Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2015, 06:50 PM

2,916 posts, read 2,999,324 times

Advertisements

In the NFL, personnel matters. Chip is getting rid of guys that have a little too much 'tude. That's fine in college, but in the NFL that are a finite number of game changing playmakers. The NFL is much more of a "players league" than the college football, which is the ultimate "coaches league."

He doesn't want his authority challenged, but if he keeps on the current path, he won't have to worry about having any authority to be challenged.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2015, 07:12 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,733,093 times
Chip Kelly is not a racist, he is an idiot. Seriously giving away a serviceable starting QB and a 2nd round pick for a QB who is coming off two ACL injuries who the jury was out on before he got hurt? Sam Bradford is not Thomas Davis. This makes trading the whole draft for Mariota look like a genius move.

Old 03-10-2015, 08:08 PM

4,534 posts, read 4,929,335 times
Chip is making moves just for the sake of making moves at this point. I'd say there's a 75% chance this all backfires now that we've let shady, maclin, and djax walk. I get that Foles wasn't that good, but Bradford never wowed anyone either--and now you have to give up a draft pick for him too. I'll give the benefit of the doubt to Chip until we see what the Eagles do next season, but if it all implodes, the Eagles will be bad for a very, very long time and Chip will be fired after next year. But in the end the Eagles still haven't won a superbowl, so who cares? Can't get any worse than that I suppose.

I bet Chip thinks he can make the next Belichick or Jimmy Johnson type of move (i.e. getting rid of Cunningham that turn into lots of quality draft picks)

Old 03-10-2015, 08:11 PM

45,573 posts, read 27,172,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillies2011 View Post
I don't think anyone was lower on Foles than me and even I would go with Foles over Bradford. Hopefully there is more to this trade. Looks pretty terrible right now.
I need to go back to that QB list you created last year...

Has anyone ever remembered any team in the history of the NFL that made changes to this magnitude?

I feel like I am unsafe from Chip Kelly right now.

I will say this - QB is the most important position on the team. I hope he has something good up his sleeve... because it will need to be good or the fans will devour him. You thought it was bad for Santa a few decades ago... hoo-boy

Old 03-10-2015, 08:19 PM

2,010 posts, read 3,458,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Bahahahah

Old 03-10-2015, 08:50 PM

8,700 posts, read 14,694,435 times
I think we should all relax, sit back, and wait to see what happens. Obviously there is more behind this.

Old 03-10-2015, 11:07 PM

2,471 posts, read 4,017,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I need to go back to that QB list you created last year...

Has anyone ever remembered any team in the history of the NFL that made changes to this magnitude?

I will say this - QB is the most important position on the team. I hope he has something good up his sleeve... because it will need to be good or the fans will devour him. You thought it was bad for Santa a few decades ago... hoo-boy
Ha. I listed 24 QBs I'd rather have than Foles. Sam Bradford was not among them.

What truly blows my mind is the fact that we gave up more draft pick compensation than the Rams did!

Bradford was a guy that a lot of people actually assumed would be cut due to his poor production, extreme injury proneness, and exorbitant salary. Chip Kelly the coach may still be a genius but chip kelly the GM is a moron.

I knew this was trouble as soon as Chip became the defacto GM. It is never good when your coach is also the GM. Think about how wildly different the skill set is for both jobs. What are the chances that one single person is simultaneously one of the best football coaches in the world and one of the best GMs in the world? I'd be willing to place those odds at just about zero.

Old 03-11-2015, 12:07 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times
i am thinking that kelly will be trading up to get mariota, since he seems to fit kellys offensive scheme.

Old 03-11-2015, 04:24 AM

24,401 posts, read 23,056,554 times
I had a conversation about it and have to agree with what somebody said. Either Chip Kelly's a genius, or he'll be run out of Philly in a year. This is confusing, that's for sure. Luckily we're in a weak division that's still going to be competitive.

Old 03-11-2015, 08:13 AM

7,221 posts, read 11,933,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RightonWalnut View Post
I think we should all relax, sit back, and wait to see what happens. Obviously there is more behind this.
You go right ahead, while I bang my head against the wall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football