Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2011, 12:56 PM

91 posts, read 192,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Even though i'm an Eagles fan, I was glad to see the game end the way it did.

I do not like Vick. It couldn't have been scripted better than the game ending with him throwing a last gasp interception.

He does not deserve any more glory.
Vick did his job, did Akers do his..
24 - 21 final ??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2011, 01:32 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,158,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
If you go back to my posts at the beginning of the season, you will see that I was fine with going 7-9 for the sake of rebuilding. I really don't see much glory in making the playoffs if you are going to go out first round.
Shrug....and thats what you woulda been. To blame Vick for the loss yesterday is well.. silly. His numbers were good till that last pick. If you guys don't want him there are I'd say about 25 other teams that would.

Old 01-10-2011, 03:39 PM

7,221 posts, read 11,933,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Shrug....and thats what you woulda been. To blame Vick for the loss yesterday is well.. silly. His numbers were good till that last pick. If you guys don't want him there are I'd say about 25 other teams that would.
That's great for him then.

Old 01-10-2011, 08:17 PM

608 posts, read 1,346,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjb111 View Post
Vick did his job, did Akers do his..
24 - 21 final ??
Hmmm lets see Akers misses two field goals -6 points for Eagles.

The defense does its job and actually stops the packers like they are supposed to and not be the worst red zone team in the league

-21 points for Green Bay

Stop making Akers the scape goat for a horribly coached game. Vick was almost killed the first play of the game. Reid....horrible.

The wind blows one of Akers kick to the right, and he slips on the FG attempt. How many times this year has Vick slipped (he did it 4 times in one game in Chicago alone!)

So ride one of the best kickers in the league off the team and then bring in about 10 more guys in the next 5 years to try and do his job.

You make me sick.

Old 01-10-2011, 09:20 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,792,639 times
there were a lot of mistakes made by the players and the coaches. It wasn't a single person's fault and if it were it wasn't Vick. I would probably blame Reid for horrible play calling.

Reid is becoming jeff fisher, he won't leave. I love what he has done for the eagles but after 12 years it is time.

Old 01-10-2011, 11:46 PM

91 posts, read 192,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrgy View Post
Hmmm lets see Akers misses two field goals -6 points for Eagles.

You make me sick.
Ok how bout this, James Jones actually makes the two point conversion (twinkle toes can't keep it in bounds) and Akers gets yes a chance to vindicate himself again, but with his record it's just a day at the office and this was a sick day..

NAME FGM FGA PCT
David Akers 32 38 84.2
was 32 36 going into that game 89.5

The mans a machine, he misses but four all season, did two of them have to come in a same playoff game...

Old 01-11-2011, 09:22 AM

2,223 posts, read 4,998,048 times
Aikers has won more games for you guys than he's lost. You can point the finger allday long @ different players. To me it comes down to coaching OR lack of.

The real turning point was when Philly cut the lead to 14-10 and let GB march all the way down the field on the next possession. Where's the killer instinct that they've shown before?? Wasn't present! When the Giants had them crushed it was Philly D's that stepped up and allowed that comeback to happen.

Old 01-11-2011, 10:11 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,191,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
The windchill up here in the NE made that 30 degrees feel like 10

Hey now! Don't go calling Joisey part of NE!!! That term stops at Rhodey! You are part of the New Yawk area, never to be confused with NE!

Old 01-11-2011, 10:20 AM

7,221 posts, read 11,933,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Hey now! Don't go calling Joisey part of NE!!! That term stops at Rhodey! You are part of the New Yawk area, never to be confused with NE!
I think for Kate....NE=Northeast, not New England. Notice the use of "the" before it in her post.

Now get out of here you stinkin' Pats fan.

Old 01-11-2011, 10:34 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,056,554 times
The division is going to be interesting next year. The Cowboys might get their house in order but Romo will always be a question mark. I seriously doubt the Redskins will ever get their house in order. The Giants are going to have some serious psychological baggage to deal with. And the Eagles are in the same boat.
Oh well, at least we have the Phillies and baseball season to look forward to. You have to feel sorry for the Giants fans who are also Mets fans and the Redskins/Nationals fans.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football