Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2014, 05:29 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,854,818 times

Advertisements

When I was in Philly around week 5 you would have thought they were 0-5 and going nowhere. The team has talent and they just need to build on it. Always thought Foles had more upside than Vick, and maybe they are a 10 win team giving him a full season. It sucks going 1 and done, but I think you guys have a future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2014, 07:43 AM

3,032 posts, read 5,252,854 times
how would you all like to be Chief fans today?

Old 01-05-2014, 08:06 AM

6,420 posts, read 6,502,165 times
Would have been great to see the Eagles win lastnight, I think it would great for the league if the Eagles won a Superbowl. Maybe next time.

Old 01-05-2014, 10:08 AM

8,631 posts, read 12,959,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
I agree. My original prediction for this team was 6-10. After the first two games, I thought maybe 8-8. Never did I imagine 10-6, division winners and a playoff game. I also never imagined the emergence of a promising young QB in Nick Foles, I thought he played well in his first playoff game. I'm very glad to see the end of the Vick era.

That said, last night's game could have been won. Those who watched the game know what mistakes were made and what the short comings were. I'm sure many things will be corrected in the off-season.

I'm certainly not going to hang my head in shame though, I'm very optimistic for next season.
Now having a little more time to reflect after the game last night, I do think the Eagles surpassed the expectations of most people and the media. I had them going 8-8 in the division. If you would've told me at the beginning of the season that the Eagles were going to make the playoffs, I wouldn't have believed it. Like what you and other posters have already said, the Eagles are headed in the right direction as the team will only get better with Chip Kelly coaching them.

Old 01-05-2014, 02:10 PM

50,509 posts, read 36,145,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
how would you all like to be Chief fans today?

I felt bad for Andy and the fans. It is much worse IMO to lose after being undefeated for a good part of the season. I too had relatively low expectations and think this was a fun Eagles season that exceeded a LOT of people's expectations. I'm proud of them. Wait'll next year!!

Old 01-05-2014, 03:31 PM

10,005 posts, read 11,114,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPeach2 View Post
Would have been great to see the Eagles win lastnight, I think it would great for the league if the Eagles won a Superbowl. Maybe next time.
and the Super Bowl, goose egg lives on

But...a very good building block for the Eagles, team will be a force next year.

Old 01-05-2014, 04:36 PM

14,312 posts, read 14,570,852 times
A great year for the Eagles, and I'm thinking they will only go up from here. Foles was a really great bright spot!

Old 01-05-2014, 06:48 PM

7,216 posts, read 11,906,240 times
The most impressive thing about the 2013 Eagles was their ability to avoid injuries! I'm sure 31 other teams are looking to see if they can get the inside info on their conditioning program.

Old 01-06-2014, 05:37 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,644,866 times
That was a great game to watch. I don't agree with Jonathan Peters who said after the game that the Saints got Lucky and the better team did not win.... I get the emotion of having just lost a playoff game but words like that just sound stupid. Sure, the Saints got lucky the Eagles didn't have their A game.. but the Eagles got lucky the Saints didn't as well...

I felt Foles is sometimes a little too careful at times with the ball. It sounds silly but sometimes you need to throw the ball into coverage, take a shot.. he didn't seem to do that until late in the game after they were down by two scores...

The defense, which played well the entire game, simply couldn't get that final stop. But I put most of the blame on the offense for the loss. The defense did more than most expected, the offense did way less.

Still, a great game.. Congrats to the eagles and their fans on a great season!

Old 01-06-2014, 07:52 AM

45,401 posts, read 26,992,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
That was a great game to watch. I don't agree with Jonathan Peters who said after the game that the Saints got Lucky and the better team did not win.... I get the emotion of having just lost a playoff game but words like that just sound stupid. Sure, the Saints got lucky the Eagles didn't have their A game.. but the Eagles got lucky the Saints didn't as well...

I felt Foles is sometimes a little too careful at times with the ball. It sounds silly but sometimes you need to throw the ball into coverage, take a shot.. he didn't seem to do that until late in the game after they were down by two scores...

The defense, which played well the entire game, simply couldn't get that final stop. But I put most of the blame on the offense for the loss. The defense did more than most expected, the offense did way less.

Still, a great game.. Congrats to the eagles and their fans on a great season!
I agree - especially when there was single coverage on DJax. But he has in the past lobbed a deep ball that our receivers have caught.

His lack of turning the ball over does keep us in many games though. He has started less than 20 games, so he is still learning.

Last edited by DRob4JC; 01-06-2014 at 08:03 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football