Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2016, 04:33 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,737,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
Hey, I was just thinking... as a Ram fan, after the first overall pick, there is no longer a reason to watch day one of the NFL draft!!! LOL
You get to go to bed early. It will be a late night waiting for my Panthers to pick at 31.

Carson Wentz may be the second happiest man in America, next to the Titans GM. He is saved from a career of mediocrity with Cleveland at #2.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2016, 09:01 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,616,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
You get to go to bed early. It will be a late night waiting for my Panthers to pick at 31.

Carson Wentz may be the second happiest man in America, next to the Titans GM. He is saved from a career of mediocrity with Cleveland at #2.
Broncos pick 31, Pats lost their pick.

And Wentz might not be in the clear yet according to some reports.

Old 04-15-2016, 06:13 AM

16,278 posts, read 10,411,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
The Rams did pay a lot for the number one pick, but then when does a franchise not pay a lot for the number one pick?

I think Carson Wentz will be a great pro, and three years down the road when the Rams are in their new stadium, we will all think it was a good trade for both teams.

I also think Wentz will start this year. As a Los Angeles Ram fan I am excited we have our quarterback of the future!!

Perhaps we can now trade Foles for a 4th or 5th rounder??
As a Redskins fan I know the feeling of thinking your team has finally landed their QB of the future. But you may want to pump the breaks on the bolded part. There is no guarantee either of these guys will be the long term answer, especially when you consider neither is considered the prospect many failed QBs were.

Old 04-15-2016, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
As a Redskins fan I know the feeling of thinking your team has finally landed their QB of the future. But you may want to pump the breaks on the bolded part. There is no guarantee either of these guys will be the long term answer, especially when you consider neither is considered the prospect many failed QBs were.
I really think Rams fans should not have a short memory on this matter. Am I the only one who remembers the buzz about Sam Bradford? That is the case study about drafting a QB is a game of Russian Roulette. I particularly think there should be caution considering that Wentz is a Division II QB who has not faced an elite level of college competition. In fact, I'm not so sure that Jared Goff wouldn't be a better choice considering he is already a California guy who may be more of a draw for the LA fanbase and he has been tested with elite competition, even if he faltered at times.

Old 04-15-2016, 09:08 AM

16,278 posts, read 10,411,688 times
I don't think either will be enough to save jobs. Does anyone really expect either of these guys to step in and be good right away? Not a chance. So despite all the picks they have used they are still looking for their first winning season after the Redskins trade and it won't happen this year either.

Personally I thought the move Fisher made by bringing out all the players they acquired in the trade for the coin toss at the Redskins game was pretty funny. But if you are going to talk the talk you need to walk the walk and he has done nothing but stumble for, well, for a long long time. Guys is still living off the limited success he had in Tennessee a decade ago.

Old 04-15-2016, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
I don't think either will be enough to save jobs. Does anyone really expect either of these guys to step in and be good right away? Not a chance. So despite all the picks they have used they are still looking for their first winning season after the Redskins trade and it won't happen this year either.

Personally I thought the move Fisher made by bringing out all the players they acquired in the trade for the coin toss at the Redskins game was pretty funny. But if you are going to talk the talk you need to walk the walk and he has done nothing but stumble for, well, for a long long time. Guys is still living off the limited success he had in Tennessee a decade ago.
I even think his limited success with Tennessee had more to do with Eddie George and Steve McNair (rest his soul) than anything Fisher ever did. Otherwise, there is not a body of work to convince me that Jeff Fisher is capable of being more than a mediocre head coach. I really think the Rams should have left Fisher in St Louis and started from scratch in LA.

Old 04-15-2016, 03:31 PM

2,211 posts, read 2,615,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Hope it works out for the Rams, Titans got what is being called "a heck of a deal" and Rams all in for one player.

Titans went for their QB last year, now they can build through the draft with those picks this year.

And next year!!!

Old 04-15-2016, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Funny, yep, you can make other plans! I like watching the draft, won't be able to watch this year, I'm bummed.

I'll still watch it, who knows what trades might happen. I actually can't wait for the draft, especially with the Rams back in LA.

Old 04-15-2016, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
I hope you feel the same about Goff. Reports are that is who they have their eyes on.

My gut feeling is they will take Wentz, he is an athletic 6'-5" 237 pounds compared to fragile 215 for Goff. I actually would be surprised if they took Goff.

Old 04-15-2016, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I really think Rams fans should not have a short memory on this matter. Am I the only one who remembers the buzz about Sam Bradford? That is the case study about drafting a QB is a game of Russian Roulette. I particularly think there should be caution considering that Wentz is a Division II QB who has not faced an elite level of college competition. In fact, I'm not so sure that Jared Goff wouldn't be a better choice considering he is already a California guy who may be more of a draw for the LA fanbase and he has been tested with elite competition, even if he faltered at times.
Goff is a NoCal guy, that to me is like a whole other state. I don't feel he will be an attraction because he went to Cal. Unless he was the second coming of John Elway who even though he went to Stanford, he also went to Granada Hills High in the San Fernando Valley.

I think the fans will be excited with either one, but my gut is telling me it's Wentz.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football