Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2013, 11:57 AM

9,091 posts, read 19,221,658 times

Advertisements

meh .... I wouldn't say that the seattle/GB preseason game crushed anything but the sensibilities of those who sat all the way through that meaningless slop fest

as for the rest, I simply just don't get off on talking up or down the actions of grown millionaires .... it's entertainment and I derive no value from how good or poor they perform .... I just enjoy it more when they deliver a more entertaining and winning product - doesn't really put any more money in my pocket or bounce in my step though

every fan base has their assortment though - unfortunately live games have been the breeding ground for the drunken masses of insecure overgrown children, so I try not to frequent them as much
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2013, 12:24 PM

2,533 posts, read 4,603,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
Crushed the Packers in preseason?
A lot of Seahawk fans behavior is just over the top.

I like the badgers about as much as I like Pete Carroll & the Seahawks. I cheer for the team they're playing.

Speaking of "a lousy team that can't win the big one", Seahawk fans talk a lot of trash for a team who hasn't won "the big one".
Heh... Yeah. I know a bunch of Seattle fans and you'd think their team was the second coming of the 70's Steelers with the trash talking egos they have.

Prior to the playoff game they were giving me 7-10 points and the Falcons were at home! LMAO! Did I mention I won $400? Overconfident much Seattle?

I can't stand Carroll... The most overrated lifetime .500 record coach in NFL history.

The Seattle fans can't talk much trash on me right now... Falcons have won 4 straight in the series... 2 in Atlanta and 2 with the 12th man watching... The 5th straight win will come in the Georgia Dome in Week 10.

Old 08-29-2013, 02:50 PM

6,223 posts, read 3,408,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
Crushed the Packers in preseason?
A lot of Seahawk fans behavior is just over the top.

I like the badgers about as much as I like Pete Carroll & the Seahawks. I cheer for the team they're playing.

Speaking of "a lousy team that can't win the big one", Seahawk fans talk a lot of trash for a team who hasn't won "the big one".
True, Seattle has been in one superbowl but Green Bay has won only four in 85 years, so what is your point?

Old 08-30-2013, 10:32 AM

Great win in the final pre-season game, Wilson looked good for the one series he was in. I think winning in the pre-season is important as it give the team a winning attitude going into the regular season.Does anyone really think teams like Oakland and San Diego have a feeling this will be a positive season after being beaten big time in their final pre-season game?

Old 08-30-2013, 10:51 AM

9,091 posts, read 19,221,658 times
I don't think it will really effect them

I don't think Oakland had great feeling before preseason even started .... 1/3 of their cap space is for players not on the roster and the team just has too many holes in vital places

SD is going to be about if Rivers has time to throw on offense and if Mathews or anyone else in the running game can finally contribute ..... nothing in that game showed anything for that - Rivers has been an iron man out there so I don't think the team is deflated by a performance he wasn't a part of .... same deal for backups

The 4th preseason game is by far the least meaningful - it's a final audition and a chance for the depth to get some looks on tape or guys to get a little bit of work before the season starts

Old 08-30-2013, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
Great win in the final pre-season game, Wilson looked good for the one series he was in. I think winning in the pre-season is important as it give the team a winning attitude going into the regular season.Does anyone really think teams like Oakland and San Diego have a feeling this will be a positive season after being beaten big time in their final pre-season game?
Winning in the preseason means jack. Sure I guess it's nice to win and help your team spirit but player evaluation is more important than winning.

Atlanta is 0-4, 1-3, 0-4 in the last 3 preseasons. 1-11 looks pretty bad right... but what about their 33-9 regular season record for 2011 and 2012?

Seattle is 11-1 in the preseason... 18-14 in the regular season for 2011 and 2012.

Detroit had a 4-0 preseason then a 0-16 season.

Redskins went 0-4 in 1991... then 14-2 with a Super Bowl win...

We can go on and on... If anything a poor preseason record indicates a lack of depth... it most certainly is not an indication of how good or bad your team will be.

Old 08-30-2013, 11:27 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,001,750 times
Quote:
I think you put WAY too much stock into preseason games. WAY too much. The 2008 Detroit Lions went 4-0 in the preseason. Look up the 2008 Lions if you're not familiar with them and then get back to us on how important wins and losses (and even point differential) is in the preseason.

Old 09-01-2013, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kees View Post
Winning in the preseason means jack. Sure I guess it's nice to win and help your team spirit but player evaluation is more important than winning.
Obviously you haven't been keeping up to the posts on this thread. In fact I have said that same thing for a couple weeks now. Where you been? All I said was Wilson looked good in his only drive against Oakland, so what is the big deal with that statement? Evaluations and the starting lineup were done before the pre-season even started, the only thing the preseason accomplished was filling a couple holes.

Quote:
Atlanta is 0-4, 1-3, 0-4 in the last 3 preseasons. 1-11 looks pretty bad right... but what about their 33-9 regular season record for 2011 and 2012?

Seattle is 11-1 in the preseason... 18-14 in the regular season for 2011 and 2012.

Detroit had a 4-0 preseason then a 0-16 season.

Redskins went 0-4 in 1991... then 14-2 with a Super Bowl win...

We can go on and on... If anything a poor preseason record indicates a lack of depth... it most certainly is not an indication of how good or bad your team will be.
Losing is good in the preseason....got ya.

Old 09-01-2013, 01:53 PM

3,032 posts, read 5,264,216 times
Quote:

HA HA, good one Rantiquity!!

Old 09-02-2013, 11:08 AM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
I think you put WAY too much stock into preseason games. WAY too much. The 2008 Detroit Lions went 4-0 in the preseason. Look up the 2008 Lions if you're not familiar with them and then get back to us on how important wins and losses (and even point differential) is in the preseason.

Read that again... ^

And answer the question!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football