Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2009, 07:10 AM

3,681 posts, read 9,057,165 times

Advertisements

Disappointing end to this season. I wonder who will be the coach next year. Also I really think the Colts need to throw some $$ at the O-line to help the running game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2009, 09:06 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,370,519 times
Is it official--did Dungy retire?

Old 01-04-2009, 09:10 AM

8,978 posts, read 17,284,870 times
It is not official yet; he is going to take a week and decide.

Old 01-04-2009, 12:57 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,748,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXXIMUZ View Post
The colts will own the bolts next week. Peyton will pick apart that horrible defense of theirs.
Indeed?

Don't give up your day job--psychic fortune telling is not your strong point.

Old 01-04-2009, 06:02 PM

8,978 posts, read 17,284,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
Also I really think the Colts need to throw some $$ at the O-line to help the running game.
Agreed, I hope they keep Saturday and then shore up the rest of the line. That did the Colts in when it counted.

Old 01-04-2009, 07:34 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,533,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC 38 View Post
Agreed, I hope they keep Saturday and then shore up the rest of the line. That did the Colts in when it counted.
A lot of folks have stated that Polian made a mistake by re-signing Lilja and not Scott. But how do we know? Who's to say that the run blocking wouldn't have been better with Lilja in there at LG? The Colts may re-sign Saturday, but it wouldn't surprise me to see them move on and promote Richard. Also, with his cap hit, I could see Diem being cut. Assuming Lilja comes back healthy next season, Charlie Johnson could be moved to RT.

The Colts will NOT throw big free agent money at O-lineman.

Old 01-12-2009, 04:59 PM

3,681 posts, read 9,057,165 times
It's officially over boys and girls. Tony Dungy officially retired today. I have mixed emotions myself. I believe he's a great coach and even a greater person and will miss him termendously. I always have questioned his record in the play offs, but I do believe the guy is a hall of famer and a great coach. Any thoughts?

Old 01-12-2009, 07:42 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,533,057 times
Quote:
I always have questioned his record in the play offs, but I do believe the guy is a hall of famer and a great coach. Any thoughts?
First-ballot hall of fame head coach, without a doubt. His overall record and the fact he's the first African-American head coach to win a Super Bowl gets him in. I look for him to be put on the Colts Ring of Honor at Lucas Oil Stadium next season as well.

Old 01-12-2009, 07:56 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,290,291 times
Quote:
I believe he's a great coach and even a greater person and will miss him termendously.
I think thats the best part of him. The guy was a class act all the way around. From the terrible and heart break of his son taking his own life to his being the first African American to win the Super Bowl. As you guys have said he is a 1st ballot hall of famer for sure but will be remembered as a damn good man first and foremost. Wish him and his family the best

I would give you some Rep X-Greensboro but I have to spread it around more but good post

Old 01-12-2009, 08:57 PM

18,213 posts, read 25,850,946 times
It's sad that the NFL loses coaches of Tony Dungy's character. I cannot imagine for the life of me how a guy like Dungy was able to maintain after his sons death. He done yeomans work with both the Baltimore AND the Tampa Bay franchises.

Packersnut21 has it right. A good man first and foremost. The character issue with the less savory players in the NFL has me at times wondering why do I care about the NFL anymore. But I have had a passion for this game since I went to my first pro football game in 1962. And it is men like Tony Dungy is why I keep that passion going.

Thanks Tony!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football