Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2013, 10:16 AM

26,699 posts, read 41,737,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
The Philadelphia Eagles Are Keeping Michael Vick For One More Year In A Surprise Move

The Philadelphia Eagles and Michael Vick have worked out a new contract that will keep Vick in Philly for 2013, the team just announced.

Under Vick's old deal, the Eagles would have had to pay him $15 million next season. Because of that huge price, many expected Philly to cut him.

So there's a pay cut with a bunch of incentives.

I'm sure I'm in the minority - but I'm OK with it and hope it works out. If he sucks - bench him.
I think this is a good idea for the Eagles. This year's draft leaves a lot to be desired at QB and free agency is not much better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2013, 11:01 AM

8,632 posts, read 12,999,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I think this is a good idea for the Eagles. This year's draft leaves a lot to be desired at QB and free agency is not much better.
I'm actually shock they did this move.

Old 02-11-2013, 04:11 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times
Kelly's press conference...

Kelly Explains Coaching Staff, Vick Contract

New staff...
OC - Pat Shurmur
DC - Bill Davis
Special Teams - Dave Fipp
QB - Bill Lazor
Running Backs - Duce Staley
Receivers - Bob Bicknell
Tight Ends - Ted Williams
O-Line - Jeff Stoutland (O-Line coach from U of Alabama)
D-Line - Jerry Azzinaro
Outside LB - Bill McGovern
Inside LB - Rick Minter
Def. Backs - John Lovett

Old 02-12-2013, 04:45 PM

7,221 posts, read 11,934,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
The Philadelphia Eagles Are Keeping Michael Vick For One More Year In A Surprise Move

The Philadelphia Eagles and Michael Vick have worked out a new contract that will keep Vick in Philly for 2013, the team just announced.

Under Vick's old deal, the Eagles would have had to pay him $15 million next season. Because of that huge price, many expected Philly to cut him.

So there's a pay cut with a bunch of incentives.

I'm sure I'm in the minority - but I'm OK with it and hope it works out. If he sucks - bench him.
I have nothing to say to this except......sigh......

Old 02-12-2013, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
I have nothing to say to this except......sigh......
I wonder what does this mean for Nick Foles now?

Old 02-13-2013, 05:28 AM

7,221 posts, read 11,934,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
I wonder what does this mean for Nick Foles now?
Most likely another team.

It will be interesting to see what will happen when Vick goes out in the first quarter of the first game with broken ribs and a concussion.

Old 02-13-2013, 08:01 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,109,569 times
yeah, no way you'd get rid of Fowles with Vick under center. Mike's entire body is a glass chin LOL.

But to be honest here fellas, I heard that a lot of the Philly fans aren't too thrilled about this move, but as a Redskins fan I admit that I'm a little worried.

Chip runs a fast-paced offense, with an emphasis on speed, and the Eagles have a lot of fast guys on offense. Vick, even at his age, is still more athletic than 80% of the QBs in the NFL. Then you've got McCoy, Jackson, Avant, Maclin. a lot of speed.

If they can get that offensive line together to give Vick some time to run this Chip kelly offense, the Eagles could be nasty. it'll all be up to Vick to perform.

Old 02-14-2013, 03:14 PM

QB Dennis Dixon agrees to a 2 year deal with the Eagles. Should be an interesting quarterback battle next season.

QB Dennis Dixon agrees to two-year deal with Eagles | Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia

Old 03-14-2013, 09:18 AM

DRC - out.

Broncos cap busy day by signing cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie

The Broncos and Rodgers-Cromartie agreed to terms Wednesday night on a one-year contract worth $5 million, completing a furious day of free-agent activity for the team.

The Broncos also agreed to new contracts with receiver Wes Welker (two years, $12 million), defensive tackle Terrance Knighton (two years, $4.5 million) and linebacker/special teamer Stewart Bradley (one year, $1.2 million) earlier in the day.

Old 03-14-2013, 05:30 PM

Signed...

LB Connor Barwin Bolsters Pass Rush

The Eagles continued to fortify the defense on Thursday, signing linebacker Connor Barwin to a six-year deal. In four seasons with the Houston Texans, Barwin, 6-4, 268, registered 109 tackles, 19 sacks, two fumble recoveries and 16 passes defensed. A second-round draft pick (46th overall) of the Texans in 2009, Barwin, 26, played in 109 games (82 starts) and is second on the Texans’ all-time sacks record.

Eagles also got FB James Casey from the Texas. He is a smart player. Hope they use him properly.

-----------------------------------------

Philadelphia Eagles sign Cary Williams, Kenny Phillips - ESPN

So Nnamdi is out. Williams from the Ravens is in. Kenny Phillips from the Giants is in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football