Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2012, 01:00 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,718,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADA_NC View Post
We need wins.. period...

Blame goes all around, OL, DL, QB, HC, AC ,GM, Owner, everybody... But above all the blame lies with fans for being OK with a second string team who will win 1 game in every 4 games.. Fans seem to be OK with mediocre team.

I have seen a lot of people saying Giants are champions that's why we lost, falcons are top team that's why we lost, saints are ex-champions that's why we lost... Fans find excuses to justify our teams loss... And we do it every time we loose, we did it last year, previous year...

We need a complete reboot of the team. We need wins!!! Not losses... not close finishes... not defeat from jaws of the victory... WE NEED WINS!!!!!!

I dont hate Cam or Ron or Marty.. but they are all disjointed... everybody ready to shoulder the blame (I am sorry for the loss!!!).. but nobody ready to man up!
When you say "complete reboot" that means the owner firing the GM and coach. Is that what you mean? Do you just mean Rivera?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2012, 01:07 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,638,570 times
Quote:
We need wins.. period...

Blame goes all around, OL, DL, QB, HC, AC ,GM, Owner, everybody... But above all the blame lies with fans for being OK with a second string team who will win 1 game in every 4 games.. Fans seem to be OK with mediocre team.

I have seen a lot of people saying Giants are champions that's why we lost, falcons are top team that's why we lost, saints are ex-champions that's why we lost... Fans find excuses to justify our teams loss... And we do it every time we loose, we did it last year, previous year...

We need a complete reboot of the team. We need wins!!! Not losses... not close finishes... not defeat from jaws of the victory... WE NEED WINS!!!!!!

I dont hate Cam or Ron or Marty.. but they are all disjointed... everybody ready to shoulder the blame (I am sorry for the loss!!!).. but nobody ready to man up!
I've yet to see this team play 60 minutes of football. I know s^&t happens but this team always has a bad play or game changing play at the most critical times.

Old 10-01-2012, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
When you say "complete reboot" that means the owner firing the GM and coach. Is that what you mean? Do you just mean Rivera?
Besides the GM I don't think anyone should be fired. They just need to reboot their state of mind. It looks like they play not to lose instead of playing to win. There is an "what will go wrong this week" in the back of this teams head...

Old 10-01-2012, 03:27 PM

527 posts, read 919,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
I am no expert in football.. Owner needs to do whatever it takes to win...

I saw Atlanta coach going crazy towards the last 30 seconds... I saw him punch an assistant coach..I saw killer instinct in him... I saw the fire to win...

On the other hand I saw our coach looking like he is waiting for the game to end...no fire in the belly...

When the season ends..nobody would care if we came close to winning or played against gods...all that matters is winning ....

This is nfl... No kiddie league.. No place for losers...

I know people who stooped being panthers fans last years because we cannot get wins...

We don't need motivational quotes... Need wins.....

Nuff said..

Old 10-01-2012, 03:54 PM

Anyone who stops being a Panther fan because they are losing isn't a fan to begin with.... I can understand being frustrated but stop completely? Not possible.

Old 10-01-2012, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Anyone who stops being a Panther fan because they are losing isn't a fan to begin with.... I can understand being frustrated but stop completely? Not possible.

Let's jusr say they are all like jilted lovers...

But we better start showing results..or else the fans are bound to be disenfranchised...

Old 10-01-2012, 06:19 PM

2,532 posts, read 3,449,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Stops? Wouldn't that imply they would have to win first?

This fan likes his teams whether they win or lose.

Old 10-01-2012, 06:40 PM

3,914 posts, read 4,968,976 times
Quote:
I am no expert in football.. Owner needs to do whatever it takes to win....
No not really. The reality is this. Professional sports is a business first.

Technically his only objective is to make money. If he can do that without winning then this objective is met. As someone point out earlier, nobody remembers #2 and since there can only be one #1 in all the teams, IMO a good business strategy isn't to try and be the super bowl winner. You only have to be good enough as to not drive away fans. While they might complain about the results, as long as they keep complaining, this means the money keeps rolling in because they still think it's "their team". Objective met.

The only exception to this would be the Green Bay Packers.

Old 10-01-2012, 07:16 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,718,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frewroad View Post

Technically his only objective is to make money. If he can do that without winning then this objective is met. As someone point out earlier, nobody remembers #2 and since there can only be one #1 in all the teams, IMO a good business strategy isn't to try and be the super bowl winner. You only have to be good enough as to not drive away fans. While they might complain about the results, as long as they keep complaining, this means the money keeps rolling in because they still think it's "their team". Objective met.

There is actually some truth to that. It is always a business first, however some owners are more content than others w/making alot of money > winning rings... Jerry Richardson IMO I don't believe has the drive to win a championship as much as some other owners. Some will pay top dollar to get the best coaches/etc...

That's just my opinion.

Old 10-01-2012, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frewroad View Post

This is what we in sales call "law of diminishing returns".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football