Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 11:26 AM

3,816 posts, read 6,446,754 times

Advertisements

That helmet with the red eyed hawk is hideous.

Seattle's football stadium is the best one in the league, though. What a gem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2009, 03:27 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,221,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
As a big Seahawk fan who voted in the contest, I do not recall that "proto-type" being the choice. In fact, if I do remember correctly, the two choices were the current blue helmet and a silver helmet with the same logo as the current helmet and a dark blue face mask. I've never seen that logo and don't think it made the cut in the contest (and to me it looks cheesy). Here is a link to an old ESPN article.

Google Image Result for http://espn.go.com/media/pg2/2002/0328/photo/a_newhelmet2_i.jpg

Here are the pics of the other choice.

I voted for the silver helmet...but dig the blue one too.

Looking at the ESPN link, I noticed the SuperSonics finally got new uniforms. They'll look great this year...oh, wait...
yeah - I couldn't see the posted pic at work - it definitely wasn't the one that was up for the vote

I don't think that the one shown was ever under consideration by the seattle seahawks - there are some teams in the US and internationally that use seahawks as their nickname as well, it could of been one of their options

i voted for the blue helmets, but don't mind the silver ones - i think they would of looked pretty good as I was also a huge fan of the old unis

Old 04-19-2009, 07:50 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,212,163 times
The bloodshot eye thing is just plain silly.

But their unis are so butt-ugly now I guess it doesn't matter - they should bring back the old ones.

Old 04-21-2009, 08:35 AM

2,625 posts, read 11,218,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2000 View Post
The bloodshot eye thing is just plain silly.

But their unis are so butt-ugly now I guess it doesn't matter - they should bring back the old ones.
yup the neon green stripe is just plain hideous. i read theyre planning to use neon green alternative jerz this year, whooo! should be very nice on the retina, what are they smoking in oregon and washington, its oregon duck influence, i guess!

Old 04-21-2009, 09:54 AM

you read an april fools day joke...........

Old 04-21-2009, 03:01 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,459,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVOW View Post
yup the neon green stripe is just plain hideous. i read theyre planning to use neon green alternative jerz this year, whooo! should be very nice on the retina, what are they smoking in oregon and washington, its oregon duck influence, i guess!
I'm sure they are smoking the good stuff up in the PNW, but the Seahawks wear Reebok jerseys, not Nike, so the whole Duck comment really doesn't make sense.

Old 04-21-2009, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
I'm sure they are smoking the good stuff up in the PNW, but the Seahawks wear Reebok jerseys, not Nike, so the whole Duck comment really doesn't make sense.
yeah but the crazy color schemes kinda match

http://www.greenglare.com/images/alt...y_concepts.jpg
http://cache.gawker.com/assets/image...awksjersey.jpg

and now oregon....
http://www.goducks.com/downloads1/10163.jpg

http://cache.deadspin.com/assets/res...snewhelmet.jpg

Old 04-21-2009, 03:45 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,459,313 times
Holy Lord! Nike is now taking over Reebok!!!

When will it end?

Heck, I'm a Duck fan, but even I think those would be some ugly unis for the Seahawks.

Now, these Duck threads are nice.

The Grellow helmets look best when they are with the rest of the uniform.

And here is a closeup of the ghost flames...like Hot Wheels, it means we are fast...

http://bleacherreport.com/images_root/slideshows/118/slideshow_11838/display_image.jpg (broken link)

Old 04-21-2009, 03:59 PM

those seahawk prototypes posted above are nothing more than an internet guy messing around - used the bottom one as an april fools day joke

there are some people who like the green as a primary color and they do sell an alternate jersey that looks like the one in the 2nd one - i've only seen it on women though

Old 04-21-2009, 04:08 PM

these were the best seattle unis, even w/ the cockeyed seahawk,and yes they looked better after the best Raider rb, next to marcus ran over that bum bozworth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football