on other situations, is rather funny.

Everything on NFL Network at the moment is about the Cowboys, you would think they played in the SB!
It's been over 2 decades since Dallas has even played in a conference title game. They have 3 playoff wins in the last 21 seasons. Yet people love to watch them and either hate them, or love them. The networks know they generate the ratings, kind of like the Kardashians, so they get plenty of air time.

This entire situation is a bad look for Dallas.

Old 07-27-2017, 09:03 AM

14,321 posts, read 14,611,366 times
It might not be so bad if they weren't always talking, if Jerry Jones would go about his daily routine and keep his mouth shut. They have the most days, games missed and no other team is even close to them. All teams have players with issues, suspensions, but many go about these type of situations quietly, privately. Other teams are popular and in the spotlight, Cowboys need to get their act together.

Old 07-27-2017, 08:17 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
Quote:
It might not be so bad if they weren't always talking, if Jerry Jones would go about his daily routine and keep his mouth shut. They have the most days, games missed and no other team is even close to them. All teams have players with issues, suspensions, but many go about these type of situations quietly, privately. Other teams are popular and in the spotlight, Cowboys need to get their act together.
well part of that comes from the cowboys signing players with known problems and trying rehabilitate them. and that doesnt help things. i think the cowboys are starting to see the folly in just signing players with behavioral problems, especially those that create problems in the locker room and dont perform to their potential on the field.

in the case of lucky, i think if he was performing like he should have been, he would still be on the team.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football