Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2017, 10:30 AM

1,830 posts, read 2,151,706 times

Advertisements

Is the game going to be on national TV tonight? It seems to only be on the NFL network.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2017, 02:31 PM

2,211 posts, read 2,616,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
Is the game going to be on national TV tonight? It seems to only be on the NFL network.

Yes it will be, it will be televised on the NFL network as well as a major network, I forgot which one. I saw it shown twice on my guide.

Old 09-22-2017, 09:10 AM

858 posts, read 1,145,749 times
Facing the toughest part of the early schedule the Rams sit at 2-1 in the NFC West after a high scoring shootout Thursday night in Santa Clara. With NFL "heavyweights" Dallas and Seattle next on the schedule, the Rams are in a good position to steal one or possibly two of those games. That is if they eliminate mistakes and penalties which made last nights affair, nail biting and more thrilling than what it should have been. But that's the perfect recipe when you have two young offensive minded regimes going at it, led by Sean McVay and Kyle Shanahan. This rivalry is alive and well.

Some numbers:

Gurley 113 yards on the ground and 3 TD's

Goff 22/28 292 3 TDs a QB rating of 145.8

Watkins (two scores) and Woods a combined 214 yards in receptions

Rams Defense 4 sacks one interception

The Defense did allow too many yards, but again if they eliminate the penalties and mistakes this will decrease the ability for opponents to stretch out drives and having the defense on the field for too long.

On Offense, with the weapons now surrounding Goff, the passing game has now made opponents respect the running game and not load the box. This has and will result in potentially more high scoring opportunities for this offense.

The Rams have progressed nicely after 3 games. In order for them to become a legitimate threat to make the playoffs, they need to play well against teams like Dallas and Seattle.

Old 09-22-2017, 11:15 AM

I am actually looking forward to seeing how they do against Dallas and Seattle, I do think they will win one of those games. Right now I am deciding, are we just getting better, or are we for real?? Perhaps we're some where in between. If we can just eliminate turnovers and mental mistakes, we could be good.

Oh and BTW, a note to everyone who called Jarrod Goff a bust. Well it is obvious, he is not a bust!! Last year he was just set up to fail. This season it's the opposite, he is set up for success. I would love to hear what Jeff Fisher thinks about what is going on in LA.

Old 09-22-2017, 03:23 PM

1,830 posts, read 2,151,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
I am actually looking forward to seeing how they do against Dallas and Seattle, I do think they will win one of those games. Right now I am deciding, are we just getting better, or are we for real?? Perhaps we're some where in between. If we can just eliminate turnovers and mental mistakes, we could be good.

Oh and BTW, a note to everyone who called Jarrod Goff a bust. Well it is obvious, he is not a bust!! Last year he was just set up to fail. This season it's the opposite, he is set up for success. I would love to hear what Jeff Fisher thinks about what is going on in LA.
Fisher is chillin and still collecting checks. That SOB lol.

Old 09-23-2017, 08:06 AM

141 posts, read 123,356 times
Watching Thursday night's game brought back fond memories of the greatest show on turf.

Last edited by GoJohnnyGo; 09-23-2017 at 08:43 AM..

Old 09-24-2017, 04:48 PM

1,379 posts, read 1,761,412 times
I think the Rams will take one of two against the Cowboys and Seahawks but this defense needs to get better. If the offense continues to perform, that's good, but a solid defense will be needed eventually to be consistent against the good teams of this league.

Old 09-24-2017, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan2008 View Post
I think the Rams will take one of two against the Cowboys and Seahawks but this defense needs to get better. If the offense continues to perform, that's good, but a solid defense will be needed eventually to be consistent against the good teams of this league.
With the Cowboys playing Monday night and the Rams well rested its something to exploit and perhaps steal one in Dallas. The defense needs to perform better and reducing mental mistakes and penalties (including on special teams) is a good place to start. You're basically giving the opposing offense, more snaps, more possession of time, more yards, more scoring opportunities. The defense stays longer on the field and becomes not as effective, than a fresher one.

Old 09-25-2017, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCLL View Post
With the Cowboys playing Monday night and the Rams well rested its something to exploit and perhaps steal one in Dallas. The defense needs to perform better and reducing mental mistakes and penalties (including on special teams) is a good place to start. You're basically giving the opposing offense, more snaps, more possession of time, more yards, more scoring opportunities. The defense stays longer on the field and becomes not as effective, than a fresher one.
I was thinking the same thing, the Rams will have had more time to prepare for the Cowboys than the Cowboys having time to prepare for the Rams.

I was thinking, we can beat the Seahawks, they haven't impressed me much so far this year. If we can shore up our defense, we can beat the Cowboys, I do think we will beat the Seahawks.

Old 09-25-2017, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
I was thinking the same thing, the Rams will have had more time to prepare for the Cowboys than the Cowboys having time to prepare for the Rams.

I was thinking, we can beat the Seahawks, they haven't impressed me much so far this year. If we can shore up our defense, we can beat the Cowboys, I do think we will beat the Seahawks.
Indeed, they've had recent success vs Seattle (won 3 of last 4) they know this team well, they beat them last year at home so you gotta like their chances.

But their focus right now should be on Dallas. Both Prescott and Elliott had great seconds halfs in tonight's game, two huge reasons why the Cowboys were 13-3 last year. The Rams are gonna need a stellar defensive performance to beat this team, unless the offense has another high scoring game. Should be interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football