Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2011, 06:07 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,044,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msamhunter View Post
Great for the Colts fan. I was only able to catch the last 5 minutes of the game and it was exciting. Say what you will, Orlovsky probably should have been starting way before the last two games.
I only saw the very last minute of play. Houston beat themselves with 3 penalties in that short time frame, which IIRC, those penalties took the Colts from the Houston 20 yard line to the Houston 1-yard line. If Indy, or any team, couldn't score with an automatic first down and the ball on the 1, then shame on them. They failed on several plays until Reggie Wayne caught a pass in the end zone for the game winning TD. My wife referred to that last minute of play as Tebow Time! It was enjoyable to see them win.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2011, 01:27 PM

8,980 posts, read 17,290,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
LOL... They looked good last night! I wonder where this team would be if they had benched Painter sooner.... I still do need you to eat some crow and give me some rep points as well!! Happy holidays by the way!
Well, fine. Forgive me for believing in my team!

Happy holidays to you as well!

Old 01-01-2012, 01:32 PM

5,346 posts, read 9,856,485 times
Time to clean house! Fire Caldwell and get rid of both Polians.

Peyton will never be the same as he was before his surgeries. Bring him back only if his contract can be suitably restructured.

And welcome Andrew Luck to Indianapolis!

Old 01-02-2012, 01:00 PM

3,681 posts, read 9,058,916 times
Bill Polian and his son, Chris Polian just got canned!! My bet is that Jim Caldwel is next! Let the house cleaning begin in Indy.... Don't let the door hit your tooshy Polians!

Old 01-02-2012, 01:29 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,545,862 times

Source: Colts fire Bill and Chris Polian | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com

Source: Colts fire Bill and Chris Polian

Old 01-04-2012, 09:04 AM

780 posts, read 1,542,528 times
Rumor mill has it that the Bears are looking at Chris for GM.

Old 01-04-2012, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
Bill Polian and his son, Chris Polian just got canned!! My bet is that Jim Caldwel is next! Let the house cleaning begin in Indy.... Don't let the door hit your tooshy Polians!

Based on what has transpired, I doubt Caldwell will get canned. Getting rid of the "personnel" department was critical. If they were going to can Caldwell, why not do it all at once? I mean if you are going to start from scratch, start immediately while there are other coaches on the outside looking for jobs (Fisher for one). This is interesting.

Old 01-04-2012, 09:06 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,545,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnasty View Post
Rumor mill has it that the Bears are looking at Chris for GM.

Good !! They can have him!!

Old 01-05-2012, 07:34 AM

8,980 posts, read 17,290,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnasty View Post
Based on what has transpired, I doubt Caldwell will get canned. Getting rid of the "personnel" department was critical. If they were going to can Caldwell, why not do it all at once? I mean if you are going to start from scratch, start immediately while there are other coaches on the outside looking for jobs (Fisher for one). This is interesting.
Irsay may want to leave the decsion on Caldwell and the future of the head coach to the new GM.

Old 01-05-2012, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
Irsay may want to leave the decsion on Caldwell and the future of the head coach to the new GM.

I thought about this, but I am still struggling. If the new GM is the one to do this, we could lose valuable time waiting for this decision to be made (naming GM) thus losing out on the chance to get a top-notch coach.

The other side of this could be that Irsay has deceded to retain Caldwell no matter what. OR he has decided that the next coach will be Tressel and wants the new GM to understand this walking in the door.

OR, there is a GM out there with another team that is negotiating with Irsay behind closed doors.

Respecfully signed,

The Conspiracy Dept.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football