Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2015, 06:28 PM

199 posts, read 257,734 times

Advertisements

There's a lot to build on (in a good way) after yesterdays lost and this season. It will be interesting to see what moves (coaches, players) are made in the offseason as well as how our draft goes. As for the game yesterday you can't commit 3 turnovers against a team like Seattle and expect to win. Their D is legit, they may very well repeat as Super Bowl champs. Our D certainly gave us chances though, especially in the first half.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2015, 07:19 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,718,482 times
The defense played well. I thought the tackling was better in the 1st half, but overall I can't kill benwiekere for that TD. It was a hell of a throw/catch. Even w/o Star, the front 4 did a good job. Would've liked Cam look more for Olsen throughout the game, but maybe he was covered really well, I don't know.

I have to think Shula will be gone. Yes, Gettleman didn't add to the offense last year, but in addition to Cam needing to improve, I don't think they can get to the next level w Shula as an OC.

Also, I see no way they can keep JStew, Deangelo, & Fozzie.

I'm all over the map here w this post, but just some random thoughts on the game on the future.

Old 01-12-2015, 07:19 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,638,570 times
My wrap up for the season...

This team needs a legit #2 WR. Fozzy needs more reps. I know Tolbert is a fan favorite but he is not a 3rd down play maker. Makes no sense for Tolbert to get that pass when Fozzy took a screen to the house vs AZ.

Russell Wilson also exposed the DB's in this game. Wilson was 8/8 on 3rd down.

It was a good season though and the team showed some heart by fighting for a playoff spot when they were 3-8-1.

I'm also curious to see how the Hardy situation plays out.

Old 01-12-2015, 07:48 AM

Agree wholeheartedly on the #2 wide receiver. Benjamin I think will develop nicely, and Olsen is a quality TE (poor man's Witten IMO), even the harshest critic of Cam would admit that they need another quality wideout.

Fozzy is underrated IMO. From the touches he got, the guy is fast and looks like he can be an extremely good RB...just think he needs to be the guy to offset JStew, not Deangelo.

Benwiekere I think will be good, but him and Norman are young....Like the WR, they need to beef up the secondary...

Hardy situation will be interesting....he made a comment to J Norman before everyone broke for the offseason that he wants to stay in Carolina.....I hope Gettleman can figure out a way to sign him, but not break the bank. If we had him back, that defense would kick arse even more...

I wonder who Cam is going to work with in the offseason to improve his technique. Kaepernick is working w/Kurt Warner.

Cam needs to work with guys in the offseason to take it to the next level like Luck is doing....not a knock, just figuring he needs to do whatever it takes to improve.

Old 01-12-2015, 08:14 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,082,559 times
My offseason thoughts:

Hardy will be gone. Too much scrutiny around him. His hearing is scheduled for Feburary right now, but it could be postponed, and he'll be looking at a hefty suspension if he's found guilty.

DeAngelo will be released by 6/1.

I think Philly Brown can develop into a speed receiver and be good out of the slot, but we need a true #2 receiver. Also, Kelvin needs to work on his hands and reduce the drops.

O-Line and D-Line need to be focused on in the draft. Bell should be resigned, but at a low amount. If he wants multi-millions, let him walk and look for a tackle in the 1st round. Getting saddled with the #25 pick in the draft sucks, but it is what it is.

2 biggest free agents that we need to retain, IMO, are Dwan Edwards and Colin Cole. The rest can walk.

Secondary should mature well over the offseason and be better next season, but if there is a free agent that can be brought in to sure that up, excellent.

And, on the bright side, heading into the 2015 season will be the first season that we are no longer paying Jake Delhomme's contract!! So some of our dead money finally comes off the books!

Kuechly is entering the final year of his contract, so we should focus on resigning him this offseason, so we don't lose him after this season.

Old 01-12-2015, 09:29 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,638,570 times
The fact that Carolina was still paying Delhomme says a ton about the mismanagement by the last GM.

Old 01-12-2015, 09:44 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,082,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
The fact that Carolina was still paying Delhomme says a ton about the mismanagement by the last GM.
Excatly why Hurney was fired. But unfortunately, we're still reaping the consequences of him. Huge deals to DeAngello, Stewart, and Charles Johnson will be with us for a few more seasons as well.

Old 01-12-2015, 11:04 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter31 View Post
My offseason thoughts:

Hardy will be gone. Too much scrutiny around him. His hearing is scheduled for Feburary right now, but it could be postponed, and he'll be looking at a hefty suspension if he's found guilty.

DeAngelo will be released by 6/1.

I think Philly Brown can develop into a speed receiver and be good out of the slot, but we need a true #2 receiver. Also, Kelvin needs to work on his hands and reduce the drops.

O-Line and D-Line need to be focused on in the draft. Bell should be resigned, but at a low amount. If he wants multi-millions, let him walk and look for a tackle in the 1st round. Getting saddled with the #25 pick in the draft sucks, but it is what it is.

2 biggest free agents that we need to retain, IMO, are Dwan Edwards and Colin Cole. The rest can walk.

Secondary should mature well over the offseason and be better next season, but if there is a free agent that can be brought in to sure that up, excellent.

And, on the bright side, heading into the 2015 season will be the first season that we are no longer paying Jake Delhomme's contract!! So some of our dead money finally comes off the books!

Kuechly is entering the final year of his contract, so we should focus on resigning him this offseason, so we don't lose him after this season.
Agree on Hardy, Jerry Richardson avoids players with off-the-field issues like the plague and I don't expect Hardy to be different.

Releasing Charles Johnson saves us about $6 mill towards on the cap but pickings on FA got real slim when Cliff Avril reupped with SEA so I think he will be restructured.

We have to get a known #2 receiver. I would not risk waiting on another rookie at that position.

If Byron Bell comes back, he'd be better suited to play RT but Ruemmers played well there so I think we are best off starting fresh at LT and saying bye bye Bell.

Thomas DeCoud is a goner.

Old 01-12-2015, 11:51 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,379,327 times
Perhaps all Cam needs is a visit to the eye doctor?
And stop with the Superman BS , you're not in a class with NFL elite quarterbacks.

Old 01-12-2015, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Perhaps all Cam needs is a visit to the eye doctor?
And stop with the Superman BS , you're not in a class with NFL elite quarterbacks.
His 2 obvious problems are 'touch' on the ball....we all know he can sling it 100mph. However there are times when he has to take something off, and times when he needs to zip it in there...

Also, his other problem is locking in on a receiver...needs to do a better job of throwing the ball before a receiver makes his cut, or making quicker decisions...

You don't learn that DURING the season. You practice and learn that during the offseason. We shall see how things progress...I think he can be in that grouping, he just has to work hard to get there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football