U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 01-12-2011, 08:39 AM
 
Location: North Jersey
11,020 posts, read 15,710,877 times
Reputation: 7058

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Hey now! Don't go calling Joisey part of NE!!! That term stops at Rhodey! You are part of the New Yawk area, never to be confused with NE!
NE meaning North East not New England...lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-12-2011, 10:54 AM
 
Location: Cane-Bay Plantation
2,223 posts, read 3,150,430 times
Reputation: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
This is so easy to say for a non-Eagles fan. If you had lived the last decade or so of ridiculous disappointment, you would probably feel differently. Just because they get to the playoffs practically every season, doesn't negate the fact that they can't get over the hump.
It could always be worse Cali.......You coulda been a Bills fan!

Pick your poison
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2011, 02:27 PM
 
Location: Redneckville, NJ
4,833 posts, read 6,410,109 times
Reputation: 1775
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokrplr View Post
It could always be worse Cali.......You coulda been a Bills fan!

Pick your poison
Anything could always be worse. Doesn't keep you from having the right to complain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2011, 06:43 PM
 
608 posts, read 710,333 times
Reputation: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
No it isn't.

The team is very young right now. Playoffs 9 of 11 years for Reid. I'm in South Texas - Texans, 0 for 9 years. Take your pick.

What you dont understand is that most of the Eagle playoff losses were in games that the Eagles should have won. Very rarely did I walk away from a Eagle playoff loss and say they just had no chance. Even the superbowl, the Eagles should have and could have won it. The lost NFC Championship games, the Eagles should have won them all. And this last game is the perfect example, the Eagles should have won it, could have won it and just didn't. I would rather not go to the playoffs then lose the way the Eagles manage to lose all the time in the playoffs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2011, 07:30 PM
 
Location: Texas State Fair
8,567 posts, read 5,213,708 times
Reputation: 4128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
This is so easy to say for a non-Eagles fan. If you had lived the last decade or so of ridiculous disappointment, you would probably feel differently. Just because they get to the playoffs practically every season, doesn't negate the fact that they can't get over the hump.
So, when a Philly fan says the 'road to the playoff goes through Philadelphia' they're really just saying Philadelphia is a dead end?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-13-2011, 06:40 AM
 
Location: Redneckville, NJ
4,833 posts, read 6,410,109 times
Reputation: 1775
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrgy View Post
What you dont understand is that most of the Eagle playoff losses were in games that the Eagles should have won. Very rarely did I walk away from a Eagle playoff loss and say they just had no chance. Even the superbowl, the Eagles should have and could have won it. The lost NFC Championship games, the Eagles should have won them all. And this last game is the perfect example, the Eagles should have won it, could have won it and just didn't. I would rather not go to the playoffs then lose the way the Eagles manage to lose all the time in the playoffs.
Very, very well said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-13-2011, 04:41 PM
 
993 posts, read 934,006 times
Reputation: 499
Jim Johnson is rolling in his grave seeing what the defense has become
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-13-2011, 04:57 PM
 
Location: Gulf Coast Texas
11,715 posts, read 4,510,216 times
Reputation: 3817
Chilly Brad is in south FLA interviewing.

Miami Dolphins set to interview Brad Childress for offensive coordinator job
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-13-2011, 09:21 PM
 
608 posts, read 710,333 times
Reputation: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
So, when a Philly fan says the 'road to the playoff goes through Philadelphia' they're really just saying Philadelphia is a dead end?
yes.

remember the eagles this year had the worst home field record of any playoff team 4-4.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-15-2011, 11:38 AM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
35,113 posts, read 24,335,266 times
Reputation: 7914
Eagles Fans feel they are entittled to a TITLE because of the Phillies. Never made sense
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top