Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2017, 02:59 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1986pacecar View Post
Not to be a killjoy but that win was against a really, really, really lousy team. It looked like they played a high school JV team, it was that one sided. Washington will be much tougher. Cousins usually lights up their secondary so unless they score another 30+ they will be in trouble.
Dallas has a pretty good front four but that secondary is really weak. Even the SF QB at times scorched them and he ain't no Kirk Cousins.
and i dont disagree with you. the issue however is not one of a lack of talent on the dallas defense, but rather the restriction of that talent due to marenellis defensive scheme. it is outdated in the extreme. it relies too much on the front four to get pressure on the quarterback, and the linebackers to not only stop the run, but also the short pass across the middle.

it also requires that the dallas offense control the ball and make long time consuming drives to keep the opposing offense off the field.

as you know the longer any quarterback has to read the defense and throw the ball, the more they can burn defenses, any defense.

but dont forget that washington does have problems on defense as well, ones that dallas can exploit. the washington defense is weakened by the loss of a number of players. so while cousins can burn the cowboys, if he gets the time, if dallas can keep him contained in the pocket, easier to do than with rodgers, cousins could have a very bad day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2017, 10:30 PM

3,264 posts, read 5,628,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1986pacecar View Post
Not to be a killjoy but that win was against a really, really, really lousy team. It looked like they played a high school JV team, it was that one sided. Washington will be much tougher. Cousins usually lights up their secondary so unless they score another 30+ they will be in trouble.
Dallas has a pretty good front four but that secondary is really weak. Even the SF QB at times scorched them and he ain't no Kirk Cousins.
Not to be a killjoy to your supposition But Dallas had their way with them ... it was pretty much a classic beatdown .. what a good team does to a poor team. Dallas appears to b gelling some.

Matchup Dal SF
1st Downs 27 23
Passing 1st downs 12 12
Rushing 1st downs 14 9
1st downs w/penalties 1 2
3rd down efficiency 7-11 6-13
4th down efficiency 0-1 0-2
Total Plays 70 65
Total Yards 501 290
Total Drives 12 10
Yards per Play 7.2 4.5
Passing 236 187
Comp-Att 17-27 22-38
Yards per pass 8.7 4.3
Interceptions thrown 0 0
Sacks-Yards Lost 0-0 5-48
Rushing 265 103
Rushing Attempts 43 22
Yards per rush 6.2 4.7
Red Zone (Made-Att) 4-6 1-2
Penalties 5-36 2-22
Turnovers 0 3
Fumbles lost 0 3
Interceptions thrown 0 0

Possession 32:50 27:10

Old 10-25-2017, 01:35 AM

so it seems that the cowboys have promoted cooper rush to the number two quarterback on the depth chart behind prescott. the kid keeps learning and applying what he has learned. kellen moore drops to number three, which is where he should be.

Bye Week Helped Cooper Rush Prepare For Promotion To No. 2 Quarterback | Dallas Cowboys

Old 10-25-2017, 06:25 AM

45,541 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
so it seems that the cowboys have promoted cooper rush to the number two quarterback on the depth chart behind prescott. the kid keeps learning and applying what he has learned. kellen moore drops to number three, which is where he should be.

Bye Week Helped Cooper Rush Prepare For Promotion To No. 2 Quarterback | Dallas Cowboys
Sounds like the next "Romo".

Old 10-25-2017, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Sounds like the next "Romo".
he might be. but given what rush did during the preseason, i think he is a fine back up to prescott.

Old 10-25-2017, 10:54 AM

796 posts, read 505,086 times
I think Rush is a good backup and seems to be a better fit vs Moore (who also would be OK JUST AS A BACKUP for a couple of games).

Got the biggest rivals the Skins this week. This gonna be a tough game despite the injuries the Skins have. They gonna get up for this game. Need the offense to continue to ball out and the defense to keep gelling. Secondary cant let Cousins light them up.

Old 10-25-2017, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VABlkCONSERV View Post
I think Rush is a good backup and seems to be a better fit vs Moore (who also would be OK JUST AS A BACKUP for a couple of games).

Got the biggest rivals the Skins this week. This gonna be a tough game despite the injuries the Skins have. They gonna get up for this game. Need the offense to continue to ball out and the defense to keep gelling. Secondary cant let Cousins light them up.
i have always been high on kellen moore, as i think he is a decent quarterback. but he will never be a starter, except as needed. the biggest issue i see with moore is that he needs what the cowboys have to play effectively, meaning a solid front line, a decent running game, and a decent set of receivers. with the current dallas offense, he can show off his skills at running the offense. the game he started when romo was out, and with a mediocre overall offense, he kept the cowboys in the game, even though they lost, it was a close game.

the defense though does need to step up against the redskins. they need to contain cousins, and get some coverage sacks on him. they dont need many, but they need to get a few. they also need to create some turnovers as well.

Old 10-27-2017, 09:17 AM

796 posts, read 505,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i have always been high on kellen moore, as i think he is a decent quarterback. but he will never be a starter, except as needed. the biggest issue i see with moore is that he needs what the cowboys have to play effectively, meaning a solid front line, a decent running game, and a decent set of receivers. with the current dallas offense, he can show off his skills at running the offense. the game he started when romo was out, and with a mediocre overall offense, he kept the cowboys in the game, even though they lost, it was a close game.

the defense though does need to step up against the redskins. they need to contain cousins, and get some coverage sacks on him. they dont need many, but they need to get a few. they also need to create some turnovers as well.
I agree with Moore and I said before that during the 2015 season when Romo got injured the 2nd game...Moore played better than Weeden and Cassel for the most part. When Cassel was benched during one of those games (I think against Jets), he did move ball down the field and added spark. Agree that he definitely needs a good o-line, running game and receivers...but that's for most QBs. Moore isn't the type that can put a team on his back and is a backup for a reason.

Yes we need some good pass rush and secondary play...Cousins is a good QB especially when the running game opens up. Now Cousins is prone to throw a pick at crucial times (4th qtrs.)...need the D to catch it.

Old 10-27-2017, 12:02 PM

well moore was releaed the other day, he might end up on the practice squad if he clears waivers. i rather doubt that anyone will pick him up though.

Old 10-29-2017, 04:22 PM

the cowboys and redskins are both shooting themselves in the foot today. dallas is leading 17-13 in the third quarter though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football