Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2011, 09:58 PM

780 posts, read 1,542,403 times

Advertisements

Tough game to lose. Offense should help dictate the defense. We need a better passing game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2011, 10:09 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,011,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
I love throwing Caldwell under the bus... But today, I can't even do that!
he better consider starting someone else before he gets fired

Old 09-19-2011, 05:48 AM

3,681 posts, read 9,058,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
The loss can not be pinned simply on Manning not being in the game, you would have to be blind to think that.

If Kerry Collins plays the entire season as starter, this can still be a 9-7 team.

Look at the next five games:

vs. Cleve, vs. Pitt, @ TB, vs. KC, @ Cincy.

The Colts should still get to 3-3 with that schedule in front of them. The game against Pittsburgh is the only one that jumps off the page as an L.

After that, a trip to N'awlins. Pencil that in as an L.

After that it gets a little easier

@ Tennessee
vs. Atlanta
vs. Jacksonville
vs. Carolina

These are four winnable games. If they take 3 of 4, that puts the Colts at 6-5. Knowing the entire history of the Texans, and looking at the rest of the division, that may well place the Colts in the thick of the race.

@ NE
@ Bal

Pencil those in as two losses

After that:

vs. Tennessee
vs. Houston
@ Jacksonville

All three of those are winnable games. That would put the Colts at 9-7 if they win those games. Tennessee and Jax could well be well out of the hunt and starting their rookie QBs. Houston has never come to Indianapolis and won a game. The same folks hyping up the Texans now are the same folks that hyped them up a year ago after they opened the season with a thrashing of the Colts. How'd that season end up for the Texans? Here's a hint, they still found a way to miss the playoffs.

This team isn't dead yet.
Still standing by this in-depth analysis or do you want to edit?

Old 09-19-2011, 11:02 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times
Hey Colts fans! Tough loss yesterday to my Browns! Please don't take this as rubbing salt in an open wound, because that isn't my intention! I don't play like that! I was watching the game, and I saw a lot of your fans leaving early, or hanging their heads in despair. Trust me! Being in Cleveland, and watching the Browns since their return has been hard at times, and we as Browns fans have had many moments of hanging our heads, and feeling like s***! But guys... keep your heads up! You have had a great run, and have nothing to be ashamed of! I would gladly trade places with you when it comes to our track record over the past 11 years vs your track record. I wish you guys all of the best, and being that I do like Peyton Manning, I hope he can possibly come back this year, and salvage your season. Still, there is a lot of football left, and you never know what can happen.

Hang in there, and please beat Pittsburgh this Sunday!

Old 09-19-2011, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Hey Colts fans! Tough loss yesterday to my Browns! Please don't take this as rubbing salt in an open wound, because that isn't my intention! I don't play like that! I was watching the game, and I saw a lot of your fans leaving early, or hanging their heads in despair. Trust me! Being in Cleveland, and watching the Browns since their return has been hard at times, and we as Browns fans have had many moments of hanging our heads, and feeling like s***! But guys... keep your heads up! You have had a great run, and have nothing to be ashamed of! I would gladly trade places with you when it comes to our track record over the past 11 years vs your track record. I wish you guys all of the best, and being that I do like Peyton Manning, I hope he can possibly come back this year, and salvage your season. Still, there is a lot of football left, and you never know what can happen.

Hang in there, and please beat Pittsburgh this Sunday!
So, you say all of that in the first paragraph just to get to your hidden agenda in the final sentence!

Yes, it is going to be a tough season and we have been spoiled by our success. I only hope our coaching staff and get it together and make us competitive throughout the season. Good luck with the season.

Old 09-19-2011, 11:27 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnasty View Post
So, you say all of that in the first paragraph just to get to your hidden agenda in the final sentence!

Yes, it is going to be a tough season and we have been spoiled by our success. I only hope our coaching staff and get it together and make us competitive throughout the season. Good luck with the season.

Hey, my 2 favorite teams are the Cleveland Browns and anyone who is playing the Pittsburgh Steelers! But honestly, my well wishes were genuine. You still have a lot of talent on both sides of the ball. Hopefully Kerry Collins can get it going for you guys in Peyton's absence. I honestly thought it was going to be closer because we still don't have a bona fide #1 wr, and I thought Freeney was going to have a field day with Colt McCoy with bringing the heat.

Old 09-19-2011, 11:32 AM

3,681 posts, read 9,058,112 times
Something's just not clicking with the Colts and all I can think is that you can't win every year so we all know this was coming... Hopefully, the positive out of all of this will be better draft picks and maybe some coaching changes! We'll see.... The Colts will be back and I think they will get better through this season but I don't see them beating the Steelers, sorry!

Old 09-19-2011, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Hey, my 2 favorite teams are the Cleveland Browns and anyone who is playing the Pittsburgh Steelers! But honestly, my well wishes were genuine. You still have a lot of talent on both sides of the ball. Hopefully Kerry Collins can get it going for you guys in Peyton's absence. I honestly thought it was going to be closer because we still don't have a bona fide #1 wr, and I thought Freeney was going to have a field day with Colt McCoy with bringing the heat.

Yeah, I know they were....just pulling your leg!

Old 09-19-2011, 12:24 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
The loss can not be pinned simply on Manning not being in the game, you would have to be blind to think that.

If Kerry Collins plays the entire season as starter, this can still be a 9-7 team.

Look at the next five games:

vs. Cleve, vs. Pitt, @ TB, vs. KC, @ Cincy.

The Colts should still get to 3-3 with that schedule in front of them. The game against Pittsburgh is the only one that jumps off the page as an L.

After that, a trip to N'awlins. Pencil that in as an L.

After that it gets a little easier

@ Tennessee
vs. Atlanta
vs. Jacksonville
vs. Carolina

These are four winnable games. If they take 3 of 4, that puts the Colts at 6-5. Knowing the entire history of the Texans, and looking at the rest of the division, that may well place the Colts in the thick of the race.

@ NE
@ Bal

Pencil those in as two losses

After that:

vs. Tennessee
vs. Houston
@ Jacksonville

All three of those are winnable games. That would put the Colts at 9-7 if they win those games. Tennessee and Jax could well be well out of the hunt and starting their rookie QBs. Houston has never come to Indianapolis and won a game. The same folks hyping up the Texans now are the same folks that hyped them up a year ago after they opened the season with a thrashing of the Colts. How'd that season end up for the Texans? Here's a hint, they still found a way to miss the playoffs.

This team isn't dead yet.
Any revision on your predictions?

40% is a 6-10 season.

All of the remaining opponents except KC is off to a better start than the Colts.

And I am pinning the losses on Caldwell, not the absence of Manning.

Did you see Kafka come in last night for the Eagles and run the offense? Same with the Patriots when Brady goes down. That's coaching. How long has Painter been there? Why isn't he ready?

Old 09-19-2011, 01:27 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,534,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
How long has Painter been there? Why isn't he ready?
Maybe he just sucks??

That's on the front office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football