Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2014, 09:28 PM

7,221 posts, read 11,934,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Better Than You View Post
They should be 6 and 0. lol
They should be. Totally blew that Niners game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2014, 09:34 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,611,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillies2011 View Post
So would you say that having the highest sack rate of any qb last year wasn't a problem? He's among the league leaders in turnovers this year. That's not a problem?

The eagles are a great team but this is more despite Foles than because of him. He's been replacement level at best this year.
Armchair quarterbacks who have a problem with Foles need to ask Chip Kelly why he plays him.

Old 10-25-2014, 08:29 AM

2,471 posts, read 4,018,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Cassidy View Post
Armchair quarterbacks who have a problem with Foles need to ask Chip Kelly why he plays him.
Haha he didn't do so very willingly. If you remember an old beat up Mike Vick beat him in an honest competition and then even when Vick got hurt and Foles did well it took Kelly well over a month to officially declare Foles the starting qb.

Look regardless of how skilled chip thinks Foles is, he has clearly demonstrated that he can win Foles. Foles is also on a dirt cheap rookie contact, considering the potential Foles showed last year, starting him this year was a no brainer. Soon though a decision will have to be made on a long term contract and you'll see how much chip Kelly actually likes Foles when that time comes.

In any event we're both sitting in armchairs buddy. My analysis from said armchair is simply different than yours.

Old 10-26-2014, 04:57 AM

1,837 posts, read 1,961,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Cassidy View Post
People complain when Foles takes sacks. They complain when he throws INTS instead of taking sacks. They complain because he doesn't fly around with lightning speed. They complain because he's not GQ. They complain because he's the QB. Do they complain that Foles and the Eagles are 5-1?
Im not in Phlly but someone mentioned on another site that the media has been a part of the hate on Foles. I dont think its ESPN or any of the proffessional sports columnists or anything so could it be they are saying the local media is the root of this? Seems to be the case because so far its been only Eagles fans that have been the haters. Statiscally, thats been my experience. If thats the case expect to lose Chip Kelly in due time.

Last edited by O-Ducky; 10-26-2014 at 05:13 AM..

Old 10-26-2014, 05:24 AM

But not today. I think the Eagles continue to build on last weeks energy and momentum regardless of where they're at, and I think this will be Nick Foles' best game so far.

Eagles 45
Cardinals 17

"Fly Eagles Fly" and "Win the Day" with a "FAST HARD FINSH"!!!

Old 10-26-2014, 06:06 AM

2,471 posts, read 4,018,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post
But not today. I think the Eagles continue to build on last weeks energy and momentum regardless of where they're at, and I think this will be Nick Foles' best game so far.

Eagles 45
Cardinals 17

(edit-one sentence deleted)!
Build off the energy and momentum of their bye week?

I do agree though that I think Foles has a good game. We're healthier than we've been all year, we're rested and coming off the bye and Arizona's secondary looks like an incredibly tasty matchup. Think Foles carves em up like a jack-o- lantern.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 11-06-2014 at 02:42 PM.. Reason: one sentence deleted

Old 10-26-2014, 07:40 AM

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yQNxL-Rr2es

Old 10-26-2014, 08:48 AM

677 posts, read 672,783 times
Chip Kelly can win a Super Bowl with Foles. That said, although he's not having a great season (so far), I believe the Foles haters are rooting against the guy just so they can sit back and say "told you so!"
I'd hate for them to have to start all over with a new quarterback next season ... and people need to get Marcus Mariota out of their heads, that's not happening. Nick Foles is solid and he's going to be fine, let's not forget he's still in the learning phase of his career.
I'm looking for another wild game today with the Birds coming out on top.

Old 10-26-2014, 11:35 AM

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?i...com%2Furl&_rdr

A little gift link. Hang out with the Nick Foles fanatics today.

Old 10-26-2014, 05:44 PM

8,632 posts, read 12,999,317 times
Those Cardinals....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football