Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2014, 01:58 PM

45,356 posts, read 26,941,481 times

Advertisements

Watching ESPN - basically saying Kelly wanted him outta there. Lazy route runner in practice, insubordinate, did his own thing - not to the level of T. Owens. Will see if I can find details.

---------------------------------

Here we go - my hopes were accurate...

Sources: DeSean Jackson Was A Problem For Kelly, Eagles In Locker Room

But what a number of sources close to and around the team, including current and former players, as well as additional sources within the Eagles revealed was that Jackson was not very well liked by his teammates, was blatantly insubordinate, with temper tantrums cussing out Kelly several times in front of the team, pushed the NFL rookie coach the way “a child would test boundaries,” and was more concerned with his rap label than he was about winning football games.

“The fact is, [Jackson] was a ‘me-guy’ with an attitude problem and [Maclin] is the complete opposite, a team guy, a great character guy you go to war with,” said one source. “Funny how [Jackson] has this anti-bully thing and he thought he could push [Kelly] around; he found out otherwise. His being cut had nothing to do with the gang stuff. The team knew it. Everyone knew he had ‘ties.’ Those were his guys. That’s okay. What put him out was his selfishness.

Kelly tried to reach [Jackson] plenty of times and [Jackson] tuned him out.

Read the WHOLE thing. The team says Kelly is not the bad guy here.

Last edited by DRob4JC; 04-04-2014 at 02:10 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2014, 05:01 PM

DeSean Jackson: Not in a gang

Asked if he hangs out with gang members, Jackson said, "Not if they're doing negative things." He added that gangs were products of the environment in which he grew up and that he witnessed "things" on a daily basis.

"Do I know people who are involved? Yes," he said. "I'm definitely aware of and know certain gang members.

"But as far as being affiliated, never have been in one. I've always felt I've been a product of my environment, but I've always felt I've wanted to do things the right way."

----------------------------------------

So everybody is quoting that the allegations were about being a gang member. So I went back to the article and read it - nothing about being a gang member.

The original article from NJ.com said this...

Rather, sources close to Jackson and within the Eagles' organization say, it originally was Jackson's off-field behavior that concerned the front office. A bad attitude, an inconsistent work ethic, missed meetings and a lack of chemistry with head coach Chip Kelly were the original reasons for his fall from grace, sources told NJ.com.

And when the Eagles looked more deeply into why Jackson was missing meetings, they found that his friends were becoming a more powerful -- and negative -- influence in his life.

Then, suddenly, the Eagles had even more serious concerns when they were revealed by NJ.com -- Jackson's continued association with reputed Los Angeles street gang members who have been connected to two homicides since 2010.

"Association" - which is basically what Jackson said.

I guess in the end - we will see if this becomes a Cris Carter positive type story, or a McNabb story where things just go downhill after leaving. Geez - a career year while acting like a butthead at work - if he gets his head together, hoo boy. But he could not be here any longer.

Last edited by DRob4JC; 04-04-2014 at 05:12 PM..

Old 04-07-2014, 09:56 AM

LeSean McCoy says Philadelphia Eagles cut DeSean Jackson for a reason

“I heard the rumors, but I was surprised for sure,” running back LeSean McCoy said, according to FOXSports.com. “I mean, he’s probably one of our biggest playmakers that we had. He can make plays at any given time. He can control the game. He’s probably the biggest deep threat in the NFL.

“To lose a guy like that is definitely tough. He’ll definitely be missed. Obviously every move is made for a reason.”

He seems to be trusting that Kelly/Roseman have a backup plan.

Old 04-11-2014, 09:11 AM

Kelly - not sitting around during the offseason...

Chip Kelly Pro Day round-up

The link chronicles his travels since the beginning of March.

Old 04-11-2014, 09:42 AM

3,859 posts, read 3,035,374 times
The rumor today is that the Eagles will give up a high draft pick for Dion Jordan of Miami - possibly their first round pick. Kelly supposedly loves him.

Old 04-11-2014, 04:41 PM

8,631 posts, read 12,951,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
The rumor today is that the Eagles will give up a high draft pick for Dion Jordan of Miami - possibly their first round pick. Kelly supposedly loves him.
I hope that move doesn't happen. I would rather that 1st round draft pick go to someone in the draft.

Old 04-11-2014, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
Oregon alum... 2012

Old 04-11-2014, 11:53 PM

Jason Avant now with the Panthers.

Old 04-17-2014, 02:56 PM

8,631 posts, read 12,951,189 times
Former Eagles QB Donavan McNaab is arrested for alleged DUI in the Phoenix area according to TMZ.

Reports: Former Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb arrested

http://cdn.hollywoodtake.com/sites/h...bb-mugshot.jpg

Old 04-17-2014, 07:54 PM

23,769 posts, read 28,930,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
Former Eagles QB Donavan McNaab is arrested for alleged DUI in the Phoenix area according to TMZ.

Reports: Former Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb arrested

http://cdn.hollywoodtake.com/sites/h...bb-mugshot.jpg
another Viking steady back-up QB, he probably didn't know that driving drunk was against the law
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football