Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2017, 07:09 PM

1,338 posts, read 2,024,348 times

Advertisements

It's gonna be a brisk 85 degrees at the Coliseum tomorrow (summer came early), we'll see how that plays into things.

Meanwhile in Philly, it's 30 degrees and snowing. I was at 3rd St Promenade in Santa Monica today and saw several Eagle fans out there, enjoying the weather, high five-ing each other, etc. There's gonna be a lot of green in the stands tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2017, 03:34 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,791,639 times
Well at least the NFL was right, football in LA will bring the fans out... From the opposing team.

Old 12-10-2017, 05:24 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,283,162 times
I want the Rams to win. But I wish the backs would stop acting like (***insert insult here***). They're making great plays, but continually walking the taunting line, and I see no need for that.

Old 12-10-2017, 07:37 PM

1,338 posts, read 2,024,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
I want the Rams to win. But I wish the backs would stop acting like (***insert insult here***). They're making great plays, but continually walking the taunting line, and I see no need for that.
We were pretty much outplayed today, but still had many chances to win (4 point lead in the 4th quarter). Our defense couldn't stop the Eagles from moving up and down the field. Eagles offensive line is really good, it seemed like Wentz/Foles had plenty of time back to there to find open receivers.

That unsportsmanlike conduct penalty on Trumaine was just awful. I really don't like talking about officiating, but how does a ref call that after a 3rd down stop like that? That cost us 4 points.

Old 12-11-2017, 09:20 AM

2,211 posts, read 2,615,349 times
Well I agree that was not a unsportsmanlike penalty on Johnson, they were just talking trash like they all do. Plus there was hands to the face on Gurley that wasn't called. But still the Rams did their part too to lose this game.
I think McVay should've went for it on fourth down in the last two minutes. We're down by two, who cares if we don't make it and they are in good field position. They most likely will down it anyway.

Then when Cooper fair caught that punt! I am thinking that run back might have been our best chance of scoring, even more so over a Hail Mary pass, which they didn't even do that!

I feel sorry for the Eagles though, without Wentz, not sure how far they will go.

Old 12-11-2017, 09:29 AM

858 posts, read 1,145,511 times
First and foremost that Trumaine Johnson penalty really hurt the Rams chances from winning this game. The Rams should know better especially if they were warned. I think it was bad judgement on the part of the officials to throw the flag at that crucial time in the game, especially since the Eagles were also doing a whole lot jawing as well. At any rate it happened. Also that Goff fumble really hurt the Rams from getting the W. Anticipating the heavy Eagles pass rush, more of a ball control, short passes/screens to Gurley would've been a better, safer approach.

The silver lining is the Rams were competitive enough to win this game against quite possibly the best team in the NFL. Hate to see a talent like Wentz go down like that, best wishes.

Old 12-11-2017, 10:25 AM

1,830 posts, read 2,151,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
Well at least the NFL was right, football in LA will bring the fans out... From the opposing team.

Yup, that's the beauty of LA. People come from all over. All are welcome to the games. It's the perfect host city.

Old 12-12-2017, 10:03 AM

2,211 posts, read 2,615,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
Yup, that's the beauty of LA. People come from all over. All are welcome to the games. It's the perfect host city.

LA has residence from all over the country, so it only makes sense that you will have a lot of support for opposing teams. Heck even Kobe is a diehard Eagles fan, Mark Wahlburg(er) is a Patriots fan.

Old 12-12-2017, 10:14 AM

3,859 posts, read 3,046,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
LA has residence from all over the country, so it only makes sense that you will have a lot of support for opposing teams. Heck even Kobe is a diehard Eagles fan, Mark Wahlburg(er) is a Patriots fan.
Kobe is from the Philly area along with Mike Trout of the Angels, who is also a diehard Eagles fan.

Old 12-12-2017, 10:25 AM

1,830 posts, read 2,151,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
Kobe is from the Philly area along with Mike Trout of the Angels, who is also a diehard Eagles fan.
Yup, people shouldn't be shocked by this. The transplant population of LA is enormous. Then you have to consider LA natives from my generation who grew up without a team for 21 years and you have a mixed NFL fanbase. Those LA natives have adopted other teams and they are sticking with them, so the crowd will be mostly mixed and that's perfectly fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football