Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2010, 02:39 PM

2,224 posts, read 3,613,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
No, I'm well aware of Peyton's, thank you.

Sorry, dude. Just stressed lately.

I can relate, dude, trust me I can relate. Football smack is a great stress reliever. Hope your week gets better man because all the smack talk aside I think your guys run a class organization just like the Steelers and a few others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2010, 02:40 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,534,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
........Antoine Bethea.......
Signed a long-term deal.

Colts sign safety Antoine Bethea to long-term contract | IndyStar.com | The Indianapolis Star

Old 06-11-2010, 04:35 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,544,828 times
Quote:

I just heard!! Good!!

Old 06-13-2010, 04:38 PM

Now...let's square up Reggie and Mathis....

Old 06-14-2010, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Now...let's square up Reggie and Mathis....
I bet those don't happen until the CBA is squared away.

Old 06-14-2010, 11:20 AM

3,681 posts, read 9,058,112 times
Quote:
I bet those don't happen until the CBA is squared away.
I agree... Based on what Bill Polian has said...

Old 08-02-2010, 03:36 PM

http://www.colts.com/images/news_photos/feature/2010_manning.jpg (broken link)
The Official Website of the Indianapolis Colts (http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=article7&news_id=eabf0eb0-65ab-4d59-b88b-e4cb1087af35 - broken link)

IT'S HERE!!!!!

Old 08-06-2010, 05:28 AM

GEEZ.........COLTS NATION!!! WHERE ARE YOU???

Quote:

http://www.colts.com/images/news_photos/feature/2010_tc_gonzalez.jpg (broken link)

Colts Wide Receiver Anthony Gonzalez Glad to be Practicing at 2010 Training Camp
ANDERSON, Ind. – Anthony Gonzalez doesn't yet know his role this season.
And while it would be inaccurate to say the former first-round selection doesn't care about that role, it would be very accurate to say there's something more important to the veteran wide receiver.
A chance to play.
For that matter, even the chance to practice in the Central Indiana heat during 2010 Training Camp has been welcome for Gonzalez.
“I've been telling everybody, 'I just want to practice,'' Gonzalez said this week during Colts training camp, which continued Thursday with a pair of practices at Anderson University.
“'Give me a practice: we'll start with that and then see how it goes.' ”
Colts quarterback Peyton Manning said it's not only good to see Gonzalez working, it's important to the effectiveness of the offense.

http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=article7&news_id=c1137481-0deb-4612-b13c-7ed622c585cb (broken link)
I think the Colts have the deepest and most dangerous receiving corp in the NFL! Let's hope pass protection is there with that new O-Line, though.....

Old 08-06-2010, 07:58 AM

Default Qb

Quote:
GEEZ.........COLTS NATION!!! WHERE ARE YOU???

I think the Colts have the deepest and most dangerous receiving corp in the NFL! Let's hope pass protection is there with that new O-Line, though.....
The O-Line battle is certainly one of the most interesting this preseason. Sorry I don't have any links right now, but I was reading some stuff yesterday in which Manning said that he really wants to see the running game improve so he doesn't have to pass 50 times a game. And Polian finally seems to be clarifying his statements regarding the O-Line's Super Bowl performance -- he was particularly miffed at our inability to convert key 3-and-short situations (Hello, Bill?? That's been an issue for the past three seasons!)

As for Gonzo, glad to have him back, but I have to figure he's the #4 right now. Why upset what seemed to work last season? I really get worked up when I hear people say that Gonzo will take reps from Collie. Why on Earth would you want to give Collie fewer reps? Dude has hands. But, hey, this is a good problem to have.

I'm also interested in the backup QB battle. Team brass are still talking nice about Painter, but I'm hoping Painter gets serious competition.

Old 08-07-2010, 08:40 PM

Quote:
The O-Line battle is certainly one of the most interesting this preseason. Sorry I don't have any links right now, but I was reading some stuff yesterday in which Manning said that he really wants to see the running game improve so he doesn't have to pass 50 times a game. And Polian finally seems to be clarifying his statements regarding the O-Line's Super Bowl performance -- he was particularly miffed at our inability to convert key 3-and-short situations (Hello, Bill?? That's been an issue for the past three seasons!)

As for Gonzo, glad to have him back, but I have to figure he's the #4 right now. Why upset what seemed to work last season? I really get worked up when I hear people say that Gonzo will take reps from Collie. Why on Earth would you want to give Collie fewer reps? Dude has hands. But, hey, this is a good problem to have.

I'm also interested in the backup QB battle. Team brass are still talking nice about Painter, but I'm hoping Painter gets serious competition.
I think Gonzo will start on the right side wide. Pierre may be fast...but he is too inconsistent in catching. It's either home run or nothing with him. That key drop in the Super Bowl still wakes me up at night!

Gonzo has the better hands and does that corner end zone fade route Peyton likes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football