Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2015, 06:50 PM

3,032 posts, read 5,262,940 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
chip likes mobile QBs, and foles is not mobile. put foles behind an offensive line where he can work, and he will put up good numbers. put him behind an offensive line though that requires him to move around, and he not as good.
Same Story in Oregon, where this offense works awesome until you run into a real defense. Atlanta looks crisp tonight. Matty Ice is doing well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2015, 07:02 PM

2,286 posts, read 2,006,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
Same Story in Oregon, where this offense works awesome until you run into a real defense. Atlanta looks crisp tonight. Matty Ice is doing well.
Yeah. Same thing with whoever was coaching Oregon last year too. Their game against Ohio State was just pathetic.

Old 09-14-2015, 07:25 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,322,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
As much as I like Tebow, it is never a serious mistake when the third string QB is the topic of debate.

I can't complain about the direction of the team. They look ready to roll.
False hope spring eternal.

Old 09-14-2015, 08:32 PM

3,032 posts, read 5,262,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
almost had to delete this...

Old 09-14-2015, 10:27 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,824,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep It Simple View Post
Lol, and Bradford, with 2 ACL surgeries, is "mobile"?
he is more mobile than nick foles is.

Old 09-15-2015, 05:26 AM

1,022 posts, read 2,550,200 times
The second half told us a lot about what the offense can be. I also felt that, on many of Bradford's incompletions, he was throwing into the player's numbers and they were just dropping passes. Sproles and Matthews also looked impressive once the offense woke up. One disappointment I saw last night was Byron Maxwell getting burned. The Falcs have good receivers but still. We don't need another Bradley Fletcher out there.

Old 09-15-2015, 05:53 AM

1,069 posts, read 711,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
he is more mobile than nick foles is.
My point is if the "plan" was to get a mobile QB, that's a fail. Bradford isn't a real threat to run the read option

Old 09-15-2015, 06:11 AM

16,274 posts, read 10,398,910 times
Boy that last drive was a mess long before Mathews' drop. Even if he makes the catch they would have burned close to a minute going only 12 yards. Bradford had them moving but all those short passes in bounds would have taken too long.

Even if he had made the FG I think Chip should have gone for the 1st down and kept the ball. Atlanta played scared at the end instead of throwing on third down IMO.

Old 09-15-2015, 06:51 AM

7,221 posts, read 11,931,864 times
The offense just looked plain confused in the first quarter. The receivers didn't seem to be on the same page with Bradford. They did get some stuff going in the second half, but way too late in the game. The secondary still stinks! Bad penalties cost them a lot of yards and don't get me started on the missed 44 yarder.

Well, next up Dallas.

Old 09-15-2015, 07:43 AM

761 posts, read 832,416 times
Well, many of the fickle "fans" are already lamenting the Eagles season as being over.
I think we game planned enough for Julio Jones and Roddy White, but the execution of the secondary unit was sub par. The coaches can't run on the field and do the tackling....that's why the players get the big bucks.

Too many penalties, some stupid ones to boot.
Didn't help that the kicker seemed a bit shaky and missed a crucial field goal.
I'm not a big "dome" fan but that is no excuse for the way the team played in the 1st half.
I found myself reflecting on seasons past and saying, no.......not again.

Bradford has a huge upside, but the rust is apparent.
Too many people say he can only throw the short ball, but I have to disagree with that.

The season is not lost! Lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football