U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-21-2010, 06:28 PM

5,690 posts, read 6,286,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
He stayed in the pocket on that last drive and threw a INT because his arm was hit.
Not true. I just re-watched that play twice. He was being pressured, however. Just seems like Manning and Garcon are not on the same page.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2010, 06:37 PM
FBJ

34,618 posts, read 23,897,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
Not true. I just re-watched that play twice. He was being pressured, however. Just seems like Manning and Garcon are not on the same page.

That's why a QB should be in the shotgun formation during the 2 min drill

Old 11-21-2010, 06:39 PM

767 posts, read 846,836 times
Quote:
Peyton Manning showed his one weakness, NOT MOBILE

He stayed in the pocket on that last drive and threw a INT because his arm was hit.

You have to roll out the pocket in a 2 min offense
I agree....had he rolled out or at least ducked, he could have gotten the pass off. Hell, I would rather him take the sack (obviously) .

But overall, it was first down..why go for the big play in that situation? You have to play to protect the ball.

Old 11-21-2010, 06:48 PM
FBJ

34,618 posts, read 23,897,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnasty View Post
I agree....had he rolled out or at least ducked, he could have gotten the pass off. Hell, I would rather him take the sack (obviously) .

But overall, it was first down..why go for the big play in that situation? You have to play to protect the ball.

I know they had plenty of time so it was no need to go for it all. And yes a sack would have been a lot better than a turnover

Old 11-21-2010, 09:20 PM

10,337 posts, read 7,242,347 times
Manning got us in the hole with his first interception!!! DAG! Then he lost it for us in the end!! The one positive I pull from this is that this Colts team is TUFF!! The Pats totally dominated a healthy Steelers squad last week in Pittsburgh! Now a Colts M.A.S.H. unit takes them to the limit! We can only imagine what a healthy colts team could have done.......oh well....If we even make the play offs this year, we'll have to play in the snow/

Old 11-22-2010, 06:43 AM

3,791 posts, read 5,031,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
We can only imagine what a healthy colts team could have done

Imagining is fun, huh.

Old 11-22-2010, 08:19 AM

And while we are all at our respective jobs this morning talking about this loss.........had the defense not waited until the 4th quarter to step-up , we would not have been in such a precarious position.

Old 11-22-2010, 09:29 AM

6,837 posts, read 7,896,734 times
Quote:
Peyton Manning showed his one weakness, NOT MOBILE
you mean to tell me Peyton Manning is not mobile? I hope no one tells the Chargers this deep dark secret.

Old 11-22-2010, 09:32 AM

6,837 posts, read 7,896,734 times
Quote:
I know they had plenty of time so it was no need to go for it all. And yes a sack would have been a lot better than a turnover
A sack would have knocked the Colts out of field goal range; Vinateri is not known for his long distance kicks.

The Colts were going for the win, as they should have. If they played it safe and went to OT, and lost, people would have been roasting Caldwell today.

As Peyton says in the car commercials, he is always thinking touchdown.

Old 11-22-2010, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
A sack would have knocked the Colts out of field goal range; Vinateri is not known for his long distance kicks.

The Colts were going for the win, as they should have. If they played it safe and went to OT, and lost, people would have been roasting Caldwell today.

As Peyton says in the car commercials, he is always thinking touchdown.
And here inlies the problem. Yes, a sack would have taken them out of FG range for that play, but we had plenty of time left. Peyton should have simply concentrated on moving the chains....fairly common thought process in the two minute offense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football