Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2009, 03:50 PM

2,742 posts, read 6,752,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
How come no one is mentioning the GM Huerney (sp?).? He is the one who did the deal w/the contract, not fox.

I think fox is a very good coach. They were a hair last year from being the #1 seed in the NFC, everyone forgets that. Yes, Delhomme lost that game for them last year, but it wasn't Fox's fault.

Again, if you want to blast contracts or coordinator decisions, go after the GM.
I agree with you about Hurney. I put them all in the same category. You're right about the GM making a lot of decisions, but I wouldn't let Fox off the hook either. All he has to say is "Marty, this is what I need to win...", i.e. another quarterback, etc., and he would get it. So you have to put some of the blame on Fox too. Coaches in the NFL have a lot of say as to what players are on the field.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2009, 03:59 PM

2,757 posts, read 5,645,125 times
*Carolina vs Arizona. Delhomme threw 5 picks and fumbled 1 time.
*Carolina vs Philadelphia. Delhomme threw 4 picks and fumbled 1 time (returned for a TD).
*Jake is responsible for 11 (yes, eleven) turnovers in two games but his game was actually decent by his standards.

In all seriousness, this has to make Panther fans nervous. Fox benched Jake today; I hope the Panthers can get respectable again and rep the NFC South right. Go Falcons

Old 09-13-2009, 04:34 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,915,570 times
Sorry, but you cannot lay 100% of the blame on Delhomme and not the swiss cheese; err.. I mean offensive line! Gawd, the Eagles were back to Delhomme before the ball got to him on some plays!!!

Granted, I don't think Delhomme is high quality NFL starter, but I can't believe how the home team "fans" dumped on him so early in the brand new season. Home team fans should be urging the team on to try and get something going, not booing at 9:49 of the second quarter.

Last edited by Stripes17; 09-13-2009 at 04:35 PM.. Reason: add

Old 09-13-2009, 04:37 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,728,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Blue View Post
I agree with you about Hurney. I put them all in the same category. You're right about the GM making a lot of decisions, but I wouldn't let Fox off the hook either. All he has to say is "Marty, this is what I need to win...", i.e. another quarterback, etc., and he would get it. So you have to put some of the blame on Fox too. Coaches in the NFL have a lot of say as to what players are on the field.
I dont' disagree w/a hc influence but you can't just bash the decisions you don't like. He did go out and get Muhammed, drafted Beason, Deangelo, Otah, & Stewart. Those are some very good picks and have paid dividends already.

Also, I don't have a dog in this fight. I think the Panthers (at least last year) were good enough to win or goto a superbowl "in spite" of Jake. This year, they had a tough break w/the Kemouatu injury.

They are going to win w/3 yards and a cloud of dust. That's how the Panthers are built. Smashmouth on Offense (run first, pass 2nd), and tight D.

Just my .02

Old 09-13-2009, 04:39 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,728,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
Sorry, but you cannot lay 100% of the blame on Delhomme and not the swiss cheese; err.. I mean offensive line! Gawd, the Eagles were back to Delhomme before the ball got to him on some plays!!!

Granted, I don't think Delhomme is high quality NFL starter, but I can't believe how the home team "fans" dumped on him so early in the brand new season. Home team fans should be urging the team on to try and get something going, not booing at 9:49 of the second quarter.
Theres nothing wrong w/the fans booing him. He played like crap against the cards last year ( and today). No getting around it. They pay good money for a ticket and can boo, just like they cheer him when he plays good.

Old 09-13-2009, 05:04 PM

4,222 posts, read 7,898,822 times
Quote:
WTH

Why was this guy's contract extended in the off season, and why, why was another "serious" backup not brought in to compete for the job? I don't care how many games they won last year, that last game was reason enough to try and put some pressure on him.
Take Smith too. He hasn't impressed in a while. I think the whole team sucks. We would have been better off letting Garringer or one of our High Schools play Phili.

Old 09-13-2009, 05:10 PM

3,681 posts, read 9,058,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Summers View Post
*Carolina vs Arizona. Delhomme threw 5 picks and fumbled 1 time.
*Carolina vs Philadelphia. Delhomme threw 4 picks and fumbled 1 time (returned for a TD).
*Jake is responsible for 11 (yes, eleven) turnovers in two games but his game was actually decent by his standards.

In all seriousness, this has to make Panther fans nervous. Fox benched Jake today; I hope the Panthers can get respectable again and rep the NFC South right. Go Falcons
Great post dude! That's what I'm saying, Delhomme's got to go! Too bad, they don't really have a good 2nd QB to take over for him.

Old 09-13-2009, 05:10 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,688,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
Theres nothing wrong w/the fans booing him. He played like crap against the cards last year ( and today). No getting around it. They pay good money for a ticket and can boo, just like they cheer him when he plays good.
Jack, I heard that there was booing. Did this happen during the game? I couldn't help but wonder. Booing when a Philly team is playing during an away game will only serve to make the Philly team feel at home. (Philly sports fans aren't called boo-birds for no reason.)

Old 09-13-2009, 05:34 PM

3,483 posts, read 6,264,181 times
The spend alot of $$ on #17. Bad choice.

Old 09-13-2009, 05:38 PM

3,483 posts, read 6,264,181 times
Quote:
WTH

Why was this guy's contract extended in the off season, and why, why was another "serious" backup not brought in to compete for the job? I don't care how many games they won last year, that last game was reason enough to try and put some pressure on him.
The owner loves Jake. They need to move-on without him one day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football